Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

(SAP) Simplified Application Process & 90 day Info/Data/Tracker

(SAP) Simplified Application Process & 90 day Info/Data/Tracker

Old Oct 25th 2008, 4:32 am
APC
Just Joined

APC is an unknown quantity at this point
Default (SAP) Simplified Application Process & 90 day Info/Data/Tracker

Hi ALL;

Sorry I'm still finding my way around the forum/threads.

I just want everyone to know about our application dates which will hopefully help others and make the wait a bit more bearable ;-)

SAP Application sent : 21st August 2006
SAP AOR : 28th August 2006
AOR letter approx a week later
90day letter : 29th September 2008
(although dated 1st October and letter quotes ' in reference to your application received in July or August 2006).

So U dont have long to wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck to all - although I have now a headache getting all the info together.

The CHL in reference to my email asking clarification on what info they require (as the website info required and the 90day letter info required are not the same) have replied saying that the onus is on the applicant to provide as much information as possible. (on one of the sections relating to work history they want 10 years of history, contracts, details + payslips! ????????????? scary!)

All the best everyone and I will keep you posted on our progress and read with interest with other members progress.
Old Oct 25th 2008, 5:27 am
C'mon already

kazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: (SAP) Simplified Application Process & 90 day Info/Data/Tracker

Hi APC, thanks for putting that up.

How bizarre that you applied on a Simplified Application but you were still in August.

It does give us lot hope that are not that far behind you, at least there is a sign that they are processing SAP.

Well done, good luck with getting the paperwork together.

Karen
Old Oct 25th 2008, 7:42 am
Forum Regular

LynseySmith is a jewel in the roughLynseySmith is a jewel in the roughLynseySmith is a jewel in the roughLynseySmith is a jewel in the roughLynseySmith is a jewel in the rough

Great news that they seem to just be getting on and processing the simplified apps in date order. Congrats APC, and thanks for the update.

Lynsey
Old Oct 25th 2008, 8:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

debbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of light

'neekie' and 'sarahmom' in the same batch - sorry for stalking ladies...
Now I'm content the Simplifieds are definitely being dealt with I'll go back to lurking and watch with interest how they progress!
Dx
Old Oct 27th 2008, 12:03 am
Forum Regular

Location: Right now UK but will be moving to Calgary Sep 2014
JP1981 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,
I have been a member here for a while but haven’t posted anything before, this is the first time. I applied in Feb 07 through SAP and its encouraging to see that SAP applications are being processed. Good luck to everyone who received the 90 day letters. Now i just got to wait for my turn.
I also got a question to the experts on here, i have changed Career couple of months later i submitted my application, i am not sure if i have to notify CIC of this. Any help would be appreciated.
Old Oct 27th 2008, 12:09 am

ireland2canada is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey there, welcome to the forum
I certainly do not qualify as an 'expert' but I do know that if you have applied through SAP, then you do not need to update CIC with the likes of a change of job. You just wait till they ask for your updated docs, then you tell them all about it. Of course, it goes without saying that you keep all your paperwork about the new job ie: letter of offer, terms & conditions, contract etc the more the merrier.
Old Oct 27th 2008, 4:25 am
Forum Regular

Location: Right now UK but will be moving to Calgary Sep 2014
JP1981 is an unknown quantity at this point

HI Ireland2canada,
Thanks for your response, its great to know that you got people who could help you with your queries. i feel better now, all i have to do now is sitback and wait for the 90 day letter i guess.
Old Oct 27th 2008, 4:40 am
Forum Regular

Pebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nice

Hi JP1981,

Another Feb 07 applicant here, I guess we must be in a similar place back down the queue. Good to have you here.

We also have some changes to notify since the SAP, but I'm sure I read not to notify CIC of any changes (except for changes of address) before they request documents from you.

It is wonderful to see some movement on the SAP applications. Still just the 90 days then? I thought they might change it to 120 days

Can anyone share the list of what is requested? Or confirm if the documents are just the same as the old check list for full applications?

