Wikiposts

Ridiculously long process!!!

Old May 19th 2005, 6:50 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ridiculously long process!!!

Where you have your data from?

Latest (from just before IRPA implementations) post-investigation reports done by CIC and obtained by press under Access to Information Act reported in many Canadian newspapers told a different story. And yes, India is not the largest source of fake credentials - China is with about 80% of applications rated as probably fraudulent and 45% plus proven to be fraudulent. India is the second with about 65% of suspected frauds and just under 40% proven frauds. I may be wrong by up to 5 percentage points either way as I don't have those reports saved and my memory may not serve me well.

Do the search yourself in the 2001 to 2003 newspaper articles in Canada and you'll find exact numbers.

Originally Posted by GOBLIN
Hello Scouse,

The fact is that there are some applicants who may be submitting forged documents, but these would not even amount to 5% of the total number of applicants from India. I'm sure its happening in other places as well and not just India.
It's the quota system as Andrew mentioned that causes the delays and not the CHC trying to detect forgeries.
Your belief is very different from what the facts are.

regards
GOBLIN
Old May 19th 2005, 7:23 am
Forum Regular

juliusmaximus is a jewel in the roughjuliusmaximus is a jewel in the roughjuliusmaximus is a jewel in the roughjuliusmaximus is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller

Latest (from just before IRPA implementations) post-investigation reports done by CIC and obtained by press under Access to Information Act reported in many Canadian newspapers told a different story. And yes, India is not the largest source of fake credentials - China is with about 80% of applications rated as probably fraudulent and 45% plus proven to be fraudulent. India is the second with about 65% of suspected frauds and just under 40% proven frauds. I may be wrong by up to 5 percentage points either way as I don't have those reports saved and my memory may not serve me well.

Do the search yourself in the 2001 to 2003 newspaper articles in Canada and you'll find exact numbers.
Wow ! .....just....wow !
Old May 19th 2005, 9:00 am
Just Joined

Igni is on a distinguished road

There's a thread killer thanks for the info.
Old May 19th 2005, 2:42 pm
Forum Regular

samon is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Scouse
Couldn't eat a whole one, though??!!
Shocking, Hi Cannibal how many have you eaten so far?
Old May 19th 2005, 2:46 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Igni
There's a thread killer thanks for the info.
A happy ending than??
I wonder if there are fakesters clever enough to guise as genuine than they are better than the genuine...
Old May 19th 2005, 6:21 pm
Red pill or Blue Pill?

GOBLIN will become famous soon enoughGOBLIN will become famous soon enough

Where are you getting your figures from Andrew? What there could be thousands of articles between 2001-2003. Could you please e mail this article to me if you find it? I find it hard to believe (65% fraudulent cases). Which visa categories are you talking about? Have these been officially endorsed ny the CHC in India.
I find this very hard to believe Andrew, and would definitely like to see these articles myself and then comment on them.
However you are dodging my questions in the earlier posts.
So what according to you is the *actual* reason for Indians and Chinese applicants being made to wait for upto 4 years?
In your first post you blamed the Thousands of applicants who want to move to Canada for the long processing times.
in another post you blamed the IRPA, the low passmark, the ethnic lobbyists etc.
Plain and simple Andrew- Do you really blame the "thousands" of Indian and Chinese applicants for driving up the processing time for canadian Skilled PR visas or do you acknowledge the fact that the system or program needs to be well managed to reduce processing times?

regards
GOBLIN
Old May 19th 2005, 6:24 pm
Red pill or Blue Pill?

Originally Posted by Scouse
Couldn't eat a whole one, though??!!
If you like spicy food, go ahead give ot a try!
Old May 19th 2005, 6:40 pm
Red pill or Blue Pill?

