Processing time IEC

Old Mar 22nd 2011, 12:06 am
Forum Regular

jakebhatt is just really nicejakebhatt is just really nicejakebhatt is just really nicejakebhatt is just really nicejakebhatt is just really nicejakebhatt is just really nicejakebhatt is just really nicejakebhatt is just really nice
Default Processing time IEC

Hi all, Just a quick question, I am on my 6th week of processing time for the IEC my final date is this friday and I was wondering if any 1 thinks I should contact them before because do they usually leave it till the last minute to sent you your LOI ? Im just a bit worried about it now because I have my flight ready.. is their any routine for processing times I would also like to know... Thanks
Old Mar 22nd 2011, 1:30 am
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Processing time IEC

Originally Posted by jakebhatt
Hi all, Just a quick question, I am on my 6th week of processing time for the IEC my final date is this friday and I was wondering if any 1 thinks I should contact them before because do they usually leave it till the last minute to sent you your LOI ? Im just a bit worried about it now because I have my flight ready.. is their any routine for processing times I would also like to know... Thanks
Hi Jake, unfortunately with issues of immigration, you just have to wait it out. Some people had 8 weeks as a timeline, others had 6 weeks. I got my LOI after about 5.5 weeks. Patience is your friend!
Old Mar 22nd 2011, 4:37 am
Forum Regular

Wolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud of

We are on 9 weeks (thursday) and have literally just emailed them. Luckily, after 2 years of PR waiting (which is still not over) I count myself pretty patient but its a little unfair considering we applied the very first day the IEC got released. There seems to be logic to who gets their permit first...
Old Mar 22nd 2011, 4:50 am
Forum Regular

jakebhatt is just really nicejakebhatt is just really nicejakebhatt is just really nicejakebhatt is just really nicejakebhatt is just really nicejakebhatt is just really nicejakebhatt is just really nicejakebhatt is just really nice

Originally Posted by rubberduckofdeath
Hi Jake, unfortunately with issues of immigration, you just have to wait it out. Some people had 8 weeks as a timeline, others had 6 weeks. I got my LOI after about 5.5 weeks. Patience is your friend!
Thanks I guess your right, just gotta be patient, cheers
Old Apr 13th 2011, 11:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Wolfie and Will
We are on 9 weeks (thursday) and have literally just emailed them. Luckily, after 2 years of PR waiting (which is still not over) I count myself pretty patient but its a little unfair considering we applied the very first day the IEC got released. There seems to be logic to who gets their permit first...
Hey any news on your visa? I am on 9 weeks now... just wanted to know if you have heard anything and when did you get it - let me know how you got on, thanks.
Old Apr 14th 2011, 4:24 am
Forum Regular

Wolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud of

12 weeks and counting....
Old Apr 14th 2011, 5:16 am
Forum Regular

No way thats messed up... Have you contacted anyone? Can you contact anyone.. there surely is something going wrong there...
Old Apr 14th 2011, 5:20 am
Forum Regular

Do me a favor when you get your visa let me know, I would like to know how long it takes...
Old Apr 14th 2011, 7:20 am
Just Joined

