Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Rejected and Banned for Life from Canada by the CIC

Rejected and Banned for Life from Canada by the CIC

Old Sep 10th 2009, 5:33 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Rejected and Banned for Life from Canada by the CIC

Originally Posted by drabux
Yes. That, the very poor grammar of the OP and his rather Bolshi attitude make we wonder why Canada is not on its knees to let him in

Alanb
Pot

Kettle

Black
Old Sep 11th 2009, 10:46 am
Just Joined

Switch is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by goolash
Got a letter from the CIC saturday. Not only have they refused my app for PR (Family Class) BUT they have also banned me from entering Canada FOR LIFE due to a conviction for damaging property in March 2007.

They quoted a paragraph of their guidlines as justification saying that in Can its a 10yr max sentence and im therefore illegible.

Here are my Questions for the forum.
1. Can anyone recomend a TOP immigration Lawyer in London
2. Was the rest of my application successful - or would it have been considered? IE would the outcome have been aproval IF it was.
3. Can i reapply after my conviction is spent?

My Girl and Sponsor is a Canadian passport holder.

Any thoughts please?

What they are telling you is wrong.
You are not banned for life as they claim!! As you say, you can be there for up to 6 months on a UK passport anyway.
It means you cannot apply for perm residence until it has been 10 years from the date if the conviction.
They do have the right to exclude people for residence for some crimes, but yours is not one of them!!!!
Old Sep 11th 2009, 6:28 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by Switch
What they are telling you is wrong.
You are not banned for life as they claim!! As you say, you can be there for up to 6 months on a UK passport anyway.
It means you cannot apply for perm residence until it has been 10 years from the date if the conviction.
They do have the right to exclude people for residence for some crimes, but yours is not one of them!!!!
If the OP has been found inadmissible for criminality, s/he is inadmissible as a visitor as well.
Old Sep 11th 2009, 7:48 pm
So near yet so far.......

Rubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant future

My understanding from going through the rehab process for my OH, is that if you have committed one offence that would be considered a summary conviction in Canada, (which taken at face value this crime seems to be) then you are admissible. IF you have two or more however, then you would have to wait 5 years to apply for rehab.

It sounds as though the OP has never submitted a full criminal rehab application. If there is any doubt, I would apply for criminal rehabilitation on an Info Only basis using the forms supplied and ask the specific questions ie

1. Is this sole crime considered a summary offence and therefore I am admissible?

OR

2. Am I inadmissible but eligible to apply for criminal rehab after 5 years?

Other people on this forum have been allowed into Canada with criminal pasts worse than this and so I wouldn't give up at this first hurdle.

Good luck

Rubie
Old Sep 11th 2009, 8:30 pm
Forum Regular

drabux has a brilliant futuredrabux has a brilliant futuredrabux has a brilliant futuredrabux has a brilliant futuredrabux has a brilliant futuredrabux has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by fledermaus
Pot

Kettle

Black
Er, what is your point, exactly?

Alanb
Old Sep 11th 2009, 9:17 pm
Account Closed

Er, what is your point, exactly?

Alanb
It's a case of the pot calling the kettle black. This explains my reference.

In case that isn't clear enough. I suggest that when you post criticising someone's grammar that you make sure that your own post is correct, which it wasn't.

I see no need for you to pm me on the subject as well as posting in here.
Old Sep 11th 2009, 9:40 pm
Forum Regular

drabux has a brilliant futuredrabux has a brilliant futuredrabux has a brilliant futuredrabux has a brilliant futuredrabux has a brilliant futuredrabux has a brilliant future

Hilarious. I know exactly what the idiom means. The point is, where do you think you've seen a grammatical or spelling error? If you can't find it then I think it puts you in the same category as the OP
Old Sep 11th 2009, 9:45 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by fledermaus
It's a case of the pot calling the kettle black. This explains my reference.

In case that isn't clear enough. I suggest that when you post criticising someone's grammar that you make sure that your own post is correct, which it wasn't.

I see no need for you to pm me on the subject as well as posting in here.
PS. In your post, after 'enough' there should be a comma rather than a full stop, or at least, that was what I learnt when I was seven years old.
Old Sep 11th 2009, 10:10 pm
Account Closed

PS. In your post, after 'enough' there should be a comma rather than a full stop, or at least, that was what I learnt when I was seven years old.
Actually there should be neither. The comma would make it a comma splice error wouldn't it?

You said:
Yes. That, the very poor grammar of the OP and his rather Bolshi attitude make we wonder why Canada is not on its knees to let him in
You say there are no errors in that?
Old Sep 11th 2009, 10:13 pm
Account Closed

Hilarious. I know exactly what the idiom means. The point is, where do you think you've seen a grammatical or spelling error? If you can't find it then I think it puts you in the same category as the OP
If you knew what I meant then why are you wasting my time by asking me to explain and sending me a pm on the subject?

You were criticising someone for bad grammar, I pointed out that yours isn't perfect. Live with it.
Old Sep 11th 2009, 10:16 pm
Forum Regular

Let's try a new idiom:

The emperor is naked.