Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Rejected and Banned for Life from Canada by the CIC

Rejected and Banned for Life from Canada by the CIC

Old Aug 19th 2009, 1:43 pm
Bon Vivant

Simon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rejected and Banned for Life from Canada by the CIC

Originally Posted by goolash
YUp, you'd have thought that wouldnt you, but thats why it was delayed the first time - we were due to satrt on a Thursday but the Judge said he expected it to last 3days and therefore he couldnt hear it, as 1 judge has to sit thru the entire case. The reasons the other delays took place were:
1. Witnessess unavailable on certain dates
2. Pressure of other cases - ie they couldnt allocate a "slot" in which to hear the case.
We came back in September 2006 and then finally heard the case in March 2007 by which time everyone was so bored i offered to pay the "victim" compenation as we were - u guessed it - heading for ANOTHER delay.

Thats the English Court system for you. God Bless the HMCS, their worth every penny.
Three days to hear what seems like a simple case ! Wow. That is strange.
Old Aug 19th 2009, 8:21 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Miss Clinque
Thats amazing!! its unfair that you have that hanging over you for such a long time.
It's also unfair that the neighbour had to have his property damaged.

Unless he was asking for it of course
Old Aug 19th 2009, 9:50 pm
Forum Regular

drabux has a brilliant futuredrabux has a brilliant futuredrabux has a brilliant futuredrabux has a brilliant futuredrabux has a brilliant futuredrabux has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by el_richo

Yes. That, the very poor grammar of the OP and his rather Bolshi attitude make we wonder why Canada is not on its knees to let him in

Alanb
Old Aug 19th 2009, 10:15 pm
Bring on the snow!

Rob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond repute

Thats amazing!! its unfair that you have that hanging over you for such a long time.
Unfair? Sorry but this was self inflicted - sounds like he had the option to get it done and dusted via the magistrates court, but decided to go through the crown court instead.

Very strange for a simple case
Old Aug 20th 2009, 10:53 am

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point

OK,OK,OK. I am wrong.
Old Aug 20th 2009, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by drabux
Yes. That, the very poor grammar of the OP and his rather Bolshi attitude make we wonder why Canada is not on its knees to let him in

Alanb
His attitude hasnt stopped others on here breaking their neck to offer help & solutions to get him in into Canada though has it.

And you jump on me!!

Last edited by Miss Clinique; Aug 20th 2009 at 12:35 pm.
Old Aug 20th 2009, 12:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

ESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really nice

His attitude hasnt stopped others on here breaking their neck to offer help & solutions to get in into Canada though has it.
I noticed that. I suspect we tend to give people the benefit of the doubt. It was also, at least to me, quite interesting to explore a part of the process I didn't know about.

Mind you, in other forums I often see people post, generally from the US, saying, "I have a drunk driving conviction, how do I sneak across the border?". My response is discouraging and only on the verge of remaining polite!

Someone commented on the length of time it took to hear the case. 17 months is actually getting too long. Most jurisdictions have a limit to how long someone should wait to be heard and will discharge the accused if it is 'too long' by that jurisdiction's definition.
Old Aug 20th 2009, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by ESarge
I noticed that. I suspect we tend to give people the benefit of the doubt. It was also, at least to me, quite interesting to explore a part of the process I didn't know about.

Mind you, in other forums I often see people post, generally from the US, saying, "I have a drunk driving conviction, how do I sneak across the border?". My response is discouraging and only on the verge of remaining polite!

Someone commented on the length of time it took to hear the case. 17 months is actually getting too long. Most jurisdictions have a limit to how long someone should wait to be heard and will discharge the accused if it is 'too long' by that jurisdiction's definition.
I have no problem with people offering advice and trying to help others - none what so ever.

The guy made a mistake, he was charged and elected to go to crown court. It seems to me that making a person wait that long to get their case heard is excessive, if the guy is truly sorry for what he has done, then surely to get the case heard, pay his dues and get on with life is the best thing all round. If he was a rapist,murderer or child molester then throw him in jail and who cares when his case come's up.

In life we all make mistakes not all criminal I grant you, but when we do something in life that we truly regret, what is so wrong about saying sorry and moving on as soon as possible.

Perhaps me using the word "unfair" was wrong, but eh I am just a softie at heart.

