Wikiposts

Ridiculously long process!!!

Old May 23rd 2005, 4:46 am
ABW
No driving taxi as 11/06

ABW is on a distinguished road
Question Re: Ridiculously long process!!!

Supposedly RPC Buffalo has an annual quota of 20,000 visas; what will happen to the number 20,001 [un]lucky person (with 72 points and everything checked out as far as security clearance, background, credentials, etc.)?

Will they just automatically deny his/her visa? :scared:

I am just curious. Thank You
Old May 23rd 2005, 4:52 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ridiculously long process!!!

No, nobody will be denied. If visa post approves in any year more applications then number of visas they can issue then the surplus of cases will simply wait till next year and have visas issued from next year's quotas. This is quite normal situation in most visa posts as resources and staffing are more than adequate to meet targets. Many visa posts reach their annual quota by October/November each year, some even in late September.

Originally Posted by ABW
Supposedly RPC Buffalo has an annual quota of 20,000 visas; what will happen to the number 20,001 [un]lucky person (with 72 points and everything checked out as far as security clearance, background, credentials, etc.)?

Will they just automatically deny his/her visa? :scared:

I am just curious. Thank You
Old May 23rd 2005, 7:20 am
Gone Walkabout

Scouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really nice

Originally Posted by Usa_indian
Scouse, Please do a research about the facts of India...
Good idea...I suggest you follow your own advice.

If you want to call me a racist (usual attack/response from people who feel they are not getting their own way)......do it.

If not, keep you mouth shut.....you do not know me, and you never will.

Last edited by Scouse; May 23rd 2005 at 8:27 am.
Old May 23rd 2005, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

samon is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Scouse
Good idea...I suggest you follow your own advice.

If you want to call me a racist (usual attack/response from people who feel they are not getting their own way)......do it.

If not, keep you mouth shut.....you do not know me, and you never will.
Please scouse, we are trying to find a solution to problem and not mud slinging at each other. No one will or can know where one another is.
In any case all are more concerned about self to pay attention to irrelevant comments.
Major topic is, why is there such a long processing system at few or most of the centers, and in the process is it not a waste, after all the labour put in by the CHC staff and applicants, due to the long process both lose. The applicant out of frustration chooses another destination, and the staff at CHC after all the hard work finding a fully fit case looses it to someone else?
I mean top brass at CHC is not concerned as there are many more applicants to fill the quota, and the applicant has another destination(UK/ Australia etc) to choose from, but the TIME wasted and all the futility of the whole exercise. Who gains? As already been said Buffalo applicants do it as a back up(2 of my relatives have done it from Buffalo, they got the Canadian PR, but have no plan to shift, one of them got the USA green card) so are they not wasting the quota, depriving the genuine applicants, who can really contribute to the economy/growth of Canada, a chance?
That is why I said Canada looses a lot this way, should not more realism be injected into the system?
People have started calling me a fool to have waited for so many years, as matter of fact when I was on a crash course at the British Council at N.Delhi for IELTS, the tutor had asked me when I was planning to take the PLAB(UK), when my reply was MCC(Canada), her reply was a simple OH!
I know a friend of mine who has cleared his MCCEE from Oman a year back, but still waiting as he cannot start without the PR. I had no option but to wait. Now is this not a waste of talent?
Old May 23rd 2005, 7:51 pm
Red pill or Blue Pill?

GOBLIN will become famous soon enoughGOBLIN will become famous soon enough

Now that this thread is finally going the way it was intended to be. All the people who are affectd by the long processing times, please give your suggestions/ opinions on how the processing can be done differently keeping in mind quicker processing times and equitable treatment of all applicants, regardless of their location.
In my opinion Canada should move all their PR visa processing to a processing centre in Canada instead of putting the burden on CHC's which has a limited number of staff processing everything from temp visas to PR visas. This will do away with the inefficiency and corruption( if the news articles are to be believed).
Also the provincial nominee programs have a lot of potential if they start taking in larger numbers of people with skills required in their regions. Presently the PNP's( i think) are taking in a very small percentage of people, when the need is much higher. If more people qualify under the PNP's then some of the load will shift and there can be a reduction in processing times. on order to do this the provinces need to relax their eligibility criteria. Most new migrants have a toughtime getting their first job in Canada after they land and the PNP's expect them to have a job offer before they apply. Just does'nt seem practical in most cases. Also the PNP's do not seem very well managed or efficient. One example is the Manitoba PNP Community Support Stream. they have given the Community Support stream as one way to Qualify but still have given no details or guidelines on it. When e-mailed with a query all they do is reply with an automated e mail without any useful information.
Another thing the CIC could do is issue more temporary work visas, entrepreneur visas(conditional) and only grant PR to people who have been successfully settled down later on.
There can be a lot of solutions if only the CIC decides to do something about the plight of applicants who have to wait upto 5 years.
This thread is intended for people to speak up and voice their concern. No matter where you are from, please let yourselves be heard, if you do not speak up then you will always be taken for granted.
Old May 23rd 2005, 10:09 pm
Forum Regular

