Wikiposts

Ridiculously long process!!!

Old May 20th 2005, 5:57 pm
Red pill or Blue Pill?

GOBLIN will become famous soon enoughGOBLIN will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Ridiculously long process!!!

Hi Samy
I think it's just hopeless! I did some research on the internet through Canadian news articles after Andrew Miller spoke about fraudulent applications from India and China. Well I could not find anything related to fraudulent applicants( he claims 65% of all applications in Delhi are suspected frauds, without any evidence to back it up,, says he is quoting from newspaper articles) but I did find news articles about corrupt employees in CHC's around the world.( and it's not only locals like Andrew said but other staff as well). The whole situation is just pathetic.here's the link do rcheck it out

http://www.parl.gc.ca/37/1/parlbus/c...093_1035-E.htm

And people try to justify the suffering of applicants by quoting IRPA, pass mark etc or just blame the applicants for applying in high numbers. the fact is that the whole system is totally mismanaged and it is the applicants and their families who are paying the price . The immigration Consultants may try to justify this and I can understand why. But hey, atleast be a little sensitive towards the applicants and refrain from making rude comments. After all these are the people through whom you earn your daily bread and butter!
GOBLIN

GOBLIN
Originally Posted by samon
Hello Goblin,
I think I need to clarify a few points.
1 It never was my intention, direct or oblique to give it a racist overtone.
I didn't even understand what reverse racism means.
2 'Ragionalism' well I was wondering why some geographical areas are being given preferential treatment over others. It could be in two distinct regions of Europe even, ie Paris over Moscow. Of course I was more concerned about CHC Delhi being slow, so I was wondering if it has anything to do with preferences. Not even in my wildest of dreams had I imagined it would snowball into such a major controversy.
3 When you wrote you are quitting, I put myself in your place and found the idea repulsive, after wasting so much of our precious time, energy for a new future and than call it all over just because of some misunderstanding. I wanted an explanation for this.
4 As for the majority of other contributers, the less said the better.
God bless all.

Last edited by GOBLIN; May 20th 2005 at 7:00 pm.
Old May 20th 2005, 6:17 pm
Red pill or Blue Pill?

If anyone else wants to voice their opinion on the long process please feel free to post in this thread.
Old May 20th 2005, 6:30 pm
Red pill or Blue Pill?

Regardless of whetever justifications from immigration consultants etc I still want to voice my opinion that its is a ridiculously long process!!!!
Old May 20th 2005, 7:07 pm
Red pill or Blue Pill?

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
And you will also find in that report that those behind corruption in CHC New Delhi and other visa posts were local employees who just couldn't resist "opportunities". And please don't tell me that it is impossible that Indian employees in CHC New Delhi (or Chinese in Beijing) could ever be corrupted.
Check the links below and you will see that it is not just the local employees as you would like us to believe
http://www.parl.gc.ca/37/1/parlbus/c...093_1040-E.htm

http://www.freedomsite.org/cfirc/to_...hong_kong.html

it is pretty apparent from the article that it is not only the local employees that are corrupt but also the other staff, and to think that these are the very same people who are responsible for making decisions on your file and a big factor in your life. I would like to hear Mr. Miller's view on this one!!!

Last edited by GOBLIN; May 20th 2005 at 8:56 pm.
Old May 21st 2005, 6:46 am
Gone Walkabout

Scouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really nice

Goblin.

I don't want to fight. I don't want to argue. I wish you every success in your new venture.

I apologise if anything I have said offends you..peace and love!!

Scouse
Old May 21st 2005, 12:42 pm
xxx
Forum Regular

xxx is an unknown quantity at this point

just wondering ,

For example if there is a Quota system , like only x number of people to immigrate from a country say for example India ,

And a person applies from new delhi around 2002 , and another applies in buffalo in 2004 May, still the person who applied in buffalo (ofcourse he is of a indian origion ) will get his visa and the one applied in Delhi has to wait for atleast +2 years more than his counter part in Buffalo ,
Which is not fair , it is simply not the Quota based on Origion , it is also based on which post you applied
and all the people who apply in buffalo are using canada as just a backup to US ,
Don't blame just on people who are using Canda as backup , but what I heard and read canada wants immigrants only as highly educated labour , there is no real intention of hiring the immigrants in the fields they are experienced ,
Catch 22 is you need experiece to get the licence and you need licence to get experience ,
Old May 21st 2005, 2:46 pm
Forum Regular

samon is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by xxx
just wondering ,