Last edited by Miss Clinique; Aug 20th 2009 at 12:57 pm.
Old Aug 20th 2009, 12:54 pm
Forum Regular

Jo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by neill
geez, a bit harsh..... i can't believe that breaking someone's window is a 10yr max for a start....

Canada is big on its charter of rights and freedoms, i don't know if there would be a way to approach it from that angle.

Canada uses common law so it would have to be based on some legal precedent.
It probably wasnt actually on the police form that it was 2 panes of glass would just show up as criminal conviction for damaging property.
Old Aug 20th 2009, 1:30 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

In life we all make mistakes not all criminal I grant you, but when we do something in life that we truly regret, what is so wrong about saying sorry and moving on as soon as possible.
I understand what you're saying but having experienced an irate neighbour, i would personally enjoy seeing them fail in life whether they're sorry or not.

I have the memory of the attack and the scar on my face to remind me of it. Whether they regret it or not means nothing to me. Maybe i can empathise with the "neighbour" more than the OP so am slightly biased.

The OP has not released the full story so maybe i'm being too harsh. Either way, no amount of apologies and regret will get him into Canada as a PR within the next decade. Sucks but you make your bed..............
Old Aug 25th 2009, 2:46 pm
Just Joined

goolash is an unknown quantity at this point

I understand what you're saying but having experienced an irate neighbour, i would personally enjoy seeing them fail in life whether they're sorry or not.

I have the memory of the attack and the scar on my face to remind me of it. Whether they regret it or not means nothing to me. Maybe i can empathise with the "neighbour" more than the OP so am slightly biased.

The OP has not released the full story so maybe i'm being too harsh. Either way, no amount of apologies and regret will get him into Canada as a PR within the next decade. Sucks but you make your bed..............
Sorry to hear u had a hard time wiv your neighbour. I didnt start this thread to discuss what happened on the night - rest assured no one was harmed - maybe alarmed but not not harmed.

As i understand from my Lawyer after 5 years i can apply for rehabillitation and re-apply for PR visa.

Can i ask you why you say i wont get in the next decade? My Lawyer says that after your 5 yrs ahve expired and Rehab applied for, the next 5yrs you are effectively "on probation" in Canada.

Anyway. The neighbour if u must know had been harrasing me and my two mates for 3 months AND hassling the landlord - we decided to leave and then guess what - the neighbour bought the part of the house we lived in - sounds like a plan. Poor old neighbour hey...
Old Aug 25th 2009, 3:36 pm
Beep

Sorry to hear u had a hard time wiv your neighbour. I didnt start this thread to discuss what happened on the night - rest assured no one was harmed - maybe alarmed but not not harmed.

As i understand from my Lawyer after 5 years i can apply for rehabillitation and re-apply for PR visa.

Can i ask you why you say i wont get in the next decade? My Lawyer says that after your 5 yrs ahve expired and Rehab applied for, the next 5yrs you are effectively "on probation" in Canada.
Aaaah ok. I read through people's advice on here stating you have to wait 10 years from the point that the sentence was complete.

Anyway. The neighbour if u must know had been harrasing me and my two mates for 3 months AND hassling the landlord - we decided to leave and then guess what - the neighbour bought the part of the house we lived in - sounds like a plan. Poor old neighbour hey...
hehehe, the cheeky monkey.
Old Sep 10th 2009, 12:30 pm
Just Joined

faraz_121 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi, dunt worry
call u call m
Old Sep 10th 2009, 12:56 pm
Just Joined

faraz_121 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
Galoosh
can u add me on yahoo messnger
ihave sum important info to tell u
my id is

EDIT<dont post personal details on the internet, if you want you can add you MS messenger info to your forum profile>

best regaerds

Last edited by iaink; Sep 10th 2009 at 1:05 pm. Reason: Email removed...please add to your profile instead.
Old Sep 10th 2009, 5:16 pm
Wanna-be Canadian

loser40 has a brilliant futureloser40 has a brilliant futureloser40 has a brilliant futureloser40 has a brilliant futureloser40 has a brilliant futureloser40 has a brilliant future

My understanding is that if the maximum sentence in Canada is 10 years or less ;

After 5 years you can apply for rehab (5 years after conviction for the offence, or prison term/probation/suspension etc ends, - which ever the latter) .

After 10 years it is automatically deemed spent.

So, you'll either have to wait till 2012 or get a lawyer and prove that the damage was less than $5000 - the lawyer route looks appealing.

M.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.