Originally Posted by juliusmaximus
Sorry, but you missed my point.
Dear juliusmaximus

i was'nt referring to you in this post. If you really wanna find the reasons for the high number of Indians wanting to move to Canada, there is no simple answer to that.
you see India is very very diverse. Apart from the high population the cultural and geographical diversity would be mind boggling to a foreigner. There could be a lot of reasons why people want to migrate to Canada.
I could give you some reasons but it's just my opinion and not necessarily accurate.
1. To be with family or friends
2. To have a better quality of life ( uncongested, low pollution etc)
3. Business oppurtunities, proximity to the US and Europe.
4. Better education for their kids etc.

A major factor that makes young people opt for a life abroad is the competition. Every other person is a Bachelors degree holder or an MBA or other higher qualification. Even though the unemployment rate is going down in the cities, people have better standards of living than in the 90's , the jobe market is fiercely competetive.
It's not only Canada but also USA, Australia, UK, NZ etc that are even more popular destinations to migrate to for Indians.

regards
GOBLIN
Old May 19th 2005, 7:12 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

What you want to fix?! And why you complain about New Delhi only? It is not the slowest visa post. Applicants in Beijing, Damascus or even Ankara wait much longer than applicants in New Delhi.

There is not a chance, regardless how much you or anyone else would want it to have annual quotas increased to accomodate current number of those who want to immigrate to Canada. If quotas won't change and pass mark remains low then processing times will only grow as CHC New Delhi or any other visa post won't be allowed to issue more visas than their annual allocation is, period.

So, the only solution is to raise the pass mark to the level that will bring down number of qualifying applicants closer to the annual targets. But this is not what you want, or is it?

I painted you large picture behind reasons for pass mark being lowered and low pass mark is the real culprit here. As a result of low pass mark 5+ times more than annual targets are applying every years in India and even more in China. So, what to blame, chicken or egg? This is a chain reaction of simple supply and demand effect. Low pass mark creates more applicants, more applicants result in longer processing times. Annual targets won't change more than a fraction each year, in reality remaining constant.

I'm sure that you can think logically and see what and why is happening. If we have 4 factors - pass mark, annual quota (the only constant factor), number of qualified applicants and processing time then it is easy to see what happens if pass mark goes down, isn't it?

And as the only factor that can be managed is pass mark then raising it will reduce number of applicants and processing times, lowering it will raise the number of applicants and processing times will get longer. Simple. Low pass mark creates larger demand, supply (quotas) remains constant thus waiting gets longer.

The rest of discussion was about reasons behind lowering the pass mark from original 75 points (that kept number of applicants only slightly above targets) to 67 points. I was not blaming anyone - I was showing you who may be blamed for reasons behind changes in factors discussed.

But seems that you didn't really understand it or didn't want to understand it.

Maybe it is time for you to tell us what in your opinion needs to be changed to reduce processing times? Remember than annual targets won't change.

Stopping accepting applications once they reach level sufficient to meet annual targets? Can you imagine line-ups for weeks if not months at the gates of CHC New Delhi and other visa posts before the say visa posts start accepting applications for next year? Can you imagine corruption and other bad things outside those gates? If someone wants to immigrate to Canada then it really doesn't matter if he or she waits with application in hand at the gates of visa post hoping that he or she will be able to submit application this or next time or if she or he waits having application already in process.

Any other ideas?

As for fraud numbers - it was an internal CIC investigation report that has been obtained by media under AIA and reported in press and other media sometimes back in 2001 or 2002 and I remember quite well the range of percentages as wqe have discussed it at that time in this forum as well. Do your search and you'll find it. And you will also find in that report that those behind corruption in CHC New Delhi and other visa posts were local employees who just couldn't resist "opportunities". And please don't tell me that it is impossible that Indian employees in CHC New Delhi (or Chinese in Beijing) could ever be corrupted.

