Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Dec 19th 2018, 1:35 pm
Just Joined

ibeauchamp is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

I landed last night! 😀🍁🇨🇦

Process was remarkably smooth, CoPR stamped, then a set of new immigrant pamphlets, then got issued my SIN and finally Customs and goods to follow (of which they only needed one sheet of the 9 I'd made up for them and they didn't need any information on the goods I was bringing in on the day, but I'd rather have been over-prepared than the opposite).

It'll be a short landing so will have to apply for a PR Travel Permit when I get back to London, as my PR card won't have come through by then.

Thank you all so much for all of the support and information on this thread and on the wiki more broadly. It's that which made the process easier (although the waiting for MyCIC to change was still brutal!), I'll be raising a glass to you all! 🍺🍻

Now to get a job, flat (sorry, apartment) etc!
Old Dec 19th 2018, 2:52 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ibeauchamp
I landed last night! � ����� ����� ����� ����

Process was remarkably smooth, CoPR stamped, then a set of new immigrant pamphlets, then got issued my SIN and finally Customs and goods to follow (of which they only needed one sheet of the 9 I'd made up for them and they didn't need any information on the goods I was bringing in on the day, but I'd rather have been over-prepared than the opposite).

It'll be a short landing so will have to apply for a PR Travel Permit when I get back to London, as my PR card won't have come through by then.

Thank you all so much for all of the support and information on this thread and on the wiki more broadly. It's that which made the process easier (although the waiting for MyCIC to change was still brutal!), I'll be raising a glass to you all! � ����� ����

Now to get a job, flat (sorry, apartment) etc!

Congratulations - and Welcome to Canada eh!
Do stick around!
Attached Thumbnails Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London-welcome_to_canada.jpg  
Old Dec 20th 2018, 10:30 pm
Just Joined

KKaplanis is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello.

It has been awhile since I have updated you, but finally heard back from CIC in regards to our application.

We got a a Pre Arrival Services Letter and they have started our background check today.

Hopefully this means the end is near.
Old Dec 21st 2018, 12:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KKaplanis
Hello.

It has been awhile since I have updated you, but finally heard back from CIC in regards to our application.

We got a a Pre Arrival Services Letter and they have started our background check today.

Yes, you are on the last lap! Spreadsheet updated
Old Jan 3rd 2019, 7:59 am
Forum Regular

FARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond repute

Happy New year all!!!!!!!!

going into Jan 3rd and haven't heard anything ....BAHhHHH!!!!!! I am going crazy!

Last edited by FARAH1305; Jan 3rd 2019 at 8:09 am.
Old Jan 3rd 2019, 8:53 am
Forum Regular

LizLon is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by KKaplanis
Hello.

OOOHHHH!!! you're days ahead of us in the queue! How exciting. I know I shouldn't get excited because these things are never straightforward, but it gives me hope that things are moving in London!!!! thank you for posting an update!
Old Jan 3rd 2019, 2:01 pm
Just Joined

Samba99 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey folks, happy new year to all!

Quick question - how can I tell my processing office? All the correspondence I've received to date is from the Syndey office.
Did my biometrics during the holidays so I'm presuming the next stage is medical then background check?

Thanks!
Old Jan 3rd 2019, 2:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Samba99
Hey folks, happy new year to all!

Quick question - how can I tell my processing office? All the correspondence I've received to date is from the Syndey office.
Did my biometrics during the holidays so I'm presuming the next stage is medical then background check?

Thanks!
Have you spotted the wiki section of British Expats yet? Most of your questions you are likely to have are answered here, including the stages of processing for spousal sponsorship:

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spousa...all_process.3F

Your case file will be retained in Sydney until 'Sponsor Approval' (yes they will tell you when this is done), then transfer your files to the local VO for PA assessment and approval. They will tell you the VO they transfer it to. Given that you were SA on 17-Dec, you should hear soon, but almost certain as you are British, it will go to London.

Last edited by Hurlabrick; Jan 3rd 2019 at 2:24 pm.
Old Jan 3rd 2019, 2:24 pm
Just Joined

Samba99 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hurlabrick
Have you spotted the wiki section of British Expats yet? Most of your questions you are likely to have are answered here, including the stages of processing for spousal sponsorship:

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spousa...all_process.3F

Your case file will be retained in Sydney until 'Sponsor Approval' (yes they will tell you when this is done), then transfer your files to the local VO for PA assessment and approval. They will tell you the VO they transfer it to.
Cheers - I've already got sponsor approval but I'll take a look again
Old Jan 4th 2019, 6:57 pm
Forum Regular

glb19 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ahh the stress. Finally sent application off on Dec 13th after taking 3 months to get it all together. Used DHL. Went back to Canada for Christmas the day after sending it and never thought to check the tracking til now. Final update is on Dec 17th and all it says is “delivery arranged, no further details expected,” meaning it would’ve been handed off to another company and now I have no way of getting proof if it made it there or not

Am I right in thinking that you don’t even hear anything from them until about 2 months after they receive the application? This is going to feel like an extra long wait now without any proof of delivery
Old Jan 4th 2019, 8:32 pm
Just Joined

mclaud is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello, you can get a proof of delivery if you contact DHL. I had exactly the same situation. I contacted them and they explained that my package was forwarded with others under a different airway bill number (not a different company). They gave me the new tracking number so I have confirmation of the date it was signed for, which was 5th October, but we haven't heard anything yet, so yes, a long wait; its now been 3 months for us.
Old Jan 5th 2019, 3:44 pm
Forum Regular

glb19 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mclaud
Hello, you can get a proof of delivery if you contact DHL. I had exactly the same situation. I contacted them and they explained that my package was forwarded with others under a different airway bill number (not a different company). They gave me the new tracking number so I have confirmation of the date it was signed for, which was 5th October, but we haven't heard anything yet, so yes, a long wait; its now been 3 months for us.
Good to know! I’ll be sure to contact them, thank you.

Hope you hear about your application soon!
Old Jan 8th 2019, 7:37 pm
Forum Regular

FARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all

It's been radio silence since asking for biometrics payment in October. Is this normal?

My application is really straightforward. I'm going nuts waiting to hear something back!
Old Jan 8th 2019, 8:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by FARAH1305
Hi all

It's been radio silence since asking for biometrics payment in October. Is this normal?

My application is really straightforward. I'm going nuts waiting to hear something back!
Perfectly normal I am afraid. Based on previous timelines, you can expect to hear something (probably medical request and sponsor approval) around early to mid February. It is a waiting game I am afraid and straightforward cases can still take 9 - 12 months for issue of CoPR so get settled in.
Old Jan 8th 2019, 8:48 pm
Forum Regular

Netraam has a reputation beyond reputeNetraam has a reputation beyond reputeNetraam has a reputation beyond reputeNetraam has a reputation beyond reputeNetraam has a reputation beyond reputeNetraam has a reputation beyond reputeNetraam has a reputation beyond reputeNetraam has a reputation beyond reputeNetraam has a reputation beyond reputeNetraam has a reputation beyond reputeNetraam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FARAH1305
Hi all

Yes, it seems like they make random jumps. I submitted application early August, only received my biometric request early December and a day later the Medical one too. Right now it's just a long wait I guess...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.