Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Jul 15th 2011, 3:43 am
Forum Regular

rodderzzz is a jewel in the roughrodderzzz is a jewel in the roughrodderzzz is a jewel in the roughrodderzzz is a jewel in the rough
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by richard37
Oooh. Missed this earlier. Grats Leggy.
any news on yours yet richard?
Old Jul 15th 2011, 3:50 am
Forum Regular

richard37 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by rodderzzz
any news on yours yet richard?
Nope. I keep telling myself, any day now, any day now!
Old Jul 15th 2011, 5:18 am
Forum Regular

rodderzzz is a jewel in the roughrodderzzz is a jewel in the roughrodderzzz is a jewel in the roughrodderzzz is a jewel in the rough

Nope. I keep telling myself, any day now, any day now!
good luck I hope it's tomorrow for you!
Old Jul 15th 2011, 6:33 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by rodderzzz
good luck I hope it's tomorrow for you!
Thanks, that's what I've been telling myself for about three weeks!
Old Jul 15th 2011, 6:02 pm
Forum Regular

BrennaBoo is on a distinguished road

It's been over 2 mos! Time to process!

Maybe next week, in fact, i'm confident we'll start seeing some positive :f ingerscrossed::fin gerscrossedrogress!!!
Old Jul 15th 2011, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

Oh yes - meant to share this with you all.

I found this on another immigration forum's website - they have been kind of tracking things to see how the outland processing is going via london, might help put everyone at rest - gives you an idea of people's timelines.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...CJyi-IYE#gid=0
Old Jul 15th 2011, 8:39 pm
Forum Regular

jaskp1 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by BrennaBoo
Oh yes - meant to share this with you all.

I found this on another immigration forum's website - they have been kind of tracking things to see how the outland processing is going via london, might help put everyone at rest - gives you an idea of people's timelines.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...CJyi-IYE#gid=0
This is nice!! which site did u get it from??

Hmmm... I hope so too!! :fingers crossed: we see something very very soon!! I guess within the next 2 weeks... it could be 4 too so I won't keep tooooo high expectations... Lol.. But being positive!!

All the best everyone... as always!!
Old Jul 15th 2011, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jaskp1
This is nice!! which site did u get it from??

Hmmm... I hope so too!! :fingers crossed: we see something very very soon!! I guess within the next 2 weeks... it could be 4 too so I won't keep tooooo high expectations... Lol.. But being positive!!

All the best everyone... as always!!
It was canadavisa.com
Old Jul 16th 2011, 6:25 pm
Forum Regular

I've just checked the website and it's changed to 'decision made'. The e-mail can't be too far behind now.

Is there anything I can be doing now to be ready send off my passport as soon as the PPR arrives? Other than finding my local Fedex agent of course.
Old Jul 16th 2011, 7:45 pm
Glory glory Man Utd.....

leggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud of

I've just checked the website and it's changed to 'decision made'. The e-mail can't be too far behind now.

Is there anything I can be doing now to be ready send off my passport as soon as the PPR arrives? Other than finding my local Fedex agent of course.
Hey Richard37, sounds like you should hear probably on Monday! You need to send 2 passport photos along with you passport so if you havnt got any then I suggest getting some done. And make sure they meet the same photo requirements as per the application guide.
You'll also need to enclose a self addressed A4 size envelope.

Hope this helps and all the best!
Old Jul 16th 2011, 10:18 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by leggy969
Hey Richard37, sounds like you should hear probably on Monday! You need to send 2 passport photos along with you passport so if you havnt got any then I suggest getting some done. And make sure they meet the same photo requirements as per the application guide.
You'll also need to enclose a self addressed A4 size envelope.

Hope this helps and all the best!
Thank for that Leggy. One question though, can you even get A4 sizes in Canada?
Old Jul 16th 2011, 11:28 pm
Glory glory Man Utd.....

leggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud of

Thank for that Leggy. One question though, can you even get A4 sizes in Canada?

Haha.....i know what you mean! Just send the closest size to an A4, thats what I did. And I sent mine off via Canada Post Registered mail. Cost me $18 but that was much more bearable than the $70 ish that it was gonna cost with Fed-ex!!!

Ive sent stuff this way before and never had any probs and usually only takes up to week to arrive in UK.

Old Jul 17th 2011, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

jaskp1 is on a distinguished road

Heeeeeeeeeey Richard37!!

OK I'm not going to start jumping with joy as yet but fingers crossed it's very very good news... I guess they don't send emails out on the weekends so maybe you should get something on Monday!!

Oooowww... I jus can't wait till you give us the good news!! Very very happy for you that the wait wasn't any longer!! All the best and I'm pretty sure it's good news!!
Old Jul 17th 2011, 2:59 pm
Just Joined

chicadeb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default QUESTION ABOUT THE IMM 5292 AFTER RECEIVING PR

Hi,

I received my Passport back from London a few days ago (with the visa inside) and also the IMM 5292 (confirmation of Permanent Residency) Part 1, 2 and 3.

When I went to Service Canada to apply for my SIN the girl at reception said that they shouldn't have sent the top copy (part 1) to me (it has my photo stuck on it). She continued to say that I would probably need to "Flagpole" in order to complete everything. I was told to sit down and wait for an advisor.

The advisor didn't seem worried at all. She looked at my paperwork and then gave me a temporary piece of paper with my SIN on which I can use until my SIN card arrives (in about 10 days). I didn't ask her anything about what the receptionist had said (flapoling) as she seemed happy with what I gave her and I didn't want to open a can of worms.

IS IT NORMAL TO RECEIVE THE 3 PARTS OF THE IMM 5292? ON THE FORM IT ASKS FOR A SIGNATURE OF THE IMMIGRATION OFFICER AS WELL AS MY SIGNATURE. NOTHING HAS BEEN COMPLETED OR SIGNED ON THE FORM? IS THIS OKAY? I JUST WANT TO CHECK THAT I HAVE OFFICIALLY LANDED.

THANKS
Old Jul 17th 2011, 3:43 pm
Just Joined

emwen11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by caleo
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizen...ligibility.asp

I think we just needed to send off husbands canadian birth cert and our daughters birth certificate. It can take quite a while to come through though - although I know of some people on here who have had theirs expedited - I thunk the posts may even be on this thread if you do a search. Still, he should be fine travelling on british PP when you go over, just take all the paperwork and receipt of payment for proof of citizenship when your husband (hopefully) lands in Feb. They request further proof of ID such as driving licence for the children - but ignore that because obviously they do not have many other forms of ID apart from their birth certs!! You need to get photos done, they have specific sizes etc and have to be correct specs, so take the form with you to a photographer to get the pics done.

Our medical was around £260 I think - was your DMP on the list that the CIC insists you use? I think you can only go with the ones on the list - and although prices vary, they should not vary by such huge amounts!
Thanks! No idea why it was so much. That was just my hub!

Well the medical was done last Monday. We sent my son's citizenship app off last week too and it arrived on Friday, so fingers crossed it's all straightforward and returned soon.

We've just got together the last pieces of 'evidence' (feel like I'm proving my whole life here!) together for hubby's PR app. Photos, bank statements etc. I'm just praying what we've got is enough. I don't want to bombard them, but kinda feel like more is better, you know?

PR app should be in the mail by Tues and then we play the waiting game with everyone else. Eeeek!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.