Study Option...

Old Jun 10th 2010, 7:25 pm
Forum Regular

lifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to all
Default Re: Study Option...

Hi,

I don't remember getting a receipt notification back from them. But I do remember the study permit coming back within around 4 weeks......

Did you send it by recorded delivery?
Old Jun 10th 2010, 7:29 pm
Forum Regular

rodderzzz is a jewel in the roughrodderzzz is a jewel in the roughrodderzzz is a jewel in the roughrodderzzz is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by lifeisajourney
Hi,

I don't remember getting a receipt notification back from them. But I do remember the study permit coming back within around 4 weeks......

Did you send it by recorded delivery?

Thanks for your quick reply, yeah I sent it recorded delivery and I've checked the Post Office website and it was delivered, I'm a worrier though! haha

I always think with so many applications it'll be my luck that mine will go missing!
Old Jun 10th 2010, 8:07 pm
Forum Regular

lifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to all

You should be ok then. Time to count the weeks and try to relax, easier said than done I know!

Good luck
Old Jun 10th 2010, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

pancakemeow is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rodderzzz
Wondering if anybody could help me here. I sent off my application for a study visa last week. On the CIC website it says they will decide your case in 6 weeks, which is fine. Part of the application is you have to send off a self addressed envelope, I was hoping this was going to come back to me fairly quickly to say that they had received my application but Ive had nothing.

Can anybody who has applied before tell me the procedure as im worried that theyve lost my app or something! My course starts in September so dont want to hear nothing for 6 weeks, making it the middle of July, and then find out they lost it and have to start again!

Thanks in advance for any help
Hi, I sent off for my study visa in November for September 2010 start (early i know, but i'm a worrier too!). Anyways, less than ONE WEEK later i got an email from CIC saying this:

INFORMATION FOR TEMPORARY WORKERS AND STUDENTS
Your application for a work and/or study permit has been approved. You must print this email and, upon entering Canada, present it to the officer at the port of entry. That is where your work or study permit will be issued. This document is valid until the earliest of the following two dates: the expiration of your Labour Market Opinion (LMO) / job offer or, if you underwent a medical examination, a year from the date you first visited the designated medical practitioner.

A month of so later I received back all my documents by post.
Hope that helps . . dont worry!
Old Jun 10th 2010, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

rodderzzz is a jewel in the roughrodderzzz is a jewel in the roughrodderzzz is a jewel in the roughrodderzzz is a jewel in the rough

You should be ok then. Time to count the weeks and try to relax, easier said than done I know!

Good luck
Thanks, youve calmed my nerves. However, I have thought of nothing else all week, it is mental torture!

I'm hoping I'll be able to take my mind off it when the world cup starts because at the moment its on my ming 14 hours a day! its driving me crazy!

Thanks again
Old Jun 10th 2010, 8:16 pm
Forum Regular

pancakemeow, thanks, hopefully mine will be accepted too, im dreading it being refused
Old Jun 11th 2010, 1:56 pm
Just Joined

Beavis10 is an unknown quantity at this point

i also aapplied for my study permit last week so i know what ur going thru. Mine was delivered last wed.
However i don't have a house to come back to so my ties to the uk are pretty weak. Does anyone know if a permit has been granted to anyone who has only family as their tie?
This waiting is seriously doing my head in lol.
Old Jun 11th 2010, 6:01 pm
Forum Regular

Hi mate, the only tie i put for me is family, and I had a letter of acceptance off a UK Uni to come back and do my masters here when Ive finished my studies in Canada! I have a bank account, LFC season ticket and other little things too but in my haste to send the app forgot to add all that!

Let me know when/if you hear anything back, the torture is mental, I'm finding I cant get to sleep until 3/4am because I cant switch off thinking about it!
Old Jun 11th 2010, 7:25 pm
Just Joined

glad i'm not the only one going mad over this! As soon as i hear anything i'll let you know, if you hear anything before hand can you let us know.
Where about have you applied to? Apologies if you've already said earlier on the forum.
Old Jun 15th 2010, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

YESSS I had my email today saying my visa had been approved So excited!

Just looking for some information off people who have been over on a study visa before, do you need to book return flights? because my course doesn't end until May 2012 obviously there are no flights that far in advance?

Also, what was it like on arrival? what questions did they ask you etc?

My course starts on August 30th, but I am hoping to come in mid July to have a few weeks fun before the hard work, will there be any problem with doing that?

Thanks in advance
Old Jun 15th 2010, 1:03 pm
Just Joined

that is fantastic news. Well done.
I'm now really worried as i've not heard anything. Do you mind telling me the actual date they recieved your app? How long have you had to wait?
Really pleased for you?
Old Jun 15th 2010, 1:26 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Beavis10
that is fantastic news. Well done.
I'm now really worried as i've not heard anything. Do you mind telling me the actual date they recieved your app? How long have you had to wait?
Really pleased for you?
Hey mate, my application was received on June 4th! Got an Email off them about 8am this morning
Old Jun 15th 2010, 1:29 pm
Forum Regular

Wow Rodderzzzz that was pretty fast!

My husband had the study permit and me and our two kids accompanied him on it. We booked single flights, as his course was two years long and we couldn't book return seats that far in advance. I remember we had a bit of a panic about what to do about the return flight issue but there were no problems with it.

We came over two months before his course started and again there was no issue with that. I would definitely recommend coming over a month or so before you start. It'll give you time to get sorted and get over the shock/stress of the whole process of getting yourself here!

We were prepared for a grilling upon arrival at the airport and had millions of documents with us. But they were very friendly and chilled with us. Just wanted to see the offer from the University again and asked us about where we'd be living, how we'd be supporting ourselves. Then when they issued the study permit they automatically tagged on a few months to it after the end of the course. We were expecting it to end the day after the course ended or something.

Good luck
Old Jun 15th 2010, 2:20 pm
Forum Regular

Wow Rodderzzzz that was pretty fast!

My husband had the study permit and me and our two kids accompanied him on it. We booked single flights, as his course was two years long and we couldn't book return seats that far in advance. I remember we had a bit of a panic about what to do about the return flight issue but there were no problems with it.

We came over two months before his course started and again there was no issue with that. I would definitely recommend coming over a month or so before you start. It'll give you time to get sorted and get over the shock/stress of the whole process of getting yourself here!

We were prepared for a grilling upon arrival at the airport and had millions of documents with us. But they were very friendly and chilled with us. Just wanted to see the offer from the University again and asked us about where we'd be living, how we'd be supporting ourselves. Then when they issued the study permit they automatically tagged on a few months to it after the end of the course. We were expecting it to end the day after the course ended or something.

Good luck
Thanks LIAJ that's great, I have found one way flights for 199GBP so i will book that, pleased it doesnt have to be a return cause it would be a waste of money!

Thank you for your advise
Old Jul 7th 2010, 5:44 am
Forum Regular

Sofi is a splendid one to beholdSofi is a splendid one to beholdSofi is a splendid one to beholdSofi is a splendid one to beholdSofi is a splendid one to beholdSofi is a splendid one to beholdSofi is a splendid one to beholdSofi is a splendid one to beholdSofi is a splendid one to beholdSofi is a splendid one to beholdSofi is a splendid one to behold

I am also considering taking the study route (actually I cannot decide between FSW/study). I have a Bachelors degree from the UK. So if I decided to take the study route would I have to enroll on a Masters course or would it be equally valid to do another undergrad course?The reason I am asking is that I think undergrad courses are relatively cheaper

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.