Don't blame just on people who are using Canda as backup , but what I heard and read canada wants immigrants only as highly educated labour , there is no real intention of hiring the immigrants in the fields they are experienced ,
Catch 22 is you need experiece to get the licence and you need licence to get experience ,
In my opinion the people from USA are justified in using Canada as backup, as they are well settled in USA, but because USA has a long and uncertain procedure to grant a green card they have little option but to put safeguards in place.
2 It's not a catch 22 situation, what is required is just to clear some exam to get the licence and do a little orientation work in the form of internship/clerkship or whatever and than finlly settle down for the work.
Lets say if docs need to take exams than why should others be shy of it?
3 The policy is good, it has nothing to do with educated workers, till you get the licence to work in your profession ,you have to do some survival work, nothing wrong in it. So people misinterpret it as if Canada just wants highly educated workers. We again come to the point system I firmly believe it has been done as a balancing act, to tackle the needs of both professionals and Tradespersons. There is one system rather than multiple systems for different groups. Multiple system or abrupt changes in the system would have given the perception that Canada as destination is very unreliable.
4 I have read link you posted Goblin, yes indeed a shameful situation, what others say without any backing of facts is even more shameful, if the analysis of their psychology is done it can be due to any of the one conditions.
! Superiority complex(Self proclaimed)
!! Failure in profession, and so argutative without reasoning
!!! Frustration at not getting the desired results in life.
Finally the long processing times at the numerous posts world wide is surely frustrating, how to tackle this should be analysed in greater depth, without upsetting the present structure. Imaginative barriers in the name of raising the points to debar future applicants is no exwcuse, than it would be better to stop taking application all together.
5 Frauds are taking place not just in China, India but I presume the world over. It is not wise to single out any nation by NAME to be fraudulent, it seems the person is out of touch with reality.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please these are my personal opinions, not intended towards anyone in particular. I might be wrong at some or all the places.
Old May 21st 2005, 3:22 pm
xxx
Forum Regular

bottom line is ,
I lived in US for 6 + years , and I can get the job in MY field (IT) with in 3 weeks,
I don't know if in 3 years I will get a job in Canada ,

So I will stay in US untill there is no Way I will be able to get a US green Card,

But what is canada gaining in this process ? a 2000 Dollors which I paid for immigration ? It is just a peanuts compared to taxes what I pay in US ,
apart from that what I earn in US , I spend it for rent living expenses etc ,

I am ready to move to Canda if I get a suitable postion , ( both me and My wife are in IT and our indian IT experience is considered in US and we landed in jobs , we both had 2 + years experience in India and we have 3 + years US experience which is enough to migrate in Canda , i.e for the points ,

But to get a Job , nope ! We don't have a canada experience , I don't know what the difference will a US java programming experience will be different from the canda

I don't want to endup delivering pizzas , while I have good job ,

Anyways the purpose of this thread is different ,
my question is why does a person applied in Buffalo has priorty over that applied in India ?
Old May 21st 2005, 4:46 pm
Forum Regular

imagination92 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi xxx;;;;;I think its pretty straight forward that if your living in USA and apply at Buffalo....then you get the same priority as any american who would apply at Buffalo.....irespective of your race or origin.
i think its fair because imagine....if you apply in Buffalo and dont get same treatment as other american get....then i am sure you would be the one complaining...correct?
Buffalo dont have hight number of applicants that s why your cse processed faster...as this answered already before in previous posts.
Old May 21st 2005, 5:08 pm
xxx
Forum Regular

It is not what I complain ,

as you said the no of people who applied in Buffalo is less , they will be approved in a less time , while the people who applied in India are stading in the line more time ,
and in reality the ones who got approved in Buffalo had no intentions of go to canada , just a back up ,
so it will be just a long process to some ones and others just a backup
Old May 21st 2005, 5:25 pm
Every day is a new day...