And please don't even try to insinuate that I blame Indians - you asked for reasons behind long processing times in New Delhi and I replied that the reason is large number of Indian applicants applying at the same time. So, it is quite simple, not racist and not "regionalistic" in any way to say that yes, too many Indians applying in New delhi are the reason behind longer processing times. Because it is not the number of Chinese, Russians, Pakistanis, Iranians and so on who are responsible for long processing times in New Delhi. Qualified in huge numbers Indians are. Just like too many qualified and eager to immigrate to Canada Chinese are responsible for long processing times in visa post in China, Russians in Moscow, etc.

So, please don't play any racism cards with me as I hate racism with every cell of my body - but I hate reverse racism and those who use racism cards in arguments even more.

And for your information - in past several years about 40% to 50% of my clients were and still are Indian nationals. Not residing in India though (maybe few a year only), mostly from UK, USA and Middle East. I have more Indian clients from Australia than from India. And I'm getting them all through. So, don't even try to say that I may be biased against Indian nationals.

I also think that this thread reached it's end long ago.

Where are you getting your figures from Andrew? What there could be thousands of articles between 2001-2003. Could you please e mail this article to me if you find it? I find it hard to believe (65% fraudulent cases). Which visa categories are you talking about? Have these been officially endorsed ny the CHC in India.
I find this very hard to believe Andrew, and would definitely like to see these articles myself and then comment on them.
However you are dodging my questions in the earlier posts.
So what according to you is the *actual* reason for Indians and Chinese applicants being made to wait for upto 4 years?
In your first post you blamed the Thousands of applicants who want to move to Canada for the long processing times.
in another post you blamed the IRPA, the low passmark, the ethnic lobbyists etc.
Plain and simple Andrew- Do you really blame the "thousands" of Indian and Chinese applicants for driving up the processing time for canadian Skilled PR visas or do you acknowledge the fact that the system or program needs to be well managed to reduce processing times?

regards
GOBLIN

Last edited by Andrew Miller; May 19th 2005 at 7:38 pm.
Old May 19th 2005, 7:53 pm
GO FLAMES GO!!!!

Steve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to behold

Goblin, the wait time is what it is, you won't change it, we have just passed our first AOR aniversary, we don't even bother checking e client anymore, theres no point in getting wound up by the long wait, we like you used to be annoyed by the amount of time it takes to hear again from the CHC, it put extra pressure on the two of us but now if it's meant to be we will hear and our time will come.

Just chill get on with your life don't put things on hold getting more and more frustrated it will just eat you up.

One final point every post I have seen from Andrew has been sharp and to the point from anyone who has required his what looks like to me expert knowledge, please don't knock the guy, he doesn't get paid for doing this, and by the way before you ask, no we are not one of his clients.

Best wishes Steve and Tanya
Old May 19th 2005, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Steve&Tanya
Goblin, the wait time is what it is, you won't change it, we have just passed our first AOR aniversary, we don't even bother checking e client anymore, theres no point in getting wound up by the long wait, we like you used to be annoyed by the amount of time it takes to hear again from the CHC, it put extra pressure on the two of us but now if it's meant to be we will hear and our time will come.

Just chill get on with your life don't put things on hold getting more and more frustrated it will just eat you up.

One final point every post I have seen from Andrew has been sharp and to the point from anyone who has required his what looks like to me expert knowledge, please don't knock the guy, he doesn't get paid for doing this, and by the way before you ask, no we are not one of his clients.

Thank you Dear Steve and Tanya,
A truly beffiting end, with a very happy note.
It was just debating dear duo, it was not meant to be personal against anyone. We live in a wonderful world where we can share our views or concerns with others, but not always agree with one another is human nature.
In the end we are all waiting and I would like to see all through at the earliest.
Please sorry if I have offended any one, it was not the intention, I just wanted a healthy discusion.
Thank you.
Old May 19th 2005, 8:39 pm
Red pill or Blue Pill?

Mr. Miller

Please read this carefully it will clear any misunderstandings

1. I am not accusing you or anyone of being racist or even hinting at it. all the posts are evidence of this and are open for anyone to read them.

