British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/timeline-fsw-application-cio-sydney-ns-621358/)

Martin99 Mar 12th 2010 9:44 am

Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Originally Posted by Can2010 (Post 8413419)
Hi all,

I sent my FSW1 application to CIO on 14/01/10 and received my 120 day email on March 8. Good luck guys.:fingerscrossed:

PS. Thanks Martin for this thread!:wub:

Great news! Welcome to the thread. We look forward to following/helping your progress.

Cheers

Martin

LaurenandLuke Mar 12th 2010 9:59 am

Hi everyone :)

As you can see by my sig, we sent of our app on the 6th of March. It still hasnt been recieved in NS yet, although I keep checking the Royal Mail Track & Trace! Sure it will be any day now.

Fingers crossed it gets there and its all ok. Im nervous and keep thinking they will reject us for one reason or another.

Positive thinking and all that :fingerscrossed:

Good luck everyone!

Martin99 Mar 12th 2010 10:50 am

Originally Posted by LaurenandLuke (Post 8414963)
Hi everyone :)

As you can see by my sig, we sent of our app on the 6th of March. It still hasnt been recieved in NS yet, although I keep checking the Royal Mail Track & Trace! Sure it will be any day now.

Fingers crossed it gets there and its all ok. Im nervous and keep thinking they will reject us for one reason or another.

Positive thinking and all that :fingerscrossed:

Good luck everyone!

Mine took seven days to reach the CIO via Royal Mail/Parcelforce so I would not worry. Have you tried putting your tracking number into the Canada Post system on their website as you can use this to track the progress in Canada?

Good luck!

Martin

LaurenandLuke Mar 12th 2010 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by Martin99 (Post 8415038)
Mine took seven days to reach the CIO via Royal Mail/Parcelforce so I would not worry. Have you tried putting your tracking number into the Canada Post system on their website as you can use this to track the progress in Canada?

Good luck!

Martin

Oooh no I didnt know I could! Thanks Martin, off to do it now! :thumbup:

ETA; Its in Montreal. Nearly there!

Martin99 Mar 12th 2010 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by LaurenandLuke (Post 8415133)
Oooh no I didnt know I could! Thanks Martin, off to do it now! :thumbup:

ETA; Its in Montreal. Nearly there!

It looks as though it will arrive today or Monday.

Cheers

Martin

Binty Mar 12th 2010 7:41 pm

Hi All

We had our medicals today.... all six of us :eek:
Doctor was absolutely great, very friendly and reassuring ;) He had a busy afternoon schedule to get through after seeing us so, somewhat resembleing a conveyor belt we were done and dusted with him in 40-mins.:thumbup:

Then off to the hospital for the x-rays. The waiting room was empty, so no long wait here either. Paper work took longer than the x-rays themselves and again; 40-mins in and out.:thumbup:

Bottom line: Doc doen't foresee any problems and radiologist says the x-rays looked fine too.

:fingerscrossed: CHC thinks the same.

Binty

Martin99 Mar 13th 2010 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by Binty (Post 8416194)
Hi All

We had our medicals today.... all six of us :eek:
Doctor was absolutely great, very friendly and reassuring ;) He had a busy afternoon schedule to get through after seeing us so, somewhat resembleing a conveyor belt we were done and dusted with him in 40-mins.:thumbup:

Then off to the hospital for the x-rays. The waiting room was empty, so no long wait here either. Paper work took longer than the x-rays themselves and again; 40-mins in and out.:thumbup:

Bottom line: Doc doen't foresee any problems and radiologist says the x-rays looked fine too.

Binty

Not long until you receive the passport requests!!!

Binty Mar 13th 2010 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by Martin99 (Post 8417517)
Not long until you receive the passport requests!!!

:fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:

Binty:)

Gaz67 Mar 14th 2010 8:59 am

Gratz Binty :0) :thumbsup:

Gaz67 Mar 14th 2010 9:03 am

Originally Posted by Flyingscottie (Post 8413237)
:thumbsup:

Check out my timeline :lol:

nice one :0) :thumbsup:

BumbleBeeUK Mar 14th 2010 9:49 am

Hi all - thought i should join this thread as am in the queue as well.

Think i am on a similar timeline to Binty... but we had a hold up as the CHC asked for more information regarding hours worked in which positions. (held numerous positions at one time!) so i guess they are trying to work out if i have the number of years experience i claimed.

Does anyone else go from 'i want to move right now' to 'am i sure i want to go'. Silly to waste energy on this right now i know - don't really know if we will even get in! I am blaming the negative canniversary stories! Anyone recommend some positive threads to read?

good luck all! and thanks martin for starting this thread!

BB

StopTheClocks Mar 14th 2010 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by stokesey (Post 8404381)

By the look of other timelines you could wait anywhere between a couple of weeks to a few months for the status to change. That said think of the people that used to wait 4 years or more, your one of the lucky ones!

Maybe we should start a January AOR thread to track our progress?

Good luck.

im in the same kind of timeline and you and gav

still waiting and hoping...

shouldnt be too long now i hope...

:thumbup:

LinsyPinsy Mar 14th 2010 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by BumbleBeeUK (Post 8418593)
Hi all - thought i should join this thread as am in the queue as well.

Think i am on a similar timeline to Binty... but we had a hold up as the CHC asked for more information regarding hours worked in which positions. (held numerous positions at one time!) so i guess they are trying to work out if i have the number of years experience i claimed.

Does anyone else go from 'i want to move right now' to 'am i sure i want to go'. Silly to waste energy on this right now i know - don't really know if we will even get in! I am blaming the negative canniversary stories! Anyone recommend some positive threads to read?

good luck all! and thanks martin for starting this thread!

BB

The other forums can be negative...I've found very little 'negativity' on the 'immigration' forum cos the people on the 'immigration' thread are still awaiting PR (unless they are helping the rest of us!)
I learned to stay away from Canniverary/Maple leaf etc cos it really got me down. They are good for a dose of reality however. There are alot of people who for them the move was a mistake but I would still rather find out for myself. I found I just got wound up on the other forum and started getting all defensive about wanting to go and try a new life. Not worth it in my opinion.
This thread is the best, no need to go else where!

lins

Glam Mar 14th 2010 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by StopTheClocks (Post 8419347)
im in the same kind of timeline and you and gav

still waiting and hoping...

shouldnt be too long now i hope...

:thumbup:

ME TOOO!!!!........I'm away to Calgary on a Reccie / snowboarding trip on the 24th March, would just love it to move forward slightly by then!!!:fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed: The longer this goes on the less hopefull i am!!. I don't know how these people who've been waiting for years feel. They must have a will of steel!!!

Please change soon for u s all!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Gav.

StopTheClocks Mar 14th 2010 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by Glam (Post 8419389)
I don't know how these people who've been waiting for years feel. They must have a will of steel!!!

Please change soon for u s all!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Gav.

my friend waited 3 years!! slipped back into normal life during the wait but when it came thru, he knew it was right and the move for him

he moved there 2 years ago, met a girl and is getting married in july, has a sweet place in van, bought a new home and is loving life as a canuck!!

:D