Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Jun 18th 2011, 2:18 pm
Forum Regular

ralphster is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by davidkenley
No I don't think you have to be in the UK to send your PP, I'm currently in Canada and just planning to send it to London, have it mailed back, then flagpole. Unless you need to leave the country before you'd get it back (apparently about 6 weeks).
Thanks David.

Will you be without a PP in Canada? Just wondering how it works if you are on a 6 month visit and you don't get your PP back before you have to leave the country (to extend your visit or go back to the UK)?

Also:
1) Before you send it to London will you pop over to the States and get a new 6 month visitor stamp or does it not work like that?

2) For London is says the average time for 80% of cases is 9 months (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...fc-spouses.asp). Seems like most people are getting their PP back from London much quicker? Is the 9 months for something other that spouse sponsorship?

3) Has anyone managed to get a 12 month visitor visa instead of 6 months when entering Canada? I read you can do this if you are waiting for PR
Old Jun 18th 2011, 2:49 pm
Forum Regular

Ivesy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jaskp1
Hi Ivesy,

getting a visitor visa is possible but I must warn u that it's very difficult. You have to provide very strong evidence of returning back to the UK. If you had a house to come back to in the UK, that also would have been good. Your 16 yr old child could more possibly get the visitor visa. You might as well on the grounds that they'd be no one else to take care of him when he returns to the uk for school. Did u mention u have anther child too? U need to provide strong evidence for each one.

I was refused a visitor visa just last week (i'm legally admitted to live in the uk). I received a job offer in the UK and thought I'd meet my husband before I start working so I applied for the visa. The immigration officer didn't think the job offer was a strong enough tie to the UK and therefore my visa was refused. the good thing is that it shouldn't affect my PR application and also it adds to proving that it's a genuine marriage. Sad news: I'd have to wait longer until I see him
Hi there, thank you for you response, as much as i would love to be over in Canada right now, i have no choice it seems but to stay here in uk until all has gone through the right channels. i am hoping the first part will be out to Mississauga by the end of next week. I have two older sons who could in theory look after there 16 year. can anyone out there who has gone over to canada from the uk give me a rough idea of how long the whole process could take from start to finish as ive been told between 9-12months and i need some hope!!: i hope you get to see your husband soon

Last edited by Ivesy; Jun 18th 2011 at 2:52 pm.
Old Jun 18th 2011, 8:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BTownSardar
Thanks caleo

When they sent a letter for further information, did they also update your ECAS to notify you that they had sent you a letter?
No Ecas just said "started processing on 24th feb" and the letter was dated 22nd feb

After they had received the proof of my medicals etc, nothing changed on Ecas till the day after I received my PPR (via email)
Old Jun 20th 2011, 12:03 am
tsc
Forum Regular

tsc is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by caleo
No Ecas just said "started processing on 24th feb" and the letter was dated 22nd feb

After they had received the proof of my medicals etc, nothing changed on Ecas till the day after I received my PPR (via email)
Caleo- congrats that's awesome!
Old Jun 20th 2011, 1:24 am
Forum Regular

VW092906 is on a distinguished road

Hi all. its been a looooong time since I posted. Hubby finally saw a change on ecas today:

We received your application for permanent residence on February 1, 2011.

We started processing your application on April 5, 2011.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

Now I guess we just wait a couple of days to get an email for good news, and or a letter if its bad news? How often do spouses get turned down?

Needless to say it has been an awful few months for us. we have been separated since the beginning of March and this information has been a long time coming. We want to be happy and assume its all good news but to be honest life (and the CIC) has kind of kicked the cr•p out of lately. We sent in the requested additional information a month ago now and were starting to think that my hubby was just going to have to come over here anyways and just not be able to work or anything until we got some news.

Of course I think my husband had his medical done mid August so this is cutting it a bit fine as well!

congrats to everyone who has had good news. I think the usual people that had my timeline are all in Canada by now!

Valentina
Old Jun 20th 2011, 5:07 am
BE Enthusiast

caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-gb; HTC Desire Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

So pleased to hear you are finally at the end! Yours turned out to be even more long wonderful than mine! I am sure it will be okay - sure they would want an interview if they were concerned!
Did your hubby move house? Did they confirm his change of address? Looks like your ppr might be mailed rather than emailed.
So pleased that you will finally be together again - you really could have done with his support these past few months I am sure!
Old Jun 20th 2011, 12:45 pm
Forum Regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-gb; HTC Desire Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

So pleased to hear you are finally at the end! Yours turned out to be even more long wonderful than mine! I am sure it will be okay - sure they would want an interview if they were concerned!
Did your hubby move house? Did they confirm his change of address? Looks like your ppr might be mailed rather than emailed.
So pleased that you will finally be together again - you really could have done with his support these past few months I am sure!
Thanks Caleo, noooo they DID NOT change our address I sent 2 case specific emails and 2 different letters that mentioned our new address. I think its just part of the torture process.

why do you think we would get a letter rather than an email? just curious.

ya the last few months hasnt been great, but he did come over for a one week visit last month, so that helped a tiny bit. I hope this is almost over!

