Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Old Sep 14th 2010, 7:59 am
Just Joined

wasifd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Originally Posted by ali2010
Isn't April applications taking too long, My application was received at CIO, NS on 30th April but still no response from CIO (Its been more than 4 months already). I am following and found March applications only took around 2& half or 3 month time span.
My application was received at CIO on 1st May, 2010 and still no response. I can see April applicants are still waiting for 120 email, so I guess, more waiting for me.
Old Sep 14th 2010, 10:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

not sure which application was accepted but both Jan and April show as being accepted and have AOR

read time-line at siggy below
Old Sep 14th 2010, 12:20 pm
Forum Regular

Jpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of light

My application (under the old rules) was received by CIC April 30th and bankers draft cashed on August 5th. Still no 120-day email/letter, and I've been checking my inbox and spam folder every day! What happens if they claim they sent an email but we didn't receive it and the 120 days are ticking down . . .?

Worrying fact is that on their website they claim they are currently processing applications received up to June 25th:

"For applications sent before June 26, 2010, the Centralized Intake Office in Sydney, Nova Scotia, is currently working on applications received up to June 25, 2010."
Old Sep 14th 2010, 1:12 pm
Just Joined

Aslan is an unknown quantity at this point

Processing of AOR's towards the end of April and the whole of May seems to have come to a virtual standstill. We feel extremely lucky to have slipped through the net as we could have easily been in the same situation some of you are facing.

We started preparing our documents well in advance of our CC charge so that we could submit soon after receiving our AOR - I think we would be pulling our hair out with frustration now if we hadn't received the AOR!

Hang in there - I think it's a good sign if your cc/drafts has been charged.

Best wishes
Old Sep 14th 2010, 3:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Jpod
My application (under the old rules) was received by CIC April 30th and bankers draft cashed on August 5th. Still no 120-day email/letter, and I've been checking my inbox and spam folder every day! What happens if they claim they sent an email but we didn't receive it and the 120 days are ticking down . . .?
We haven't had 120 day email either (cashed 25th August).

We have most things ready to go, but reluctant to spend money on solicitors for certifying docs/doing statements/translations/police certs which will run into £100s when we cannot be sure we have been accepted at 1st stage. Having huge problems getting references from employers, who only give vague replies (despite being told requirements) or say they won't say anything other than we worked there...
Old Sep 14th 2010, 3:25 pm
Just Joined

cornishhouse is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Brunti
I don't know if it's my imagination here but everything seems to have slowed down. There seems to be very little progress being made by anyone lately. I sent off our medicals and RPR fee at the end of June and thought that we'd have heard something by now.

Does anyone have anything positive to say about their progress??
Hi Brunti, we are in the same boat as you sent medicals back to London a the end of June, we have heard nothing as yet, we hoped to land in Canada early Nov, but starting to get very worried. fingers crossed and good luck.
Lorraine
Old Sep 14th 2010, 3:38 pm
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

May I ask, are you all Cat 1? (The people who stated it on their time-line all said Cat 1, but some did not specify.)
If so, are your NOCs still on the list or have they been removed?
How does your wait compare to Cat 2 applicants?
Apart from you, CanadaJimmy, 'cos I know you are Cat 2 and you have had quite quick response compared to everyone else, I think.

I am trying to see if here is a pattern to the longer waits.
Old Sep 14th 2010, 4:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by helcat12
May I ask, are you all Cat 1? (The people who stated it on their time-line all said Cat 1, but some did not specify.)
If so, are your NOCs still on the list or have they been removed?
How does your wait compare to Cat 2 applicants?
Apart from you, CanadaJimmy, 'cos I know you are Cat 2 and you have had quite quick response compared to everyone else, I think.

I am trying to see if here is a pattern to the longer waits.
Just put my signature on - hope that helps! Old list - no longer on.
Old Sep 14th 2010, 4:31 pm
Just Joined

wasifd is an unknown quantity at this point

Same here; Old list - no longer on.
---------------------------------------
FSW1 (old list NOC 0213 - IT Manager) received CIO: 01.05.10
Old Sep 14th 2010, 4:36 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Don't think there's any pattern to it. Another application that was received by CIO on 30th April (under 0711 - no longer on list) had cc debited 6 weeks ago and 120 day email a month ago. Yet others that had their application received on exactly the same day haven't yet had their 120 day email.

No rhyme or reason to CIC it seems!
Old Sep 15th 2010, 1:13 pm
Forum Regular

Jpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of light

Here's an email reply I received from the London Office which might be of interest (I also contacted CIC Sydney via email directly but they haven't replied):

Thank you for your enquiry.

The Centralised Intake Office (CIO) is currently receiving a high volume of applications and it can take several weeks for a file to be created in their office and to appear in our electronic records. We cannot confirm or deny the existence of an application in our records at this time as you only submitted your application very recently.

In addition to confirming whether or not your application has been delivered to the CIO, you may wish to contact the bank that issued your bank draft to see if the draft has been cashed by the CIO. If it has, please rest assured that the file has been received and you will be contacted in due course.

Yours sincerely,

Client Service Unit (LIB)

Must be a standard reply as I clearly stated that my bankers draft HAD been cashed!

I'll update my sig to show I'm applying under CAT1 under the old rules - thanks for the prompt!

Jools
Old Sep 15th 2010, 4:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

CanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
No rhyme or reason to CIC it seems!
My friend was winding me up saying they use LIFO (Last in first out), I said it seemed more like RIRO...
Old Sep 15th 2010, 7:48 pm
Florist in Melbourne

ciocan76 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello

I just want to share with you my timeline: application sent to CIC on 4 th May, received on 7 may, CC charged on 5th August, NO 120 days letter.

Please ignore my signature - is for my OZ file.
Old Sep 15th 2010, 8:06 pm
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ciocan76
Hello

I just want to share with you my timeline: application sent to CIC on 4 th May, received on 7 may, CC charged on 5th August, NO 120 days letter.

Please ignore my signature - is for my OZ file.
What category are you, just for completeness, please?
Old Sep 15th 2010, 8:22 pm
Florist in Melbourne

ciocan76 is an unknown quantity at this point

FSW 1.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.