Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Old Jan 15th 2012, 4:17 pm
Forum Regular

99problems will become famous soon enough99problems will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Yep our NOC is not on latest list either......bummer. Once they've given you the green light for first stage and taken your money they shoudl have to process it within a year!

I'm not applying again its too painful and given I have a full university and school education in UK and am monolingual I will not subject myself to a language test which is insulting.

I am very very interested to hear from/of anyone whose NOC is no longer on the list that has had medical requests. If this goes on much longer I may just submit a PR app for OZ and hedge my bets.
Old Jan 15th 2012, 5:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

kat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by jobop
Hey Kat-b

Like you I am looking into applying again, my original NOC code 0213 is not on the list anymore but after having investigated I also have enough experience under 1122 on the new list. Will leave the original app running just in case my new app doesn't reach the lucky pile before things get capped...

I had a look online and the new app seems much easier than the app we first had to submit - before I had to submit all of my partners work experience, this time round it just asks for the principal applicants, also it says send copies of items, no mention of getting things notarized. The only new thing really is taking the language test and collecting new references...
Roll on July 1st and see what happens

(but I still live in hope of my original app, and hope things get moving for all those not on the new NOC list between now and then).
Hi jobop

Yeah it really does seem like a sensible option. I just feel like they might put pre June 2010 applications for categories either not on the list or for which the cap has been reached to the bottom of the pile and just fish out applications for occupations where the cap hasn't been reached (like crane operators -7 applicants!). I guess it makes sense but it just really sucks for us!!! I'm also a bit worried they will find any reason to weed out applicants for oversubscribed categories. Maybe just being paranoid though!! Hopefully our jobs will still be on July 1 list! Have you considered arranging work in Canada and applying that way or do you think its too difficult that way?
Old Jan 15th 2012, 5:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

kat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by 99problems
Yep our NOC is not on latest list either......bummer. Once they've given you the green light for first stage and taken your money they shoudl have to process it within a year!

I'm not applying again its too painful and given I have a full university and school education in UK and am monolingual I will not subject myself to a language test which is insulting.

I am very very interested to hear from/of anyone whose NOC is no longer on the list that has had medical requests. If this goes on much longer I may just submit a PR app for OZ and hedge my bets.
I knooooow its just so frustrating! At least you are in process or do you not think that means anything now? Also what do you mean by not 'real in process' jobop?
Old Jan 15th 2012, 5:26 pm
Snow boots are ready....

nrh1981 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jerseytocanada
Had our medicals yesterday and was wondering the same.

Any one?

Hey,
I just recieved an email on my original thread which comments that the cheque should be sent to London.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=744775

"Payment by bank draft, bank cheque or postal order

A bank draft / bank cheque is a cheque issued by a bank payable to a person, in this case the Receiver General for Canada. The name of the Canadian bank that will pay the Receiver General for Canada will be written on the cheque.

The bank draft, bank cheque or postal order should be made payable to the: Receiver General for Canada

Write your name and address on the back of the bank draft.

"High Commission of Canada
Immigration Division
MacDonald House
38 Grosveror Street
London W1K 4AA
United Kingdom

Some other historic threads that all seem to confirm the same thing.

Guess im off to my bank tommorrow lunchtime to arrange the bankers draft..

One....last.....stage.....

Hope this helps, keep in touch and let us know how it all goes.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ncy+fee+canada

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ncy+fee+canada
Old Jan 15th 2012, 5:49 pm
PR living in Vancouver

jobop will become famous soon enoughjobop will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by kat-b
Hi jobop

Yeah it really does seem like a sensible option. I just feel like they might put pre June 2010 applications for categories either not on the list or for which the cap has been reached to the bottom of the pile and just fish out applications for occupations where the cap hasn't been reached (like crane operators -7 applicants!). I guess it makes sense but it just really sucks for us!!! I'm also a bit worried they will find any reason to weed out applicants for oversubscribed categories. Maybe just being paranoid though!! Hopefully our jobs will still be on July 1 list! Have you considered arranging work in Canada and applying that way or do you think its too difficult that way?
Yep your right the whole process seems to sucks right now, will be keeping a close eye on things before July 1st and hope that we see some positive movement????

I have thought about trying to arrange work but it seems so much easier once you are there and have that all important PR, will try the re-applying option first and then if that fails look at trying the job/TWP route and take it from there.

With regards to my timeline and saying that I am not in real process, its because when I click on the In Process link it still says my file is pending review - I think real process is when it says that someone started looking at your file on xxx date.

Good luck to you too with re-applying or perhaps a job offer???

Its such a horrible waiting game but I won't give up!!!
Old Jan 15th 2012, 8:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jobop
Yep your right the whole process seems to sucks right now, will be keeping a close eye on things before July 1st and hope that we see some positive movement????

I have thought about trying to arrange work but it seems so much easier once you are there and have that all important PR, will try the re-applying option first and then if that fails look at trying the job/TWP route and take it from there.

With regards to my timeline and saying that I am not in real process, its because when I click on the In Process link it still says my file is pending review - I think real process is when it says that someone started looking at your file on xxx date.

Good luck to you too with re-applying or perhaps a job offer???

