Processing time IEC

Old Apr 15th 2011, 2:16 am
Just Joined

IanScottEsquire is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Processing time IEC

Originally Posted by jakebhatt
Your right Galacticos, but to be honest when people receive their LOI the first thing on their mind is getting to Canada and not sharing it with us lol When people receive there visa's they leave us and get on with there life's - But I hope your right with the mass LOI..
Look on the BUNAC facebook page, people have got their LOIs this week and stuff by the looks of it.
Old Apr 15th 2011, 3:21 am
Account Closed

geetup is an unknown quantity at this point

aye, a just hope that by the time mines been processed theres still some spaces! do they announce it by email?
Old Apr 15th 2011, 3:38 am
Forum Regular

jakebhatt is just really nicejakebhatt is just really nicejakebhatt is just really nicejakebhatt is just really nicejakebhatt is just really nicejakebhatt is just really nicejakebhatt is just really nicejakebhatt is just really nice

Originally Posted by IanScottEsquire
Look on the BUNAC facebook page, people have got their LOIs this week and stuff by the looks of it.
I can't find BUNAC on facebook - link me mate, thanks
Old Apr 15th 2011, 4:23 am
Just Joined

IanScottEsquire is an unknown quantity at this point

I can't find BUNAC on facebook - link me mate, thanks
http://www.facebook.com/bunaccanada
Old Apr 15th 2011, 6:23 am
Forum Regular

chriscanada is an unknown quantity at this point

Pretty sure there is visa spaces left, it would be announced if there wasnt
Mine was accepted by the office today, so they are accepting, no word on acceptance / denial yet.
Old Apr 15th 2011, 11:33 pm
Forum Regular

jakebhatt is just really nicejakebhatt is just really nicejakebhatt is just really nicejakebhatt is just really nicejakebhatt is just really nicejakebhatt is just really nicejakebhatt is just really nicejakebhatt is just really nice

Originally Posted by chriscanada
Mine was accepted by the office today, so they are accepting, no word on acceptance / denial yet.
Nothing yet, how long did you wait?
Old Apr 15th 2011, 11:45 pm
Forum Regular

chriscanada is an unknown quantity at this point

Nothing yet, how long did you wait?
All times local paris, friday

Arrived 7am, achnoledged receipt at 5pm,

I don't expect to hear anything till Monday
Old Apr 16th 2011, 2:03 am
Forum Regular

kc85 is an unknown quantity at this point

Your right Galacticos, but to be honest when people receive their LOI the first thing on their mind is getting to Canada and not sharing it with us lol When people receive there visa's they leave us and get on with there life's - But I hope your right with the mass LOI..
i take massive offensive to this jakebhatt- i have received my LOI & have not forgot about my comrades who helped me get there...lol i hear what your saying- probably due to the excitement- i 4 one cannot wait to get out of here! but seriously best of luck & yes your right the wait is crazy but it will come. i did find not checking on here so often helped as it can get you a little anxious sometimes hearing different bits of information lol

am off hopefully in 2weeks with a 2week stop in ny before taking train into canada! i actually genuinely would like to catch some of the people on these forums for a drink in canada that have been so helpful as tbh i think a lot of people on here helped solve problems as when it came to help it seems, the embassy were a little reluctant!
Old Apr 16th 2011, 2:08 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kc85
i take massive offensive to this jakebhatt- i have received my LOI & have not forgot about my comrades who helped me get there...lol i hear what your saying- probably due to the excitement- i 4 one cannot wait to get out of here! but seriously best of luck & yes your right the wait is crazy but it will come. i did find not checking on here so often helped as it can get you a little anxious sometimes hearing different bits of information lol

am off hopefully in 2weeks with a 2week stop in ny before taking train into canada! i actually genuinely would like to catch some of the people on these forums for a drink in canada that have been so helpful as tbh i think a lot of people on here helped solve problems as when it came to help it seems, the embassy were a little reluctant!
yeah I know what you mean though by not checking this you do feel a little more eased when your not reading everyone getting their LOI's and you haven't got yours (mine) yet lol, good luck in Canada hope it works out well for you, hopefully I will be there soon,
Old Apr 16th 2011, 4:49 am
Just Joined

Gazareth is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
As Jake said, others have been waiting quite a bit longer (one forum member has waited 12 weeks and still not had theirs), so you're taking quite a risk.