juliusmaximus is a jewel in the roughjuliusmaximus is a jewel in the roughjuliusmaximus is a jewel in the roughjuliusmaximus is a jewel in the rough

The actual processing of most cases are probably taking only a couple of months ( maybe even weeks or days ), the rest is waiting in line till quota allows.
Andrew was right on that, it's up to the politicians to allow more or less newcomers , speed of handling applications is not relevant.
Old May 24th 2005, 1:47 am
Forum Regular

matty266 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by juliusmaximus
The actual processing of most cases are probably taking only a couple of months ( maybe even weeks or days ), the rest is waiting in line till quota allows.
Andrew was right on that, it's up to the politicians to allow more or less newcomers , speed of handling applications is not relevant.
I agree with you and Andrew

If you were to look into canadian econmy and the increase in capital and growth that the country has it would be the canadian people that would suffer from just agreeing straight away to letting everyone in even if they do qualify.

The government has to match growth against the workforce from canadian citiziens and immigrants, and i think there is no other way than quotas to keep an estabilshed and diverse economy alive.

We cant blame a government that is keeping the welfare of its people as a priororty, hence why a lot of people want to immigrate.

It is frustrating for people who are waiting but unfortunatley that will not change, as all of us in the forum have had different wait times. Sad but true i think there is no other way.

Regards
Matty266
Old May 24th 2005, 2:15 am
ABW
No driving taxi as 11/06

ABW is on a distinguished road
Question Re: Ridiculously long process!!!

Dear Mr. Miller:
Is that why some folks get their AORs within a month or so while others get theirs four months later?
Thank You

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
No, nobody will be denied. If visa post approves in any year more applications then number of visas they can issue then the surplus of cases will simply wait till next year and have visas issued from next year's quotas. This is quite normal situation in most visa posts as resources and staffing are more than adequate to meet targets. Many visa posts reach their annual quota by October/November each year, some even in late September.
Old May 24th 2005, 4:42 am
Forum Regular

True can be the processing in months for a PR as SW, but certainly not in weeks/days if you do not mean the number of weeks or days in a year?
In any case if it's entrepreneur class the preference is there
Old May 24th 2005, 5:03 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by matty266
I agree with you and Andrew

If you were to look into canadian econmy and the increase in capital and growth that the country has it would be the canadian people that would suffer from just agreeing straight away to letting everyone in even if they do qualify.

The government has to match growth against the workforce from canadian citiziens and immigrants, and i think there is no other way than quotas to keep an estabilshed and diverse economy alive.

We cant blame a government that is keeping the welfare of its people as a priororty, hence why a lot of people want to immigrate.

It is frustrating for people who are waiting but unfortunatley that will not change, as all of us in the forum have had different wait times. Sad but true i think there is no other way.

Regards
Matty266
The point is not changing the annual quota at all, it is the processing time which should be uniform or approximately uniform the world over.
This can be done by,
1 Regulating the number of applicants each year so that the quota is not exceeded. This way those who were not fortunate enough to make it in a particular year can reapply the next year or told that their case will be taken up the next year. So there will not be uncertainity in the time frames.
2 Centralised processing of all applications, so the question of preferance of one region over another does not arise. (Medicals/PC etc done at the local level)
3 Queue system to be uniform for all applicants irrespective of the post they had applied from.
4 If rejections are to be there than new applicants can be picked up from the waiting list and the applicant intimated of the intention, and if He/she is still interested or not for the further processing, if yes than the processing fees can be asked if no pick the next.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
By the way just out of curiosity, where is it mentioned that a particular number of new immigrants will be taken from a particular source country as per the population?
Old May 24th 2005, 5:46 am
Forum Regular

