Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

(SAP) Simplified Application Process & 90 day Info/Data/Tracker

(SAP) Simplified Application Process & 90 day Info/Data/Tracker

Old Oct 28th 2008, 2:35 am
BE Enthusiast

delsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud of
Default Re: (SAP) Simplified Application Process & 90 day Info/Data/Tracker

Originally Posted by Tempest
Just found this on the search about someone else who had missing P60's...
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=561865
hope it helps...
Many thanks for this Tempest - makes me feel a bit easier. I am terrible for this kind of stuff and this is a lesson learned.

I will cross my fingers and hope I can get P60 duplicates issues. Only worked for two companies since leaving uni so should not be too bad.
Old Oct 28th 2008, 2:37 am
BE Enthusiast

delsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jazzflute
I'm a bit worried... I applied under SAP in Oct 06, and in Jan 07 was adivsed "do not expect to hear anything before 45 months..", which at the time seemed a lifetime away. Anyway, to the point, I've decided to change career in the hope of getting a job offer in NS and will be starting a 2 year grad nursing diploma from April 09. So now I want the time to drag in order that I can get my qualification. Can somebody please enlighten me - i.e after the 90 day letter, how long does it roughly take then to final processing? Please help!! Julie
Well if this keep going as fast as they currently are you will still be doing the same job when you send back the 90 day info so that should not be an issue.

After that you only need to stay in Canada 2 years in every 5 to maintain PR so I believe you could go and land then come back and do your nursing diploma and then move over.
Old Oct 28th 2008, 7:58 am
BE Enthusiast

TheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond repute

Think the whole 45 month thing has thrown everyone...I've been a bit lax in my savings and am going to have beg borrow and steal to make sure I have enough for the proof of funds if the 90 day leter arives 2 years after applications sent in!!
Old Oct 28th 2008, 10:04 am
Forum Regular

Tempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really nice

Originally Posted by TheBear
Think the whole 45 month thing has thrown everyone...I've been a bit lax in my savings and am going to have beg borrow and steal to make sure I have enough for the proof of funds if the 90 day leter arives 2 years after applications sent in!!
I think my problem is now it's coming closer is not necessarily the proof of funds... it's the money to realistically make the dream happen that's worrying us more!

To think the you prob need £1.5-£2 k a month to make life nice and you may end up being unemployed/on realiable temp work for 3 - 6 months it's making us realise that we serioulsy ned to buck our ideas up! at least we know what will be on our xmas list this year... canadian $'s!! lol
Old Oct 28th 2008, 10:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Robin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond repute

This is really exciting news. I can see that we are going to have to get moving on collating all our info into a folder for when our turn comes.

I really didn't expect the ball to be rolling this quickly and we may even have to land and come back in order to work my time out in my job to ensure pension elligiblity.

.....And I am working my way towards an 'A' level in French in evening classes, currently working on the 'AS' level having just completed a GCSE, so when it comes to proving language ability I might not even scrape through with 2 points for basic french at this rate. Let's hope we won't need it!

Good luck to everyone....and thanks for posting basic info on what to include....I'd better consult the CIC pages for how my brother can prove that he is a Canadian citizen and resides in Canada........
Old Oct 28th 2008, 8:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

debbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of light

Do we think they are sending out 3 months worth of 90 days, and the delay is actually going to be the processing time after they receive our full applications? I can't see how they are going to process such a huge amount?! Or are they expecting an awful lot of people to drop out at this stage?
I feel a bit like eeyore this morning.... but at least there's a chance we'll have our 90 day before christmas, which I definitely wasn't expecting. (And OH finds out on 14 Nov if he has a job in Canada next year...) It's going to be really interesting to see when the first med request is sent!
I can't belief how many 90 days have been issued - those of you holding Sep/ Oct AORs and no 90 day must be about ready to mug the postman!
Old Oct 28th 2008, 11:16 pm
Just Joined

zoaxe is an unknown quantity at this point

hi., all i am waiting for march 2007 which is not seem too far by this speed ...

can some body explain plz ...when we send update they give us points according to update or according to 1st application .......

e.g education which was in progress but not complete so cant say its complete in 1st application but it is now so ll they award points for that as well or not if we update them for it.

