Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Old Aug 26th 2010, 2:19 am
Forum Regular

Jpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Hi all,

Many thanks for your help and encouragement - what would we do without this forum?!

So, from despair to hope in a few hours . . . I contacted my bank and they are adament that the bank draft has been cashed through the Royal Bank of Canada on August 5th, and they can provide a stamped copy of the cheque (for £20) if need be.

So that's good news - I have since emailed back to the London Office (as it was they who answered the enquiry not CIC Sydney!) with my Fed Ex tracking number as suggested by Fran. Hopefully they will forward it on, if I still haven't heard within the next couple of weeks I might try and phone CIC Sydney direct with my details and ask that I resubmit my application under the old rules if they still haven't found it.

So, great news Steve and Fran that your application is moving forward, and fingers remaining crossed as ever!

cheers

Jools

Originally Posted by Kaye5
Jools, hi

You gave them the Fedex ref number - yes? That is what we have provided in correspondence and CIO confirmed receipt of our papers from that number. Having said that they seem to be a bit chaotic at the moment, with new staff being trained and an influx of pre-list change applications. It may be that they just can't find it at the moment - not that it is lost forever.

It doesn't make sense anyway - if they have cashed the money they must have the application? If they have lost it since the encashment, surely they will allow you to send duplicate papers and treat the application as made 30 April?

What solution/suggestions did they offer?

Don't know what email you used but is it definitely CIO and not London it has gone through to (sorry, don't know what you used, whether it was a general enquiry email or what).

Throwing ideas in the air here - if you don't mind, may be useful to post the text of the emails (or PM me/you have my email).

F
Old Aug 26th 2010, 2:23 am
Forum Regular

samjr400 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Martin99
Just a brief note to say that we land later this week!

Cheers

Martin
Thats great news....hope all goes well with everything
Old Aug 26th 2010, 6:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Jpod
Hi all,

Many thanks for your help and encouragement - what would we do without this forum?!

So, from despair to hope in a few hours . . . I contacted my bank and they are adament that the bank draft has been cashed through the Royal Bank of Canada on August 5th, and they can provide a stamped copy of the cheque (for £20) if need be.

So that's good news - I have since emailed back to the London Office (as it was they who answered the enquiry not CIC Sydney!) with my Fed Ex tracking number as suggested by Fran. Hopefully they will forward it on, if I still haven't heard within the next couple of weeks I might try and phone CIC Sydney direct with my details and ask that I resubmit my application under the old rules if they still haven't found it.

So, great news Steve and Fran that your application is moving forward, and fingers remaining crossed as ever!

cheers

Jools
I think you will have heard in a few weeks if the draft was cashed 5 August. As your reply came from London, maybe they meant that THEY haven't got it, which of course they haven't as it is at Sydney.

We were advised that we can contact Sydney by going into the CHC in London (ie they would contact Sydney on our behalf). However.... their website says they won't accept enquiries in person or by phone!!

I wouldn't be surprised if it is not lost at all, just they cannot confirm where it is without the ref number. Hopefully you will get your 120 day letter before they even get chance to reply to your latest enquiry.
Old Aug 27th 2010, 2:45 am
Forum Regular

LMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant future

Hi all,

cheers

Jools

I received an e-mail from London this morning via CIO Sydney stating they have no record of receiving our application despite the fact that our credit card was debited on 30 July! We sent our query on 28th July. It obviously has been processed and hopefully in the pile for 120 day e-mail requests
Old Aug 27th 2010, 6:13 am

Bali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kaye5
Just checked my bank and our payment has finally been taken!!
Great news Kaye

Hi all,

That sounds more confident - hope it is sorted soon

Originally Posted by LMBrian
I received an e-mail from London this morning via CIO Sydney stating they have no record of receiving our application despite the fact that our credit card was debited on 30 July! We sent our query on 28th July. It obviously has been processed and hopefully in the pile for 120 day e-mail requests
for you too LMBrian
Old Aug 27th 2010, 7:45 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Sheffield UK - Victoria BC bound (one day, in a galaxy far, far away...)
witchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the rough

Hi all

- I'm relatively new to the forum, I just wanted to let you know that my cc has just been charged (finally!!) - I posted the FSW app on 7th June, and they received it on 16th June, cc charged on 27/28th August.

I am applying as a College Teacher, so just in time before the changes, huh?!

I hope this gives some hope to others who are still waiting!

Good luck!
Old Aug 27th 2010, 11:59 pm
passport photo

Hammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud of

my timeline to PPR is below for info
Old Aug 28th 2010, 12:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Martin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Binty
Hi Martin,

Just to say 'Good Luck' and wish you every happiness in your bright new future

Binty
Originally Posted by Bali2010
Great - have a good time & I hope the UK final preps go well so you can move quickly
Many thanks, both.

Glorious sunshine in Vancouver today!!!

Cheers

Martin
Old Aug 28th 2010, 12:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Martin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by samjr400
Thats great news....hope all goes well with everything
Many thanks
Old Aug 28th 2010, 1:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

CanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Martin99
Glorious sunshine in Vancouver today!!!
Yes! And extremely clear air too. I took some pics
Old Aug 30th 2010, 8:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

sdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nice

Any of you guys got your 120 day email yet? 20 days since they cashed the bankers draft for me... I am guessing it might take a bit longer than usual so maybe mid september?!
Old Aug 31st 2010, 12:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sdo1982
Any of you guys got your 120 day email yet? 20 days since they cashed the bankers draft for me... I am guessing it might take a bit longer than usual so maybe mid september?!

Nope. But then our card was only debited on 25 August, so not really expecting it yet. Although maybe now they have got the new staff in, things may start to move a little quicker...
Old Aug 31st 2010, 2:54 pm
EOI Submitted,Invitation?

wordlywise is an unknown quantity at this point

yippeeee .... In Process since 26 Aug !!! it was a looooong wait after the arrival of 2nd file number !! but am very excited as have cleared that stage now !!
Old Aug 31st 2010, 8:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

shazza69 is an unknown quantity at this point

yippeeee .... In Process since 26 Aug !!! it was a looooong wait after the arrival of 2nd file number !! but am very excited as have cleared that stage now !!
Congratulations.......that gives me hope as my timeline is not far from yours... xx
Old Aug 31st 2010, 11:06 pm
Just Joined

asitoja is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi! Congratulations! Mine was "In Process" in August 25, 2010, this morning I received my Medical Request and PRPF Request, great news for all of us!

Originally Posted by wordlywise

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.