Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

(SAP) Simplified Application Process & 90 day Info/Data/Tracker

(SAP) Simplified Application Process & 90 day Info/Data/Tracker

Old Oct 29th 2008, 3:16 am

ireland2canada is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: (SAP) Simplified Application Process & 90 day Info/Data/Tracker

Originally Posted by TheBear
Good point, I was thinking about citizenship...need three years out of 4 or 5, or something like that.

Does anyone know if the 5 years begins on landing or granting of the visa?
Um. I'm tempted to go with on landing, it would make more sense that way. But don't quote me on that. I'm sure it's in the Wiki somewhere, but I've been skiving too much already today!
Old Oct 29th 2008, 3:26 am
Forum Regular

kiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant future

Basic residency starts on the day you landed in Canada and not on the day the visa is issued by the CHC.
Old Oct 29th 2008, 4:16 am
BE Enthusiast

TheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond repute

cheers both!
Old Nov 1st 2008, 9:40 pm
APC
Just Joined

APC is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi ALL,

We are in the process of getting all our info ready to submit as we have received the 90day letter after submitting the simplified form in August 2006.

However, do we need to submit any photos of ourselves right now? On the file index of documents to be submitted; it says only if adding a child or spouse and each of your dependents if under 18. It later then says that you and everyone else will have to submit 4 photos if a PR is issued?

Also we are sending our passport pages and police check (which has current photos on it) anyway.

Not very clear nor is the website - in fact none of the instructions are consistent?

Old Nov 2nd 2008, 5:03 am
BE Enthusiast

TheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond repute

I think my policy would be to give them everything, they can only chuck away stuff they don't need, but if you don't submit everything, it could delay your app. How long did the police check take and did you use a form provided by the CHC or can you can do it before?
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 7:14 am

ireland2canada is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by APC
However, do we need to submit any photos of ourselves right now? On the file index of documents to be submitted; it says only if adding a child or spouse and each of your dependents if under 18. It later then says that you and everyone else will have to submit 4 photos if a PR is issued?
Hmmm. Here is what my 90 day letter has to say about photos....

"You must also submit two recent photographs of yourself and your dependants (please note that you and each of your dependants will be required to submit an additional 4 photographs if a permanent resident visa is to be issued to you.)"

That is from section 2 of the index.

Hope that helps?
Old Nov 15th 2008, 12:09 am
BE Enthusiast

delsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud of

Oh my.... the 90 day letter has arrived!?! We applied October 2006 with a relatively long AOR of Feb 07 so was not really expecting it till the new year.

Always thought when it came through it would be a lot of excitement but sadly its more a case of freaking out. Planned to use house equity as proof of funds but thats gone with the house crash. So now we feel we have 3 months to sort this out somehow.

Good luck to all those waiting for their letters, looks likes processing is picking up speed.
Old Nov 15th 2008, 2:00 am
BE Enthusiast

I feel for your situation...I guess there must be a lot of people in the same boat as you. I wonder if that's one of the reasons why the process is speeding up...maybe a lot of people aren't qualifying or are having to pull out as they no longer have equity, so the embassy have less visas to process?
Old May 14th 2009, 2:29 am
APC
Just Joined

APC is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello ALL SAP applicants!

Been a while since I posted............ but

We have our PPR today!!!! - soooooooo happy we have nearly made it!

Just wanted to let everyone know that there turn, fingers crossed will not be too long either

Timeline is below for your ref:-

SAP Application sent : 21st August 2006
SAP AOR : 28th August 2006
AOR letter approx a week later
90day letter : 29th September 2008
(although dated 1st October and letter quotes ' in reference to your application received in July or August 2006).
90day info sent 21st Nov 2008
Medical Request mid March 2009
Medical done mid April 09
PPR today!!!!! 14th May 2009

We now need the courage and time to plan for our new life abroad all scary and exciting all at the same time!!!!!
Old May 14th 2009, 3:12 am
BE Enthusiast

delsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud of

Congrats and thanks for sharing the timeline! Looks like it took about 4 months for your medical requests which makes me worry less about ours now over 3 months.

To all those doubters last year claiming SAP apps would never even get processed eh
Old May 14th 2009, 3:27 am
Account Closed

Jazzflute is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats!! I can't believe how quick its moving for us SAP lot! Our meds are in transit to CHC and I've ordered the bankers draft today for the ROPF - so shouldn't be too long for us now - gulp! Good luck to everyone
Old May 14th 2009, 9:26 am
Forum Regular

LynseySmith is a jewel in the roughLynseySmith is a jewel in the roughLynseySmith is a jewel in the roughLynseySmith is a jewel in the roughLynseySmith is a jewel in the rough

We had our meds late April and sent off our RPRF the other week, together with additional request for US State Police checks from time spent there.

Can't believe it's all starting to happen. We got TWPs when we visited at Easter. We exchanged on our house and sold one car Monday. Now, Greg has his bags packed ready to leave Saturday and start work Tuesday, Shippers in Mon-Wed next week

After years of planning and waiting it's been chaotic the past few months...but I'm so looking forward to a wonderful summer in Canada with a nice glass of vino on my imaginery deck

Hoping to get PR through by end of summer now!

Good luck to all of you too, Lx
Old May 17th 2009, 10:08 pm
Forum Regular

heidi40 will become famous soon enoughheidi40 will become famous soon enough

This is our application processing time.

Applied 29 June 2008(simplified application)
AOR sometimes in Aug
the application started processing: 25th Sep
document requested 25th Jan
document sent 23rd of March waiting for police check from Tehran!!!!! done mu UK one.

and waiting
Old May 20th 2009, 9:46 pm
Forum Regular

ESSEXHAMMER has a brilliant futureESSEXHAMMER has a brilliant futureESSEXHAMMER has a brilliant futureESSEXHAMMER has a brilliant futureESSEXHAMMER has a brilliant futureESSEXHAMMER has a brilliant future

Hi All

I am interested in what the latest date for the 90 day request for info is.

I am hopeful that ours will arrive over the next few months.

When will they require the next payment, as i thought this was when the medical sare all done etc???

Dan