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GOBLIN
Check the links below and you will see that it is not just the local employees as you would like us to believe
http://www.parl.gc.ca/37/1/parlbus/c...093_1040-E.htm

http://www.freedomsite.org/cfirc/to_...hong_kong.html

it is pretty apparent from the article that it is not only the local employees that are corrupt but also the other staff, and to think that these are the very same people who are responsible for making decisions on your file and a big factor in your life. I would like to hear Mr. Miller's view on this one!!!
U might be right in ur whole debate Goblin; but I wont agree to ur certain comments!
I am an Indian too and I have always beleived that CHC New Delhi is the worst High Commission in the whole world! It wasnt bad for me because I got my spouse visa within 3 months and 8 days; BUT, for SW class, they are a wreck....
Listen; I agree with Andrew that Indian High Commision probably has one of the largest applications coming in! and the fraud percentage would be beleivable, if u consider all classes of application, especially family class! U have no idea wat people do to come to Canada! where people can marry their own cousins or even real siblings; do u not think its "sick"? So, I completely agree with Andrew that the fraud cases would be almost close to 65%, provided u include the family class....
and also, Indians want to go to foreign lands for reasons more than listed by u.. India is a corrupt country, with everything out of order and no infrastructure at all!! People want to run away, to be honest.. Me, being and MBA, if I had applied for SW class, I would not just want to go away becuz I fear competition; Its becuz I want well-paid jobs.. and Indian system is a total failure! It might threaten to be a economic power some day; but that "some day" is not quickly to be seen.. its far from reality at the moment and it will never change if the corruption remains to the same level..

Anyways, probably I am going off track; but to be honest, its CICs fault to have the process this long, BUT, people are to blame too for all this.. fraudulent applications are the main reason for all the sh*t caused in India, along with the amount of applicants applying.

Also, Andrew is a person who has helped all the forum members by his truthful and honest advice.. ur infliction of him being a "wrong advice giver"( u didnt say it but ur comments allude to that) is not at all commendable! his help has got many a people respite in this immigration process..
u started the thread right, but this has brought so much acrimony along with it....
Old May 21st 2005, 6:57 pm
Red pill or Blue Pill?

Originally Posted by Scouse
Goblin.

I don't want to fight. I don't want to argue. I wish you every success in your new venture.

I apologise if anything I have said offends you..peace and love!!

Scouse
Scouse

No One is fighting or arguing. Everyone is just expressing their views/opinions. No need for an apology dude, everything's alright. Cool avatar, by the way!

GOBLIN
Old May 21st 2005, 9:00 pm
Red pill or Blue Pill?

Originally Posted by amancharan
U might be right in ur whole debate Goblin; but I wont agree to ur certain comments!
I am an Indian too and I have always beleived that CHC New Delhi is the worst High Commission in the whole world! It wasnt bad for me because I got my spouse visa within 3 months and 8 days; BUT, for SW class, they are a wreck....
Listen; I agree with Andrew that Indian High Commision probably has one of the largest applications coming in! and the fraud percentage would be beleivable, if u consider all classes of application, especially family class! U have no idea wat people do to come to Canada! where people can marry their own cousins or even real siblings; do u not think its "sick"? So, I completely agree with Andrew that the fraud cases would be almost close to 65%, provided u include the family class....
and also, Indians want to go to foreign lands for reasons more than listed by u.. India is a corrupt country, with everything out of order and no infrastructure at all!! People want to run away, to be honest.. Me, being and MBA, if I had applied for SW class, I would not just want to go away becuz I fear competition; Its becuz I want well-paid jobs.. and Indian system is a total failure! It might threaten to be a economic power some day; but that "some day" is not quickly to be seen.. its far from reality at the moment and it will never change if the corruption remains to the same level..

Anyways, probably I am going off track; but to be honest, its CICs fault to have the process this long, BUT, people are to blame too for all this.. fraudulent applications are the main reason for all the sh*t caused in India, along with the amount of applicants applying.

Also, Andrew is a person who has helped all the forum members by his truthful and honest advice.. ur infliction of him being a "wrong advice giver"( u didnt say it but ur comments allude to that) is not at all commendable! his help has got many a people respite in this immigration process..
u started the thread right, but this has brought so much acrimony along with it....
Hello Amy

I don't agree with most of your comments, here's why:

1) I know how desperate some people can get to obtain visas. I have heard about the "paper marriages" in order to get immigration benefits. Thesse are isolated incidents and I know they happen in one northern state in particular. The family class I don't know much about, the thread topic here is processing times for skilled economic workers application times. So family class is totally irrelevant here, dont you think? And saying that 65% of all skilled applicants from India are frauds is totally freakin wrong!!!

