Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Old Jan 16th 2012, 5:19 am
  #3091  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: Scotland
Posts: 327
kat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

One more thing, when I see the options below on the system do I look at the FSW submitted to Sydney link as this is where I submitted the first application??


The following tables will help you understand the status of your application.

Application for Permanent Residence Outside Canada
Application for Permanent Residence in Canada
Application for Permanent Residence - Federal skilled Worker submitted to Sydney, Nova Scotia


Thaks again :-)) I feel like i'm never off this thread at the moment. Must be the New Year motivation!! ;-)
kat-b is offline  
Old Jan 16th 2012, 11:21 am
  #3092  
Snow boots are ready....
 
nrh1981's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Location: Glasgow: Scotland
Posts: 59
nrh1981 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Originally Posted by kat-b
OMG I can't believe after all that time all I had to do was put Scotland instead of UK to online system. I can't believe I didn't try that myself - muppet!!! ;-)

It says IN PROCESS and reads:

" We received your application for permanent residence on April 26, 2010.

We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on July 30, 2010. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Your application and supporting documents were received by the London England office. They are pending review.

We transferred your application to the London England office on August 4, 2010. The London England office may contact you."


I wonder if theres any way for me to find My In Process date now since I didn't access system until now. I didn't send supporting documents until Sept 2010?

I actually felt excited when I saw this and then realised that others in my stream have been In Process for ever so not really worth celebrating!

I have also noted that they haven't changed my address on the system even though I notified them of this ages ago
Hi Kat,
Glad to hear you managed to access the CIC online file and dont feel bad, if you look back a few weeks i asked the same question and was making the same mistake for 9 months! The next step after they start to review it is a line that says they have reviewed your application and it is now in process. Certainly from our own application the medicals were requested about a month later.
Dont pin all your hopes on it as a source of info either as i have heard from others on here that the online system is notoriously unreliable. On ours there is no mention of medical requests or letters but we have the hard copy in hand.
nrh1981 is offline  
Old Jan 16th 2012, 11:21 am
  #3093  
Snow boots are ready....
 
nrh1981's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Location: Glasgow: Scotland
Posts: 59
nrh1981 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Originally Posted by kat-b
One more thing, when I see the options below on the system do I look at the FSW submitted to Sydney link as this is where I submitted the first application??


The following tables will help you understand the status of your application.

Application for Permanent Residence Outside Canada
Application for Permanent Residence in Canada
Application for Permanent Residence - Federal skilled Worker submitted to Sydney, Nova Scotia


Thaks again :-)) I feel like i'm never off this thread at the moment. Must be the New Year motivation!! ;-)
Thats correct.
nrh1981 is offline  
Old Jan 16th 2012, 11:05 pm
  #3094  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: Scotland
Posts: 327
kat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Originally Posted by nrh1981
Hi Kat,
Glad to hear you managed to access the CIC online file and dont feel bad, if you look back a few weeks i asked the same question and was making the same mistake for 9 months! The next step after they start to review it is a line that says they have reviewed your application and it is now in process. Certainly from our own application the medicals were requested about a month later.
Dont pin all your hopes on it as a source of info either as i have heard from others on here that the online system is notoriously unreliable. On ours there is no mention of medical requests or letters but we have the hard copy in hand.
Thanks :-)) at least I'm in now I suppose! Although I still can't believe the solution was so simple!! ;-)

Ah so does this mean I'm not actually In Process yet even though it says "In Process' on the first page? I guess I'm just at the "Visa Office Eligibility Review Stage" and they could still withdraw my app. I can't wait to get the real 'In Process' and relax a bit! Oh well work on the new application starts tomorrow! :-)

Last edited by kat-b; Jan 16th 2012 at 11:14 pm.
kat-b is offline  
Old Jan 16th 2012, 11:40 pm
  #3095  
PR living in Vancouver
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 343
jobop will become famous soon enoughjobop will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Originally Posted by kat-b
Thanks :-)) at least I'm in now I suppose! Although I still can't believe the solution was so simple!! ;-)

Ah so does this mean I'm not actually In Process yet even though it says "In Process' on the first page? I guess I'm just at the "Visa Office Eligibility Review Stage" and they could still withdraw my app. I can't wait to get the real 'In Process' and relax a bit! Oh well work on the new application starts tomorrow! :-)
Glad you managed to get into the system, you start to doubt yourself as to whether your app is really there - mind you after a long wait you'd still be thinking the same!!