V
Old Jun 20th 2011, 12:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by VW092906
Thanks Caleo, noooo they DID NOT change our address I sent 2 case specific emails and 2 different letters that mentioned our new address. I think its just part of the torture process.

why do you think we would get a letter rather than an email? just curious.

ya the last few months hasnt been great, but he did come over for a one week visit last month, so that helped a tiny bit. I hope this is almost over!

V
I was assuming by mail because they have not let you know yet what the decision was. My ecas only changed the day after I had received the PPR. I would give it a few days and then try and email again - someone on here recently had been waiting ages for their letter and it had been sent out a few months ago but they had not received it.........
Old Jun 20th 2011, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

I would give it a few days and then try and email again - someone on here recently had been waiting ages for their letter and it had been sent out a few months ago but they had not received it.........
oh great lol... you know that WILL happen to me now right?
Old Jun 20th 2011, 1:09 pm
Just Joined

shahbazkhan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by VW092906
Hi all. its been a looooong time since I posted. Hubby finally saw a change on ecas today:

We received your application for permanent residence on February 1, 2011.

We started processing your application on April 5, 2011.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

Now I guess we just wait a couple of days to get an email for good news, and or a letter if its bad news? How often do spouses get turned down?

Needless to say it has been an awful few months for us. we have been separated since the beginning of March and this information has been a long time coming. We want to be happy and assume its all good news but to be honest life (and the CIC) has kind of kicked the cr•p out of lately. We sent in the requested additional information a month ago now and were starting to think that my hubby was just going to have to come over here anyways and just not be able to work or anything until we got some news.

Of course I think my husband had his medical done mid August so this is cutting it a bit fine as well!

congrats to everyone who has had good news. I think the usual people that had my timeline are all in Canada by now!

Valentina

Hi guys chc is trying my patience... we have a similar timeline

Applied nov 16 2010

Application received chc london dec 22 2010

We started processing 1st march 2011

medicals received

asked for add info on 30th march n thats it...

no change in ecas, no email...my wife n kid in canada its more more than 6 months now i dunno whats taking them so long...

any suggestions what should it do? m tired of this waiting period...
Old Jun 20th 2011, 1:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by shahbazkhan

Applied nov 16 2010

medicals received

no change in ecas, no email...my wife n kid in canada its more more than 6 months now i dunno whats taking them so long...

Not much you can do. Applications can take up to 9 months in London - so as frustrating as iit is (I know, I have through the same) you just have to wait. You could always do a case specific email to check that they received your additional information - however not many get a reply.
Old Jun 20th 2011, 1:53 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by shahbazkhan

Applied nov 16 2010

medicals received

wow, Im sorry for your wait as well! I thought the CIC was just using us as an evil experiment

Hopefully you will hear something soon. was there a lot of additional info requested? they had 2 items of interest we needed to get to them.

Im not sure there is a lot you can really do.. but get more impatient and even angry. TBH thats why I had to stop coming on here every day! I was happy for everyone smoothly going through, but at the same time really getting depressed. once the 9 months is up I think the CIC are supposed to reply to a case specific email.. but thats another couple of months away... so more waiting.

we were looking into dual intent entry, is that an option for you? it would mean just going ahead to Canada before any decision is made as a visitor and finishing up the process from over there. there is a really good thread on it here: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?p=7819469

We sent a couple of case specific emails and a letter or two. never had any reply except once that was just a link to waiting times.

Have you or your wife been able to visit one another at all? my hubby came out once, but its a costly option and when your trying to save up for a new life not always easy.

good luck to you. I really hope you hear something soon. please let me know how you get on. you and my husband are pretty much in the same situation right now... me and the baby have come ahead to canada and we have been apart since March.

all the best,

Valentina
Old Jun 20th 2011, 4:02 pm
New Scotland Girl

alexisatk is just really nicealexisatk is just really nicealexisatk is just really nicealexisatk is just really nicealexisatk is just really nicealexisatk is just really nicealexisatk is just really nicealexisatk is just really nice

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to let you know that my OH landed in Halifax yesterday after a vacation in Scotland and today before going to work we got him a new SIN Card.

Very excited that this process is all over!! (Untill Citizenship time of course!)
Old Jun 20th 2011, 7:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by alexisatk
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to let you know that my OH landed in Halifax yesterday after a vacation in Scotland and today before going to work we got him a new SIN Card.

Very excited that this process is all over!! (Untill Citizenship time of course!)

Excellent news!! congrats on the landing, and all the best for the future!!
Old Jun 21st 2011, 8:17 am
Blonde, but not really.

Joolschweetie is a jewel in the roughJoolschweetie is a jewel in the roughJoolschweetie is a jewel in the roughJoolschweetie is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by alexisatk
Hi Everyone,

That's great news! Congrats - I hope we'll be joining the landing club soon!

Just received my passport & my confirmation of permanent residence today and much to my dismay there is an error on the confirmation of PR (it says we're married when we wrote numerous pages of our life story as COMMON LAW partners)...having a bit of a panic because we're hoping to emigrate in the summer and if it takes another 5 weeks to send and receive it again we're cutting it fine!

Anyone any ideas on what to do? I can only find a Canadian callcentre no. is this the one I need to go through? So frustrating when you know all your details were correct, but I suppose the people at CIC are only human (although sometimes I forget that!)

If anyone else has had a similar experience please let me know (sorry for rambling panic-ridden text!)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.