2ndly part time exprince during studies worth any thing or not.
thanx
Old Oct 28th 2008, 11:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yea well my proof of funds was house equity which has now become negative equity!

This is something I am quite worried about as obviously we had no insight of current financial times two years ago.

As someone else said.. about having to save for the months with no work or unreliable jobs. Well we have decided we cannot do that so aim to use the PR to get a job and not necessarily move out until we have one. At least companies will take you more seriously with a PR rather than one pending!
Old Oct 29th 2008, 1:34 am
Account Closed

Jazzflute is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by delsol79
Well if this keep going as fast as they currently are you will still be doing the same job when you send back the 90 day info so that should not be an issue.

After that you only need to stay in Canada 2 years in every 5 to maintain PR so I believe you could go and land then come back and do your nursing diploma and then move over.
A good idea I guess, but I'm personally hoping that the processing time will be dragged out for a couple of more years for myself as I really need to start the course next year! I reckon we are all getting a bit overexcited at the thought of receiving the 90 day letters, it couldn't possibly be the case that processing will move super quick - or could it?!!!!!
Old Oct 29th 2008, 1:58 am
BE Enthusiast

TheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond repute

If anything the processing will be longer I guess as the original app was shorter. I still reckon from the start of your 90 day period to getting a visa stamped in your passport will be no more than a year. You then have a year to land (so could wait till 364 days I guess), then I'm not sure about after that, I know you have to do be in Canada for 3 out of 5 years to keep your PR, but is that from the landing or granting of visa?
Old Oct 29th 2008, 2:07 am
Account Closed

Jazzflute is an unknown quantity at this point

If anything the processing will be longer I guess as the original app was shorter. I still reckon from the start of your 90 day period to getting a visa stamped in your passport will be no more than a year. You then have a year to land (so could wait till 364 days I guess), then I'm not sure about after that, I know you have to do be in Canada for 3 out of 5 years to keep your PR, but is that from the landing or granting of visa?
Oh yes - I too am very very confused!! Your thoughts have reassured me somewhat though - the bit about it taking about a year to process and then having a year to land - which would fit in perfectly with my plans - but life is never that straightforward! I don't know why I'm getting nerves as yet as I haven't even received a 90 day letter!!! Good luck to you all who have under SAP. Julie
Old Oct 29th 2008, 2:19 am

ireland2canada is an unknown quantity at this point

You then have a year to land (so could wait till 364 days I guess), then I'm not sure about after that, I know you have to do be in Canada for 3 out of 5 years to keep your PR, but is that from the landing or granting of visa?
Yea, you get a year in which to land from the date of your medicals.
To maintain PR you need to spend a total of two years out of any five years in Canada.

Well you certainly get points for being optimistic I would dearly love it if the process was speedier, but I doubt it will. There is still a preposterous backlog in London, the rules have been tightened up & the SAP is an unknown entity to all of us. Add to that the fact that the skilled worker quota was actually reduced to take account of the CEC class and increases in the PNP quotas.

Not that I am trying to be negative here, I'm in the queue and would love to be processed swiftly. In fact if you are right, I will cheerfully shake your hand! I just don't see that the SAP will be any quicker than the old system, the same processing will have to be done regardless.
Old Oct 29th 2008, 2:43 am
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ireland2canada
To maintain PR you need to spend a total of two years out of any five years in Canada.

Well you certainly get points for being optimistic I would dearly love it if the process was speedier, but I doubt it will. There is still a preposterous backlog in London, the rules have been tightened up & the SAP is an unknown entity to all of us. Add to that the fact that the skilled worker quota was actually reduced to take account of the CEC class and increases in the PNP quotas.

Not that I am trying to be negative here, I'm in the queue and would love to be processed swiftly. In fact if you are right, I will cheerfully shake your hand! I just don't see that the SAP will be any quicker than the old system, the same processing will have to be done regardless.
I agree. I think processing the SAP could potentially be longer than the old system. Because in the old system they would go through your file of information when they were ready and then ask you for updates and missing information. Now you get 90 days to file your whole application of information and then if you have anything missing they will have to come back to you, so in that respect there is another stage.