Same as you going to start sorting out a new app - going to wait until May time to get new references so the date is not too far off the 1st July - have looked online about the English test, just need to sort out when to book and what test centre and swat up before the actual test by doing some of the test questions that are online - did a few the other day and it’s not too bad, but still nerve racking...
jobop is offline  
Old Jan 16th 2012, 11:55 pm
  #3096  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: Scotland
Posts: 327
kat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Originally Posted by jobop
Glad you managed to get into the system, you start to doubt yourself as to whether your app is really there - mind you after a long wait you'd still be thinking the same!!

Same as you going to start sorting out a new app - going to wait until May time to get new references so the date is not too far off the 1st July - have looked online about the English test, just need to sort out when to book and what test centre and swat up before the actual test by doing some of the test questions that are online - did a few the other day and it’s not too bad, but still nerve racking...
I can't believe we are going to do this all again!! Our timeline from the first time is almost identical. I wish we could just get our med requests next wk, save us the hassle!! I know I better do the sample Q's too, imagine failing a test in your first language although I know some people at work who probably would! ;-)
kat-b is offline  
Old Jan 17th 2012, 12:05 am
  #3097  
PR living in Vancouver
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 343
jobop will become famous soon enoughjobop will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Originally Posted by kat-b
I can't believe we are going to do this all again!! Our timeline from the first time is almost identical. I wish we could just get our med requests next wk, save us the hassle!! I know I better do the sample Q's too, imagine failing a test in your first language although I know some people at work who probably would! ;-)
Well we have until July to see if things get moving?? But I have a feeling it won't be that quick

My guess is, after looking at timelines under the new rules, fingers crossed we should get a letter by this October to say if we will be processed or not under the new rules???

jobop is offline  
Old Jan 17th 2012, 12:28 am
  #3098  
Snow boots are ready....
 
nrh1981's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Location: Glasgow: Scotland
Posts: 59
nrh1981 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Originally Posted by kat-b
Thanks :-)) at least I'm in now I suppose! Although I still can't believe the solution was so simple!! ;-)

Ah so does this mean I'm not actually In Process yet even though it says "In Process' on the first page? I guess I'm just at the "Visa Office Eligibility Review Stage" and they could still withdraw my app. I can't wait to get the real 'In Process' and relax a bit! Oh well work on the new application starts tomorrow! :-)
You know what will happen, you will get the new application together then a couple of days before you send it off your medicals will come through!
As for your process status, i genuinely have no idea, i can only go by my own application.
nrh1981 is offline  
Old Jan 17th 2012, 12:34 am
  #3099  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: Scotland
Posts: 327
kat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Haha I know but I'll forgive them as long as they give me PR!! Yeah hopefully our jobs are still on the new list in July too! :-)
kat-b is offline  
Old Jan 17th 2012, 9:11 am
  #3100  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 110
jerseytocanada is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Originally Posted by nrh1981
Hey,
I just recieved an email on my original thread which comments that the cheque should be sent to London.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=744775


"Payment by bank draft, bank cheque or postal order

A bank draft / bank cheque is a cheque issued by a bank payable to a person, in this case the Receiver General for Canada. The name of the Canadian bank that will pay the Receiver General for Canada will be written on the cheque.

The bank draft, bank cheque or postal order should be made payable to the: Receiver General for Canada

Write your name and address on the back of the bank draft.

"High Commission of Canada
Immigration Division
MacDonald House
38 Grosveror Street
London W1K 4AA
United Kingdom

Some other historic threads that all seem to confirm the same thing.

Guess im off to my bank tommorrow lunchtime to arrange the bankers draft..

One....last.....stage.....

Hope this helps, keep in touch and let us know how it all goes.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ncy+fee+canada

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ncy+fee+canada

jerseytocanada is offline  
Old Jan 17th 2012, 10:45 am
  #3101  
Snow boots are ready....
 
nrh1981's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Location: Glasgow: Scotland
Posts: 59
nrh1981 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Originally Posted by jerseytocanada
Hi, just to be clear the address listed is where it should be sent, and it's your address that goes on the back of the cheque. Hope it helps.
nrh1981 is offline  
Old Jan 19th 2012, 6:38 am
  #3102  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: Scotland
Posts: 327
kat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Originally Posted by jobop
Glad you managed to get into the system, you start to doubt yourself as to whether your app is really there - mind you after a long wait you'd still be thinking the same!!

