British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/timeline-fsw-application-cio-sydney-ns-621358/)

Binty Mar 7th 2010 4:35 pm

Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Hi,

Meds booked for this coming Friday :unsure: have requested a letter from my doctor re: my depression last year, just to be safe.

:fingerscrossed: all goes well. Sending RPRF tomorrow as requested too.

Binty

Martin99 Mar 7th 2010 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by Binty (Post 8401653)
Hi,

Meds booked for this coming Friday :unsure: have requested a letter from my doctor re: my depression last year, just to be safe.

:fingerscrossed: all goes well. Sending RPRF tomorrow as requested too.

Binty

Good luck. Hopefully, you will be sending in the passports by mid-April.

Cheers

Martin

Binty Mar 7th 2010 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by Martin99 (Post 8401865)
Good luck. Hopefully, you will be sending in the passports by mid-April.

Cheers

Martin

Ooooh! wouldn't that be nice :)

Binty

Glam Mar 8th 2010 8:22 am

Originally Posted by Binty (Post 8402036)
Ooooh! wouldn't that be nice :)

Binty

Just checked ecas, still saying: 'Received by visa office' and has been for nearly 6 weeks. Am i getting paranoid or are others in the same timeline as me?

We're off on a reccie in 2 weeks and would have loved to have had meds request, but no looking likely.

Yours impatiently,

Gav.

loety Mar 8th 2010 9:10 am

Hi Gav,

We have the same timeline as you and still waiting for our ECAS to change from "received by visa office" to "in process".
Good luck.
Loetitia

Glam Mar 8th 2010 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by loety (Post 8403544)
Hi Gav,

We have the same timeline as you and still waiting for our ECAS to change from "received by visa office" to "in process".
Good luck.
Loetitia

At least i'm not alone then !!

Bali2010 Mar 8th 2010 3:31 pm

So on to the docs stage for me at last...police check application sent off today.

Will be making a list & checking it lots this week to see if anything else is missing from my files - then I have to approach work for references - very carefully, - am not expecting a great response there:frown:

I'm gonna stick to what is in the email only, i.e it refers only to the London guide - payslips would be a nightmare to get & thankfully weren't in the guide last time I looked.

stokesey Mar 8th 2010 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by Glam (Post 8403447)
Just checked ecas, still saying: 'Received by visa office' and has been for nearly 6 weeks. Am i getting paranoid or are others in the same timeline as me?

We're off on a reccie in 2 weeks and would have loved to have had meds request, but no looking likely.

Yours impatiently,

Gav.

Gav - think you might be expecting a bit much too soon, I'm in the same boat and won't start to worry for another couple of months yet.

I think you have 2 chances of getting med requests in the next couple of weeks......

By the look of other timelines you could wait anywhere between a couple of weeks to a few months for the status to change. That said think of the people that used to wait 4 years or more, your one of the lucky ones!

Maybe we should start a January AOR thread to track our progress?

Good luck.

Binty Mar 8th 2010 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by Glam (Post 8403447)

Yours impatiently,

Gav.

Hi Gav,

My brother is on the same timeline as me, same route etc .... AOR a few days after mine. His ecas is still saying 'Received by Visa Office' too and his thoughts mirror yours.

I really hope it changes for you before your reccie :fingerscrossed: it would just make it that much more enjoyable.

Binty

GERA Mar 8th 2010 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by Bali2010 (Post 8404294)
So on to the docs stage for me at last...police check application sent off today.

Will be making a list & checking it lots this week to see if anything else is missing from my files - then I have to approach work for references - very carefully, - am not expecting a great response there:frown:

I'm gonna stick to what is in the email only, i.e it refers only to the London guide - payslips would be a nightmare to get & thankfully weren't in the guide last time I looked.

I know how it feels to go and ask for references from your current employer !! But all the best....once docs are submitted you only feel a sense of relief on the first day ....but then you start stressing again waiting for the AOR !!!

Binty Mar 8th 2010 4:57 pm

[/QUOTE]....once docs are submitted you only feel a sense of relief on the first day ....but then you start stressing again waiting for the AOR !!![/QUOTE]

Your comment made me smile:) it is so spot on :eek:

Binty

Bali2010 Mar 8th 2010 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by GERA (Post 8404498)
I know how it feels to go and ask for references from your current employer !!

Thanks

But all the best....once docs are submitted you only feel a sense of relief on the first day ....but then you start stressing again waiting for the AOR !!!

back on the roller coaster then..
:lol::p

shishinfo Mar 9th 2010 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by Glam (Post 8404056)
At least i'm not alone then !!

Hi Glam,

Your timeline is exactly the same as mine. Also, the ECAS says 'Received by Visa Office'.

I am thinking of going to my bank tomorrow morning to inquire about when the visa office in London encashed my draft!

I think the visa office processes applications in some categories where (and I guess) categories are based on their demand for skilled people (based on NNOC). Good luck to us!:fingerscrossed:

Gaz67 Mar 9th 2010 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by Martin99 (Post 8398850)
That does sound encouraging news, Gaz!

Cheers

Martin

Received Mums Birth Cert today, got home from work scanned it and emailed it off, sent them the Hard Copy by mail also...

They havent requested anything else ...

Hopefully we hear something this week.... we got just over 8 weeks till we fly over...

From receiving med requests , taking meds (assuming no complications) to picking up Passports from London i estimate around 6 weeks... so cutting it fine...

:thumbsup:
Gaz

LinsyPinsy Mar 9th 2010 10:56 pm

Originally Posted by Gaz67 (Post 8408045)
Received Mums Birth Cert today, got home from work scanned it and emailed it off, sent them the Hard Copy by mail also...

They havent requested anything else ...

Hopefully we hear something this week.... we got just over 8 weeks till we fly over...

From receiving med requests , taking meds (assuming no complications) to picking up Passports from London i estimate around 6 weeks... so cutting it fine...

:thumbsup:
Gaz

Gaz

:fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:

lins