Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Mar 15th 2012, 11:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

123me is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by shudda
I'm trying really hard not to worry about the fact that our status still hasn't changed from Application Received...
I would think Shudda you should hear something next week, as you are only one week behind me.
Old Mar 15th 2012, 11:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by shudda
I'm trying really hard not to worry about the fact that our status still hasn't changed from Application Received...
Also, our status went from In Process to Decision Made in a matter of days. The only thing that you don't have and I think are thinking about is the lack of "Medicals Received."
Old Mar 15th 2012, 11:46 pm
Just Joined

luckyinlove is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ALWAYS ABLE
hello everyone greetings to u all good people,
i have a question if anybody could help me i will be grateful, may applications was in LONDON office on the January 9 and everybody seems to be hearing something,
as up till now no update i haven't been contacted nothing, am getting worried, is't normal or there could be a problem? does anybody knows anything os what is happening or i can do.

thank u all soo much
Good evening,

I was wanting to inquire where your from and passport do you hold?
Thank
Old Mar 16th 2012, 12:07 am
Just Joined

ALWAYS ABLE is an unknown quantity at this point

am from France, wife is Canadian
Old Mar 16th 2012, 12:34 am
Just Joined

ALWAYS ABLE is an unknown quantity at this point

my first messsage was false alarm its frm cic so i deleted it
Old Mar 16th 2012, 10:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

I am doing a search on Canadian Affair and it looks to me like a return fare is that same cost as one way. Is that correct?
Old Mar 17th 2012, 11:11 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 123me
I am doing a search on Canadian Affair and it looks to me like a return fare is that same cost as one way. Is that correct?
I wouldn't have thought so; I remember when I moved from Canada to the UK, I booked on Air Transat because they actually offered decent one-way ticket prices... I know if you book on BA or Air Canada the one-way fare is the same, if not more, than the return fare... Try booking directly on Air Transat's website and see if that gives you any better option. (Canadian Affair just acts as an operator for Air Transat and Thomas Cook.)
Old Mar 18th 2012, 12:17 am
Forum Regular

Ivesy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
I wouldn't have thought so; I remember when I moved from Canada to the UK, I booked on Air Transat because they actually offered decent one-way ticket prices... I know if you book on BA or Air Canada the one-way fare is the same, if not more, than the return fare... Try booking directly on Air Transat's website and see if that gives you any better option. (Canadian Affair just acts as an operator for Air Transat and Thomas Cook.)
Hi there
drove down to the US border Montana to our landing today, on arriving we just said we that we didn't want to enter America just wanted to be sent straight back to Canada for immigration purposes, Americans were really nice and said that this would not effect future visits to America as we had not been refused entry, we were sent to a office and given the relevant paper work, then just drove back the canadian border again we were sent to a office , then did the paper work was done all in all it was pleasant experience,
and now finally we are PERMANENT RESIDENTS!!! it has taken 8 months, Good luck to all of you out there waiting
Old Mar 18th 2012, 1:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ivesy
Hi there
drove down to the US border Montana to our landing today, on arriving we just said we that we didn't want to enter America just wanted to be sent straight back to Canada for immigration purposes, Americans were really nice and said that this would not effect future visits to America as we had not been refused entry, we were sent to a office and given the relevant paper work, then just drove back the canadian border again we were sent to a office , then did the paper work was done all in all it was pleasant experience,
and now finally we are PERMANENT RESIDENTS!!! it has taken 8 months, Good luck to all of you out there waiting
Nice to hear that it all went well.
Old Mar 18th 2012, 1:43 am
BE Enthusiast

My husband booked his flight for May 7th. A bit of a wait yet, but doable for sure!
Old Mar 18th 2012, 2:57 am
Forum Regular

Canuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Canadian Affair is owned by Air Transat. Their websites match with regards to AT flights. Canadian Affair owned the rights to the Thomas Cook flights they sold but the contract has ended and no longer offer Thomas Cook as an airline.
Old Mar 18th 2012, 3:37 am
Forum Regular

CanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of light
Smile re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Hi everyone,

I just sent in our application and now the waiting game begins
It seems like I had been working on this thing for so long, filling out all the paperwork, digging for information, looking through tons of photos, emails, skyping records, building the evidence, that when I dropped off the package at the post office, I nearly had a hard time letting go of it all
So now we just wait for our sponsor approval before we apply to Quebec for a selection certificate. I just hope we don't have any glitch and that we have an easy file to approve
By the way, I am the sponsor (Canadian citizen in Canada), my hubby is British and still in the UK, even though he has just stroke a deal with his employer to telework for a month, and go back to the UK for 3 weeks until the summer, where he'll most likely make a dual-intent entry in Canada to wait for his PR to be approved.
Sorry this is long, but I am very excited to start the waiting game
Thanks to all the people here, I have not posted frequently, but that is only because I have found all the info I needed by searching this forum
Old Mar 18th 2012, 10:35 am
Forum Regular

teacher1000 is just really niceteacher1000 is just really niceteacher1000 is just really niceteacher1000 is just really niceteacher1000 is just really niceteacher1000 is just really niceteacher1000 is just really niceteacher1000 is just really niceteacher1000 is just really niceteacher1000 is just really niceteacher1000 is just really nice

Hello,

Still not heard anything. It's been 54 days.
hopefully tomorrow is the day!
Old Mar 18th 2012, 12:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CanAngel
Hi everyone,

I just sent in our application and now the waiting game begins
It seems like I had been working on this thing for so long, filling out all the paperwork, digging for information, looking through tons of photos, emails, skyping records, building the evidence, that when I dropped off the package at the post office, I nearly had a hard time letting go of it all
So now we just wait for our sponsor approval before we apply to Quebec for a selection certificate. I just hope we don't have any glitch and that we have an easy file to approve
By the way, I am the sponsor (Canadian citizen in Canada), my hubby is British and still in the UK, even though he has just stroke a deal with his employer to telework for a month, and go back to the UK for 3 weeks until the summer, where he'll most likely make a dual-intent entry in Canada to wait for his PR to be approved.
Sorry this is long, but I am very excited to start the waiting game
Thanks to all the people here, I have not posted frequently, but that is only because I have found all the info I needed by searching this forum
Welcome CanAngle...just remembering when you are waiting there is nothing you can do so try not to get discouraged if you feel it is taking too long. I am saying that from experience!
Old Mar 18th 2012, 3:22 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Canuck2b
Canadian Affair is owned by Air Transat. Their websites match with regards to AT flights. Canadian Affair owned the rights to the Thomas Cook flights they sold but the contract has ended and no longer offer Thomas Cook as an airline.
Ah I hadn't realised it had changed - good to know. Either way, one should be able to purchase one-way flights through Air Transat / Canadian Affair. Thanks for the info in any case, will be useful next year when we make our move!!

Have been obsessively checking email, including spam folders... today is day 53 of our application being at CPC-M, and their website says they're working on applications received January 25th... so really, really hoping to hear something soon! Fiance's birthday is on Thursday, perhaps CPC-M will see that and decide to give us some good news as a birthday gift?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.