juliusmaximus is a jewel in the roughjuliusmaximus is a jewel in the roughjuliusmaximus is a jewel in the roughjuliusmaximus is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by samon
True can be the processing in months for a PR as SW, but certainly not in weeks/days if you do not mean the number of weeks or days in a year?
In any case if it's entrepreneur class the preference is there
I'm sure they can do it in weeks, do you really think they check everything in your file ? I doubt it. They probably pick out some applications randomly and check those thoroughly .
And about entrepreneur class ( where I'm in ) , I don't excactly know what you meant, but checking that class is , I'm sure, extremely difficult. Bottomline for that class should be the fact you owned a business for more than 5 years and have at least the net assets they ask you to have. Don't forget the entrepreneur visa is conditional, so, unless they want to protect you against yourself, they got nothing to lose by letting you in.
Old May 24th 2005, 6:39 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

HI

I'm sure they can do it in weeks, do you really think they check everything in your file ? I doubt it. They probably pick out some applications randomly and check those thoroughly .
And about entrepreneur class ( where I'm in ) , I don't excactly know what you meant, but checking that class is , I'm sure, extremely difficult. Bottomline for that class should be the fact you owned a business for more than 5 years and have at least the net assets they ask you to have. Don't forget the entrepreneur visa is conditional, so, unless they want to protect you against yourself, they got nothing to lose by letting you in.
Security checks for every applicant over 18, (some middle eastern countries 16) which can take 3 months to over a year depending on how receptive the applicants home country is. Verification of documents and qualifications from countries that have high fraud rates. Entrepeneurs, proof of how they obtained their funds, it all takes time.

PMM
Old May 24th 2005, 7:20 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by PMM
HI

Security checks for every applicant over 18, (some middle eastern countries 16) which can take 3 months to over a year depending on how receptive the applicants home country is. Verification of documents and qualifications from countries that have high fraud rates. Entrepeneurs, proof of how they obtained their funds, it all takes time.

PMM
Security checks are made every second of the day in every airport all over the world and are only a " click away ", you're in the system or you're not. And I doubt any "middle eastern" country will have more reliable information on that. So, unless they send out 007 in person to check it out , it shouldn't take longer than checking what's in the global system ( which I'm sure there is )
About entrepreneurs. Any accountant can check out balance sheets and financial statements and see how funds are obtained. If those are fraudulent, it will take more than an immigration officer to proof it. Besides, see what I wrote after " bottomline".
Cheers
Old May 24th 2005, 9:34 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Unfortunately security check takes much more than checking if you are already blacklisted as a bad guy. It looks deep into your background, activities and associations to see if you are or ever were involved or are or been associated with someone who is or was involved in espionage, terrorism, organized crime, crimes against humanity, etc. - only those who were already caught somewhere once may be on internationally available lists, there are tens of thousands of bad guys and gals who were so far lucky and didn't land yet on any list.

And yes, it sometimes involves old fashion spies to complete the check where it is necessary, especially in countries that don't share information or where such information is not reliable.

Security checks are made every second of the day in every airport all over the world and are only a " click away ", you're in the system or you're not. And I doubt any "middle eastern" country will have more reliable information on that. So, unless they send out 007 in person to check it out , it shouldn't take longer than checking what's in the global system ( which I'm sure there is )
About entrepreneurs. Any accountant can check out balance sheets and financial statements and see how funds are obtained. If those are fraudulent, it will take more than an immigration officer to proof it. Besides, see what I wrote after " bottomline".
Cheers
Old May 24th 2005, 8:38 pm
Red pill or Blue Pill?

GOBLIN will become famous soon enoughGOBLIN will become famous soon enough

Any country with an open door immigration policy needs to have quotas and limits.The point here is not whether canada should have quotas or not. Even the point that politicians should or should not allow more immigrants is irrelevant.
The point here is that why does'nt Canada have standard processing times for apllicants who have applied under the same category regardless of nationality or region.( keeping in mind the so called suspected fraud cases that may need extra verification or people with police records who may require security checks etc).
In places where CHC's take almost 5 years to process applications, more and more people are opting for Uk and Australia because of much quicker processing times. The people who have family/friends in Canada or people who want to be close to the United States have no other option but to endure the long processing times.
Maybe the low passmark is to be blamed or it is the annual quotas or the politicians or the IRPA or fraudulent applications or it is bigfoot, darth vader, mojo jo jo, etc etc...... whatever the reason. The fact is that some of us have to wait 5 years to get our darned PR's, can't we even hope that CIC do something about it???

Last edited by GOBLIN; May 24th 2005 at 8:51 pm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.