2) i know that there are many more reasons why poeple from India choose to go abroad if you read my post attentively, you will see that I made the point myself.

3)Corruption is everywhere, even in Canada.( See the links in my previous posts). I agree that India has higher corruption levels than western nations. But hey don't you stigmatise all Indians by calling India a corrupt country!! we are a nation of hardworking people who have been struggling and sticking against all odds and guess what. Today we are seeing results . Standards of living are much higher than what they were in the last decade and there has been tremendous improvement. People are actually combatting corruption in the metros and corruption levels are very slowly but surely going down(ex Telgi Case) and it is just a matter of time before this spreads from the Metros to other parts of the country. I agree that India has it's share of problems (maybe more than it's fair share) but everyone including NRI's( Non Resident Indians) is working hard and actually doing something to enable the changes instead of just sitting on their buttocks whining and complaining.

4) No infrastructure!! I am very curious to know which part of India you are from and how long have you been gone from here. Presently, even tribals in the most remote villages have internet access and cellular phones.

5) I am not an MBA but have still well paying job and a very good standard of living as per Indian standards. It did not happen instantly and i had to work hard & smart to achieve it. it may be difficult but definitely achievable. There are lot's of problems that we face. even I hate a lot of things and wish they would change immediately. I hate driving through heavy traffic, all the crowd in the city and lots of other things, but we cannot just wish them away. it takes efforts from all levels of society to bring about changes and that is what India is has been undergoing. If you have'nt visited recently, please do so and you will see the drastic improvements for yourself. even I have my reasons for migrating to a different country but wherever I go in the world to settle down I will be Identified by the place I was born and brought up in. Tell you what, inspite of all the problems, we have come really really far in just 57 years since independence from being a colony to becoming one of the fastest growing economies on the planet and a land that continues to produce lot's of doctors, it professionals, entrepreneurs, artists etc who have made their mark not just in India but all over the world. India gives me a lt to feel proud of and no matter where I go, i will always be proud to be Indian.

6) if you have the will and are hard working, you can achieve your dreams in India. so many successful Indian professionals, industrialists, entrepreneurs are evidence of that. If one person complains of not getting a well paying job, is it the Indian system that is a failure or the individual?

7) As is pretty obvious you are acting as a mouthpiece for someone else( you may not admit it but it is apparent)but please don't malign the country where you were born and brought up and made competent enough to be where you are today.

GOBLIN

Last edited by GOBLIN; May 21st 2005 at 10:25 pm.
Old May 21st 2005, 9:00 pm
Forum Regular

samon is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear amancharan,
I agree isolated cases of fraud are there, but they are there because law enforcement agencies have identified them and caught them. These are the cases that make it to newspaper headlines. They are a rare few, how can you possibly come out with a statistical data of percents from them?
Are there not frauds in other parts of the world? Yes certainly, but we don't bother because it does not catch our fancy.. Or is it just ndians out there in other parts of the world who are responsible? If the answer is yes than we should do some soul searching, what moral values have we inherited from our ancestors. We claim to be champions of moral and family values but if this is what is happening, and we are mocked upon, than we should shed the mask and show our true identity. If it is a no than we should teach the world a lesson on family values.
Look black sheeps are every where, don't get carried away by by the doings of these unscrupulous elements, they are exposed and punished whenever caught.
I am in no way championing the cause of India or Indians, i know the truth will prevail, but we should be rational in our approach and not vindictive.
What if I said the fraudulant cases as per study in India is 2% will you believe me? You should because they are authentic. Now the difference of 64% and 2% is large.
The real subject of lenghty time frames-- well I think we can put more staff at CHC Delhi, allot more funds for the working and stop temporarily at Delhi or any other post fresh applications till a reasonable time frame is achieved, and in future regulate the input to match the output.
Lastly India is corrupt because we acknowledge it and not shy of it, even though it is 2% of the total population.
Old May 22nd 2005, 12:15 am
Forum Regular

imagination92 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi....XXX......I am agree with you that some of the applicants in Buffalo aplly for back up but not all. You can see the number of applicants and their posts regarding broder crossing and the process to apply for SIN,Health insurance etc. so there are people who go to canada for real.

To everyone else.....Guys it was a nice discussion but it think now its getting out of hands....its enough..everyone understand each other point....there is no need to continue arguing about INdia.
let get back to normal business and help each other in their process.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.