Its such a horrible waiting game but I won't give up!!!
I know I feel the same!! I am moving there whatever! ;-)

Just one last question. Did you just enter your immigration file number from the AOR letter onto the online system to find out your status. I get nothing when I do this. It just says it can't find my details.
Old Jan 15th 2012, 8:33 pm
PR living in Vancouver

jobop will become famous soon enoughjobop will become famous soon enough

Just one last question. Did you just enter your immigration file number from the AOR letter onto the online system to find out your status. I get nothing when I do this. It just says it can't find my details.
Yes, I chose the option immigration file numer- then put in the new file number from the AOR, then surname and DOB and chose England as the country and it just pops up, strange yours does not work?? What about your old number from the 120 day email, does that work instead??
Old Jan 15th 2012, 9:21 pm
Snow boots are ready....

nrh1981 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Kat,
I had this very problem a few weeks ago and solved it by putting in your place of birth as Scotland and not United Kingdon and Colonies. Also use the UCI Unique Client Identifier No that comes with your letter from the CIC. It should come up. It took me almost 9 months of blank searching before somebody told me that it wasnt the UK but Scotland.
Old Jan 16th 2012, 9:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nrh1981
Hey Kat,
I had this very problem a few weeks ago and solved it by putting in your place of birth as Scotland and not United Kingdon and Colonies. Also use the UCI Unique Client Identifier No that comes with your letter from the CIC. It should come up. It took me almost 9 months of blank searching before somebody told me that it wasnt the UK but Scotland.
Hi

Thanks everyone! :-) im at work right now but I'll try all those things when I get home tonight. I have been entering uk so maybe that's the problem. I would feel better if I was at least on the system! ;-)
Old Jan 16th 2012, 12:49 pm
Forum Regular

scotty1974 has a spectacular aura aboutscotty1974 has a spectacular aura aboutscotty1974 has a spectacular aura about

I am very very interested to hear from/of anyone whose NOC is no longer on the list that has had medical requests
it shouldn't make a difference if your job was taken off the NOC after the rules changed 99problems as your job was on it when you applied and that was the rules at the time

surely they wouldn't trawl through all the outstanding applications and divide them between 'still on the list' & 'taken off the list'
Old Jan 16th 2012, 1:11 pm
Permanent Residents

Mac2 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by scotty1974
it shouldn't make a difference if your job was taken off the NOC after the rules changed 99problems as your job was on it when you applied and that was the rules at the time

surely they wouldn't trawl through all the outstanding applications and divide them between 'still on the list' & 'taken off the list'
CIC are also supposed to process applications in the order they are received. As you can see we are a May 2010 AOR and CIC have recently issued medicals to July and August AOR's in the same stream as us. So it appears they are doing something like cherry picking people with NOC's still on the list or they are just breaking their own rules. Either way its pretty frustrating to see people well after you on application date moving ahead. As far as I am aware all May 2010 FSW1's are still waiting, so why have we been skipped over?
Old Jan 16th 2012, 1:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yeah they are definitely not being processed in order. To be honest I don't know why they wouldn't cherry pick! Although it's a nightmare for us and unfair as we applied under the rules at the time, it probably does make sense for them to fill up the jobs they are lacking first. I am just guessing though and could be wrong! I'd also be interested to hear from pre June 10 applicants getting med requests in categories no longer on list or ones which hve reached cap.

Last edited by kat-b; Jan 16th 2012 at 3:42 pm.
Old Jan 16th 2012, 2:11 pm
Forum Regular

scotty1974 has a spectacular aura aboutscotty1974 has a spectacular aura aboutscotty1974 has a spectacular aura about

So it appears they are doing something like cherry picking people with NOC's still on the list or they are just breaking their own rules
you couldn't make it up could you?

As far as I am aware all May 2010 FSW1's are still waiting, so why have we been skipped over
surely there are May 2010 AOR's who are still have jobs still on the NOC list though?
I totally agree that they should be processing them in order recieved,
I just wonder if there are VO's with bigger backlogs than others or VO's who process slower than others?

**BIG CONFUSED SIGH**
Old Jan 16th 2012, 2:17 pm
Permanent Residents

Mac2 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by scotty1974
you couldn't make it up could you?

surely there are May 2010 AOR's who are still have jobs still on the NOC list though?

I totally agree that they should be processing them in order recieved,
I just wonder if there are VO's with bigger backlogs than others or VO's who process slower than others?

**BIG CONFUSED SIGH**
I only know of about 6 or 7 May's on this blog and we are all waiting. I would have to check their NOC's to see if they are on the list or not.
London's got one of the largest backlogs and this wasn't helped when they sent over all the historical Islamabad applications on 1/4/2010 also all Pakistan FSW's are now processed in London, slowing it down even more. It's now probably the slowest VO globally!

Last edited by Mac2; Jan 16th 2012 at 2:22 pm.
Old Jan 16th 2012, 4:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nrh1981
Hey Kat,
OMG I can't believe after all that time all I had to do was put Scotland instead of UK to online system. I can't believe I didn't try that myself - muppet!!! ;-)

It says IN PROCESS and reads:

" We received your application for permanent residence on April 26, 2010.

We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on July 30, 2010. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Your application and supporting documents were received by the London England office. They are pending review.

We transferred your application to the London England office on August 4, 2010. The London England office may contact you."

I wonder if theres any way for me to find My In Process date now since I didn't access system until now. I didn't send supporting documents until Sept 2010?

I actually felt excited when I saw this and then realised that others in my stream have been In Process for ever so not really worth celebrating!

I have also noted that they haven't changed my address on the system even though I notified them of this ages ago

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.