My understanding is one of the key reasons for bringing in the Simplified Aplication Process was that there was serious capacity issues at CIC for storing the backlog so it was easier to ask for the documents when needed rather than hang on to potentially out of date documents for years and years.

I am encouraged by the postings I have seen on here saying they have hired another 20 people to help get through the applications. Although I am not sure where this information originally came from.

I think a key question, which I cannot answer, is did applications for Canada rise when the SAP was bought in or did it stay the same or drop? If they rose then it is easy to send out lots of 90 day letters but they will then get inundated with paperwork to go through.

I am not overly worried about the Canadian Election affecting the processing in the short term (next 6 months) because, as we all know, implementation of changes by goverment organisations isn't reknowned for being particularly quick. Also you can see by the waiting times on CIC that the backlog at London isn't half as bad as some of the other processing centres who I think will be more affected by change.

I have always felt that the 45 months in the AOR letter was worst case scenario so that people would stop disturbing them and their backs would be covered. Going by track it and postings it seems to be around 3 years going through London.

Anyway I applied in January 2007 and I am positively telling myself by this time next year I will be much closer to Canada.
Old Oct 29th 2008, 2:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ireland2canada

Good point, I was thinking about citizenship...need three years out of 4 or 5, or something like that.

Does anyone know if the 5 years begins on landing or granting of the visa?
Old Oct 29th 2008, 3:13 am

ireland2canada is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by James Martindale
I agree. I think processing the SAP could potentially be longer than the old system. Because in the old system they would go through your file of information when they were ready and then ask you for updates and missing information. Now you get 90 days to file your whole application of information and then if you have anything missing they will have to come back to you, so in that respect there is another stage.

Or will they? Maybe they will just dump any files that are incomplete or seen as not providing conclusive evidence to the back of the queue. Scary.

My understanding is one of the key reasons for bringing in the Simplified Aplication Process was that there was serious capacity issues at CIC for storing the backlog so it was easier to ask for the documents when needed rather than hang on to potentially out of date documents for years and years.

Agreed. I look on it as this - get the business in the door, make no promises to anyone & take your pick of the applicants.

I am encouraged by the postings I have seen on here saying they have hired another 20 people to help get through the applications. Although I am not sure where this information originally came from.

I think a key question, which I cannot answer, is did applications for Canada rise when the SAP was bought in or did it stay the same or drop? If they rose then it is easy to send out lots of 90 day letters but they will then get inundated with paperwork to go through.

Yea, I'd be interested in that myself. It isn't infeasible to think that people would have applied SAP just to get a spot in the queue, after all that's kinda the point. Whether they all choose to see the process through is another matter.
I am thrilled to have received my 90 day letter, but my expectations are realistic. We cannot forget the quotas here. London can bash out as many 90 day letters & med requests as they can manage, but there are only so many visas to be issued each year. That's the sort of stats I would like to see.

I am not overly worried about the Canadian Election affecting the processing in the short term (next 6 months) because, as we all know, implementation of changes by goverment organisations isn't reknowned for being particularly quick. Also you can see by the waiting times on CIC that the backlog at London isn't half as bad as some of the other processing centres who I think will be more affected by change.

The Canadian election scares the bejeezus out of me! They can move the goal posts anytime they like (and rightly so I suppose) and, most importantly, apply any new changes retrospectively. *shudder*
I remember Andrew commenting once that the London office is not the worst by a long shot. The danger there is that resources are more likely to allocated to the worst offices first.

I have always felt that the 45 months in the AOR letter was worst case scenario so that people would stop disturbing them and their backs would be covered. Going by track it and postings it seems to be around 3 years going through London.

Anyway I applied in January 2007 and I am positively telling myself by this time next year I will be much closer to Canada.

Fingers crossed eh?
I just realised I sound like a right doom & gloom merchant here Nothing could be further from the truth.......yay for immigration

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.