Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Old Sep 1st 2010, 11:17 am
BE Enthusiast

shazza69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Hi! Congratulations! Mine was "In Process" in August 25, 2010, this morning I received my Medical Request and PRPF Request, great news for all of us!
Would be good if you could put your timeline in your signature so we can all see your dates etc...x
Old Sep 1st 2010, 11:20 am
Just Joined

asitoja is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't know how..LOL
Originally Posted by shazza69
Would be good if you could put your timeline in your signature so we can all see your dates etc...x
Old Sep 1st 2010, 11:27 am
BE Enthusiast

I don't know how..LOL
go to the top of this page and click on "my profile" and in there down the left hand side it says "edit signature" just click it and write your time line with dates etc and then save it. then the next post you do it will show up ..x
Old Sep 1st 2010, 11:34 am
Just Joined

Thank You. Finally I can share my timelines
Originally Posted by shazza69
go to the top of this page and click on "my profile" and in there down the left hand side it says "edit signature" just click it and write your time line with dates etc and then save it. then the next post you do it will show up ..x
Old Sep 1st 2010, 11:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Thank You. Finally I can share my timelines
your welcome xx
Old Sep 1st 2010, 11:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

Got our AOR the other day now the wait really begins before it starts to move again
Old Sep 1st 2010, 3:37 pm
Just Joined

cornishhouse is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi folks,
Can anyone advise me on a rough timeline from sending medicals to London and hopefully getting a passport and visa request, also I read on another forum that the visa allocations for 2010 have all been used, does anyone know if this is true??????? Hope not! Good luck too all!
Many thanks Lorraine
Old Sep 1st 2010, 4:02 pm
Forum Regular

humanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to all

Originally Posted by cornishhouse
Hi folks,
Can anyone advise me on a rough timeline from sending medicals to London and hopefully getting a passport and visa request, also I read on another forum that the visa allocations for 2010 have all been used, does anyone know if this is true??????? Hope not! Good luck too all!
Many thanks Lorraine
I don't think the visa allocations have been used up, there are people on this forum who have received Passport Requests this week.

As for the average PPR timeline, it's extremely difficult to say. But it seems to be from 1 to 6 months dependent on your medical results, background checks and sheer luck.
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 12:53 am
EOI Submitted,Invitation?

wordlywise is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you and All the best everyone !!

Originally Posted by asitoja
Hi! Congratulations! Mine was "In Process" in August 25, 2010, this morning I received my Medical Request and PRPF Request, great news for all of us!
Wow thats great !! makes me more positive !! Did you receive an email for medical request thou, or was it a post ??

Last edited by wordlywise; Sep 2nd 2010 at 12:57 am.
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 2:33 am
Just Joined

It was thru regular mail, it includes the instuctions, the forms to be filled up by the medical practitioner (result of the exam) with our pictures in it, and some brochures.

Originally Posted by wordlywise
Thank you and All the best everyone !!

Wow thats great !! makes me more positive !! Did you receive an email for medical request thou, or was it a post ??
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 3:32 am

It was thru regular mail, it includes the instuctions, the forms to be filled up by the medical practitioner (result of the exam) with our pictures in it, and some brochures.

Ok thanks for the info ! Alll the best for medicals !!
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 5:46 pm

Bali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond repute

yippeeee .... In Process since 26 Aug !!! it was a looooong wait after the arrival of 2nd file number !! but am very excited as have cleared that stage now !!
Great news both of you.

asitoja - you seem to have moved fast from in process to med request - I had thought there was normally a longer gap than that?
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 11:28 pm

Originally Posted by Bali2010
Great news both of you.

asitoja - you seem to have moved fast from in process to med request - I had thought there was normally a longer gap than that?
Yes you are right, I was also thinking the same. But anyways its good that some files are moving faster...

asitoja, would you mind telling what is your skill category. Probably files in your skill category are moving faster ..
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 6:35 am
FSW Cat 1

amrskipro is an unknown quantity at this point

After much procrastination (well it took quite a while to get our GTFO list together as we have stuff stored all over the planet by the look of things - also not helped by our house inventory going missing in the post (still lost) requiring another couriered package) I flag poled today. Thirty minutes of civilised behaviour, paper shuffling, signing and some simple questions from the IO, a smile, the stamps and a gentle "Welcome to Canada" and I am now a Perment Resident - awesome.

Timeline updated in my signature to keep those who are waiting motivated.

If we had been a bit more 'ready' (just our import/ GTFO list that seemed to take ages) it could have been 308 days from couriering our application to stepping across the border.

As it turned out it has been 345 days (or 11 months & one week to keep it simple).

To all those that are in the pipeline keep smiling, keep praying and keep reading this forum and may your light at the end of your tunnel keep getting closer and eventually fall right on top of you as soon as possible.

Good luck.

"The test of character is not hanging in there when you expect light at the end of the tunnel but performance and persistence of example when you know that no light is coming."

Last edited by amrskipro; Sep 3rd 2010 at 7:03 am.
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 11:43 am
Just Joined

Yes! I'm surprised as well with how my application is moving, I'm under Category 1 NOC 3152 (NUrse). Goodluck to everyone! I'm getting ready for my medical
Yes you are right, I was also thinking the same. But anyways its good that some files are moving faster...

asitoja, would you mind telling what is your skill category. Probably files in your skill category are moving faster ..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.