I think it might be time to start collecting up some documents, that's quite exciting, though will no doubt become a pain.
Old Oct 27th 2008, 6:12 am

Panic Alert

After 2 years of waiting and worrying......I got my 90 day letter today. Application filed in London 26 Sept 2006, AOR dated 15 Dec 2006, 90 day letter dated 27 Oct 2008. They have given a deadline of 27 Jan 2009.

I am over the moon & appalled at the same time, now it's time to get serious! I am terrified that they will reject me. Thankfully I have a whole folder made up with most of the paperwork required - here is a quick list of what they ask for in case anyone wants to know.

Full application forms
Photographs x 2 & birth cert
Educational evidence
Work experience docs - 10 years worth
Language ability
Proving you have a relative
Funds
Police certs
Copy of passport

Best of luck to everyone else waiting for their 90 day letter, it could be on it's way much sooner than you think!
Old Oct 27th 2008, 7:05 am
Forum Regular

Jaysuper is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ireland2canada
Panic Alert

After 2 years of waiting and worrying......I got my 90 day letter today. Application filed in London 26 Sept 2006, AOR dated 15 Dec 2006, 90 day letter dated 27 Oct 2008. They have given a deadline of 27 Jan 2009.

I am over the moon & appalled at the same time, now it's time to get serious! I am terrified that they will reject me. Thankfully I have a whole folder made up with most of the paperwork required - here is a quick list of what they ask for in case anyone wants to know.

Full application forms
Educational evidence
Language ability
Funds
Police certs
Copy of passport

Best of luck to everyone else waiting for their 90 day letter, it could be on it's way much sooner than you think!
Hi Ireland2Canada,

I am thrilled for you. Congrats on your 90 days letter. It's an assurance that they are also looking at the simplified application. Great news. Enjoy your champagne.

Jaysuper
Old Oct 27th 2008, 7:28 am
Forum Regular

Tempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really nice

Panic Alert

Full application forms
Educational evidence
Language ability
Funds
Police certs
Copy of passport

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Seriously swinging from freaked out to excited now! Def going to spending most of our evenings figuring out our application before receiving the letter... i guess any day now!

eeek!
Old Oct 27th 2008, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by Jaysuper
Hi Ireland2Canada,

I am thrilled for you. Congrats on your 90 days letter. It's an assurance that they are also looking at the simplified application. Great news. Enjoy your champagne.

Jaysuper
Thanks very much, that's very kind. Although I have the landing funds to worry about now so no champers here...I'll have to stick to the cider

Originally Posted by Tempest
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Seriously swinging from freaked out to excited now! Def going to spending most of our evenings figuring out our application before receiving the letter... i guess any day now!

eeek!
And thank you too....I applied 2 days before you....so get those documents sorted ASAP! Off now to refresh my memory on the police cert situation.
Old Oct 27th 2008, 8:19 am
BE Enthusiast

TheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond repute

Wow Ireland2Canada, these 90 day letters seem to be coming in quicker and quicker...better start saving my proof of funds! Did you apply through the London office?

Regarding all our proof of funds, hope the pound doesn't go down against the Canadian dollar like it has against the US! (shouldn't as the Loonie is a commodity currency, and commodities are in freefall).
Old Oct 27th 2008, 8:46 am
Forum Regular

LynseySmith is a jewel in the roughLynseySmith is a jewel in the roughLynseySmith is a jewel in the roughLynseySmith is a jewel in the roughLynseySmith is a jewel in the rough

Thanks very much, that's very kind. Although I have the landing funds to worry about now so no champers here...I'll have to stick to the cider

And thank you too....I applied 2 days before you....so get those documents sorted ASAP! Off now to refresh my memory on the police cert situation.
Excellent news! Have one for me
Old Oct 27th 2008, 9:02 am
Forum Regular

Pebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nice

Panic Alert

Full application forms
Educational evidence
Language ability
Funds
Police certs
Copy of passport

Congratulations Ireland2Canada

Thank you for sharing that info, I was really curious to know what they asked for and how long you get to get it all to them. Hope it all goes smoothly for you. Cheers, enjoy that cider.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.