Gazareth is an unknown quantity at this point

Allright guys, I got a acknowledgement of receipt on the 23rd of March with an estimated processing time of 6 weeks. I thought things were going quickly as within a week I got an email saying it had been forwarded to the High Commission of Canada in the UK but haven't heard anything since. I'm a little worried as if I assume the 6 weeks processing time is from the 23rd of March then I will find out on the 4th of May, 3 days after I get to Canada. Worst case scenario is 6 weeks processing time from the application reaching the high commission meaning 10 days after I get to Canada. Does anyone think I'll have problems at immigration given that I don't have a return flight out yet? (UK citizens can spend 6 months in Canada without a Visa) I just remember immigration being rather inquisitive last time I went and that was with my parents when I was 14. I am only planning on spending 5 months tops there though and I've got 2k in the bank.
Old Apr 14th 2011, 7:36 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Gazareth
Allright guys, I got a acknowledgement of receipt on the 23rd of March with an estimated processing time of 6 weeks. I thought things were going quickly as within a week I got an email saying it had been forwarded to the High Commission of Canada in the UK but haven't heard anything since. I'm a little worried as if I assume the 6 weeks processing time is from the 23rd of March then I will find out on the 4th of May, 3 days after I get to Canada. Worst case scenario is 6 weeks processing time from the application reaching the high commission meaning 10 days after I get to Canada. Does anyone think I'll have problems at immigration given that I don't have a return flight out yet? (UK citizens can spend 6 months in Canada without a Visa) I just remember immigration being rather inquisitive last time I went and that was with my parents when I was 14. I am only planning on spending 5 months tops there though and I've got 2k in the bank.
To be honest, if you have problems at immigration or not all depends on the officer you get in Canada... and the processing time, I wouldn't take their word for 6 weeks they told me 6 weeks from the 11th of feb it is now 14th of april I have been waiting 9 weeks and others have been waiting longer... (no reply) your playing your chances by going to Canada before your visa is issued but other people have done it before so to be honest with you its your choice, It all depends on the officer you get when u get to Canada.

hope this helps

Jake.
Old Apr 14th 2011, 6:41 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gazareth
I'm a little worried as if I assume the 6 weeks processing time is from the 23rd of March then I will find out on the 4th of May, 3 days after I get to Canada. Worst case scenario is 6 weeks processing time from the application reaching the high commission meaning 10 days after I get to Canada. Does anyone think I'll have problems at immigration given that I don't have a return flight out yet? (UK citizens can spend 6 months in Canada without a Visa) I just remember immigration being rather inquisitive last time I went and that was with my parents when I was 14. I am only planning on spending 5 months tops there though and I've got 2k in the bank.
As Jake said, others have been waiting quite a bit longer (one forum member has waited 12 weeks and still not had theirs), so you're taking quite a risk.

Any chance you can change your flight? If you have to spend the first month in Canada without working because you haven't yet got your visa, then that £2k will be gone within a couple of weeks! In fact, £2k is incredibly low to support yourself even if you get a job quite quickly - bear in mind that cost of living in Canada is the same as in the UK or even higher in some areas (and you know how long £2k would last in the UK with rent, bills, transport, food etc to pay for!), so if you can take any more money with you then definitely do.

I also think you'll need to show a return flight if you're only taking £2k with you, as that would be gone instantly if you needed to buy a flight in Canada (again, much more expensive than in the UK), so you're not showing enough funds for that situation imo.

Good luck.
Old Apr 14th 2011, 11:31 pm
Forum Regular

Galacticos is an unknown quantity at this point

I have noticed that no 1 has confirmed that they have recieved their LOI on this forum for a number of weeks now??

Anyone have any inside news as to whats going on at the embassy, perhaps its going to be one big mass release of LOI's and we will all get the good news together
Old Apr 14th 2011, 11:41 pm
Account Closed

geetup is an unknown quantity at this point

im looking at sending at all my stuff off on tuesday latest (when my police check comes through)
anyone reckon its unlikely there'll be visas left by the time its processed?
Old Apr 15th 2011, 1:40 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Galacticos
I have noticed that no 1 has confirmed that they have recieved their LOI on this forum for a number of weeks now??

Anyone have any inside news as to whats going on at the embassy, perhaps its going to be one big mass release of LOI's and we will all get the good news together
Your right Galacticos, but to be honest when people receive their LOI the first thing on their mind is getting to Canada and not sharing it with us lol When people receive there visa's they leave us and get on with there life's - But I hope your right with the mass LOI..
Old Apr 15th 2011, 1:41 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by geetup
im looking at sending at all my stuff off on tuesday latest (when my police check comes through)
anyone reckon its unlikely there'll be visas left by the time its processed?
Pretty sure there is visa spaces left, it would be announced if there wasnt

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.