Same as you going to start sorting out a new app - going to wait until May time to get new references so the date is not too far off the 1st July - have looked online about the English test, just need to sort out when to book and what test centre and swat up before the actual test by doing some of the test questions that are online - did a few the other day and it’s not too bad, but still nerve racking...
So looks like we have the right idea applying again under the new rules. I sent a case related email a few days ago as they still haven't updated my address on the ecas system and I also asked if they could give me any indication as to the processing times under the first ministerial instructions. I actually got a reply but it doesn't give me much hope!! God if I'd just waited 2 months I could have been processed by now under the new system!!! Relevant part of of email copied below:

Your documents have been received and placed on file. No further action is required by you at this time.

Unfortunately, it will take longer to process Federal Skilled Worker applications submitted under the first set of instructions (between February 27, 2008 and June 25, 2010) than originally projected.

During this time, the department received applications for more than 425,000 people, and 144,000 of these have not yet received a decision.

This number represents more than twice the number of projected admissions under the Federal Skilled Worker program in 2011, so many of these applicants will have to wait two years or more to be processed. Because they reflect Canada's current labour market needs, applications under the most recent set of ministerial instructions are processed on a priority basis.
Our office sends immigration decisions and information requests by post or by email to the mailing and email addresses provided in the application. Therefore, it is important that our office be notified immediately of any change of address and contact details.
We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.
Yours sincerely,

Client Service Unit(LMF)


Definitely getting a new app together now!! :-(

Its kind of annoying as my job is still on the list. Why didn't they just take it off the list 2011/2012 and process the ones from 2010/2011 instead!!

Last edited by kat-b; Jan 19th 2012 at 6:45 am.
kat-b is offline  
Old Jan 19th 2012, 6:51 am
  #3103  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Airdrie, Alberta
Posts: 383
Bucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

That's been the standard "bugger off" reply to MI-1 case-specific emails for 6 months now.
Good luck with the new app, sounds like the right way forward in your case.
Bucks_Family is offline  
Old Jan 19th 2012, 7:00 am
  #3104  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: Scotland
Posts: 327
kat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Originally Posted by Bucks_Family
That's been the standard "bugger off" reply to MI-1 case-specific emails for 6 months now.
Good luck with the new app, sounds like the right way forward in your case.
Oh really? I didn't realise that they had actually admitted it was going to take more than two years for the rest of us! I wonder if thats worst or best case scenario?!
kat-b is offline  
Old Jan 19th 2012, 7:04 am
  #3105  
PR living in Vancouver
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 343
jobop will become famous soon enoughjobop will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Originally Posted by kat-b
So looks like we have the right idea applying again under the new rules. I sent a case related email a few days ago as they still haven't updated my address on the ecas system and I also asked if they could give me any indication as to the processing times under the first ministerial instructions. I actually got a reply but it doesn't give me much hope!! God if I'd just waited 2 months I could have been processed by now under the new system!!! Relevant part of of email copied below:

Your documents have been received and placed on file. No further action is required by you at this time.

Unfortunately, it will take longer to process Federal Skilled Worker applications submitted under the first set of instructions (between February 27, 2008 and June 25, 2010) than originally projected.

During this time, the department received applications for more than 425,000 people, and 144,000 of these have not yet received a decision.

This number represents more than twice the number of projected admissions under the Federal Skilled Worker program in 2011, so many of these applicants will have to wait two years or more to be processed. Because they reflect Canada's current labour market needs, applications under the most recent set of ministerial instructions are processed on a priority basis.
Our office sends immigration decisions and information requests by post or by email to the mailing and email addresses provided in the application. Therefore, it is important that our office be notified immediately of any change of address and contact details.
We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.
Yours sincerely,

Client Service Unit(LMF)


Definitely getting a new app together now!! :-(

Its kind of annoying as my job is still on the list. Why didn't they just take it off the list 2011/2012 and process the ones from 2010/2011 instead!!
I have read about people getting this reply before, seems to be the latest generic reply - maybe you will be lucky with your current app as I have also read on these threads people with AORs in Aug 2010 getting medical and it seems to be because there NOC is still on the list, so there my be hope yet??

My NOC is not on the new list but there is another NOC on the new list that I can apply under so will give it a go and leave the old app running as nothing to lose.

Will see what happens on the threads between now and July and take it from there??? Am also going to send a case specific email about my first app but was going to wait until March then it will be a year
jobop is offline  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.