Any chance you can change your flight? If you have to spend the first month in Canada without working because you haven't yet got your visa, then that £2k will be gone within a couple of weeks! In fact, £2k is incredibly low to support yourself even if you get a job quite quickly - bear in mind that cost of living in Canada is the same as in the UK or even higher in some areas (and you know how long £2k would last in the UK with rent, bills, transport, food etc to pay for!), so if you can take any more money with you then definitely do.

I also think you'll need to show a return flight if you're only taking £2k with you, as that would be gone instantly if you needed to buy a flight in Canada (again, much more expensive than in the UK), so you're not showing enough funds for that situation imo.

Good luck.
£2k gone within a couple of weeks? I think we have very different lifestyles. Two thousand pounds is about 3100 CAD. And 2k gone instantly if I need to buy a flight? A bit of an overestimate given that I paid £320 for a flight out. And why would flights cost more when buying them in Canada? I dont think the company I bought my flight out with discriminates based on IP address. £2k is what the IEC demands you have in your bank account. In the UK £2k would last me around 3-4 months. Given that I'm taking a tent with me and its going to be summertime I think 2k could last quite a while.

How about some help rather than just trying to scare the crap out of me.
Old Apr 16th 2011, 5:05 am
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gazareth
£2k gone within a couple of weeks? I think we have very different lifestyles. Two thousand pounds is about 3100 CAD. And 2k gone instantly if I need to buy a flight? A bit of an overestimate given that I paid £320 for a flight out. And why would flights cost more when buying them in Canada? I dont think the company I bought my flight out with discriminates based on IP address. £2k is what the IEC demands you have in your bank account. In the UK £2k would last me around 3-4 months. Given that I'm taking a tent with me and its going to be summertime I think 2k could last quite a while.

Hullo,

While this might sound like scaremongering, it's based on some truths. I think the point she's trying to make is that it's best to have a cautious approach as things are expensive in many places in Canada. You will have a shock at flight prices...

Enjoy!
Old Apr 16th 2011, 6:13 am
Forum Regular

Mr. Numbers is just really niceMr. Numbers is just really niceMr. Numbers is just really niceMr. Numbers is just really niceMr. Numbers is just really niceMr. Numbers is just really niceMr. Numbers is just really niceMr. Numbers is just really niceMr. Numbers is just really nice

Er, from what I've read Christmasoompa was trying to help you, but for some reason you've offered a somewhat kneejerk reaction.

Flights are more expensive when purchasing in Canada (heard of exhange rates and taxes?), and the cost of living is high in Canada (depends on where you go though obviously!), meaning that £2k will drain away quite quickly.

Add the fact that border agents may want to see more than £2k in your account if you're planning on entering on a visitor visa without a return flight (and IEC needs more than £2k if you don't have a return flight anyway), then maybe it would be better to listen to the advice given and see if you can move your flight?
Old Apr 16th 2011, 11:55 am
Forum Regular

He's right man, think if you take just 2 grand and your going on a visitors visa, you don't know how long its gonna be before you get your working one, so you have 2 grand to support yourself rent,utilities,food,transport, gas plus if you don't have your working visa before your money runs out, your out of funds and will have to fly back - I would just wait and save the money for when you get your working one. Because at this rate you may be waiting a lot longer than 6 weeks and you will just waste the money - Save the money...get your working visa, fly to Canada and get a job that way you don't just have 2k
Old Apr 16th 2011, 11:01 pm
Forum Regular

kc85 is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah I know what you mean though by not checking this you do feel a little more eased when your not reading everyone getting their LOI's and you haven't got yours (mine) yet lol, good luck in Canada hope it works out well for you, hopefully I will be there soon,
i will check on this forum occasionally i reckon so i will defo put out posts for people who are up for meeting up for drinks! hope you get yours soon mate!
Old May 3rd 2011, 4:45 am
Just Joined

Gazareth is an unknown quantity at this point

Got my LOI today, 5 weeks and 6 days after my conditional acceptance. (Porcessing time was estimated at 6 weeks). 8-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.