2. The "regionalism" remark was made by someone else, so please discuss that with him/her if you wish.

3. if I believed you to be racist, i would have ended this debate long ago.

4. In your effort to be defensive (which is not even required in my opinion) you are accusing me of reverse racism and playing racism cards which is not true and is quite unexpected from a person of your repute.

5. I really do not appreciate false accusations Mr. Miller.

And please don't even try to insinuate that I blame Indians - you asked for reasons behind long processing times in New Delhi and I replied that the reason is large number of Indian applicants applying at the same time. So, it is quite simple, not racist and not "regionalistic" in any way to say that yes, too many Indians applying in New delhi are the reason behind longer processing times. Because it is not the number of Chinese, Russians, Pakistanis, Iranians and so on who are responsible for long processing times in New Delhi. Qualified in huge numbers Indians are. Just like too many qualified and eager to immigrate to Canada Chinese are responsible for long processing times in visa post in China, Russians in Moscow, etc.

So, please don't play any racism cards with me as I hate racism with every cell of my body - but I hate reverse racism and those who use racism cards in arguments even more.
Old May 19th 2005, 9:07 pm
Red pill or Blue Pill?

There are inconsistencies in what you say Mr. Miller, please take a look:

And please don't even try to insinuate that I blame Indians
But if number of applicants in India is 4 to 6 times larger than annual quota then expect long processing times. Don't blame Canada, blame others who want to move out of India at the same time you want.
It is nothing to do with "system" and all to do with huge number of applicants from India who want to come to Canada.
Please standd by what you have said!

Please refrain from accusing people without valid reasons

My intention was and is to have a healthy discussion/debate. Before it gets any worse I end this discussion right here Mr. Miller.

Have a nice day

regards
GOBLIN
Old May 19th 2005, 9:19 pm
Red pill or Blue Pill?

Originally Posted by Steve&Tanya
Goblin, the wait time is what it is, you won't change it, we have just passed our first AOR aniversary, we don't even bother checking e client anymore, theres no point in getting wound up by the long wait, we like you used to be annoyed by the amount of time it takes to hear again from the CHC, it put extra pressure on the two of us but now if it's meant to be we will hear and our time will come.Just chill get on with your life don't put things on hold getting more and more frustrated it will just eat you up.

Dear Steve & Tanya
I understand that there is nothing that can be done about the processing times except to speculate and voice your opinion on it. This is exactly what I was doing when Mr. Miller made this comment abot blaming it on the Indians and Chinese which I did not agree with. I am just trying to discuss and tell him that I do not think that he has a valid point. I have read several of his posts and know that he really helps out people with his experience and knowledge and i give him full credit for that. In fact i think he has answered a couple of my questions befor as well and I really appreciate the good work he does for people on this forum.
But I did not agree with his comment of blaming the Indian and Chinese applicants and were having a debate when he gets all worked up and defensive and accuses me of reverse racism.This is something totally unrequired and unexpected coming from Mr.Miller.

Anyway guys all the best with your aplication!

regards
GOBLIN
Old May 20th 2005, 4:49 am
Forum Regular

2. The "regionalism" remark was made by someone else, so please discuss that with him/her if you wish.

Hello Goblin,
I think I need to clarify a few points.
1 It never was my intention, direct or oblique to give it a racist overtone.
I didn't even understand what reverse racism means.
2 'Ragionalism' well I was wondering why some geographical areas are being given preferential treatment over others. It could be in two distinct regions of Europe even, ie Paris over Moscow. Of course I was more concerned about CHC Delhi being slow, so I was wondering if it has anything to do with preferences. Not even in my wildest of dreams had I imagined it would snowball into such a major controversy.
3 When you wrote you are quitting, I put myself in your place and found the idea repulsive, after wasting so much of our precious time, energy for a new future and than call it all over just because of some misunderstanding. I wanted an explanation for this.
4 As for the majority of other contributers, the less said the better.
God bless all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.