Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

PR how much time to move after you get it?

PR how much time to move after you get it?

Old Apr 17th 2023, 12:47 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR how much time to move after you get it?

Originally Posted by Likon
and I'm IT professional, so counting there will be some space for me
It's not one of the occupations mentioned as having critical shortages, but who knows. A good way to tell would be to look at Job Bank (which is the government's own job website) and see how many jobs there are available in your NOC code, that will tell you if there's a labour shortage or not. For example, if I try with cook, I get over 9000 vacancies, with nurse I get nearly 3000 vacancies, so those would be two occupations that should qualify if I had to guess. But it is only a guess, and until the changes are finalised, nobody knows for sure.
Old Apr 17th 2023, 12:47 pm
Forum Regular

Likon is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah, I'm waiting for all that to clear out and then will see. Maybe getting work permit and apply for PR after 1 year is faster route.
Old Apr 17th 2023, 12:48 pm
Forum Regular

would you be so kind and give me a link to that website?
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, I'm waiting for all that to clear out and then will see. Maybe getting work permit and apply for PR after 1 year is faster route.
It would be a much quicker way out there, yes. Have a good read of the Job Hunting section of the Wiki and plan a job hunting trip, hopefully you'll get lucky.

Best of luck.
SUPER MODERATOR

would you be so kind and give me a link to that website?
Which website?
Old Apr 17th 2023, 12:49 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Which website?
job bank
Old Apr 17th 2023, 12:50 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

job bank
https://www.jobbank.gc.ca/home

Google will bring it straight up if you just search for Job Bank Canada.

HTH.
Old Apr 17th 2023, 12:53 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you! It shows 824 results. Better than 0!

Thanks for the help!
Old Apr 18th 2023, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

christmasoompa When you apply for PR you select dependants like children or wife. Can I apply for PR by adding my wife, and can my wife apply as well separately adding me as a dependant?
This way whoever will get PR can take the whole family.
Old Apr 18th 2023, 3:49 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa When you apply for PR you select dependants like children or wife. Can I apply for PR by adding my wife, and can my wife apply as well separately adding me as a dependant?
This way whoever will get PR can take the whole family.
Yes, absolutely. If it's purely points dependent then there may be no point in applying twice and paying extra, you just go with whoever scores the highest. But if both of you meet the criteria for one of the new categories then it would be sensible for you both to apply in case the points threshold is lower for one category than the other.

What does your wife do, is she in a higher demand occupation?
Old Apr 18th 2023, 3:55 pm
Forum Regular

QA Engineer, so IT as well
Since we are next to this topic, can you apply for PNP, and PR and for example try to get work permit all at the same time?
As I remember it's ok if you will do that.
Old Apr 18th 2023, 4:05 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

QA Engineer, so IT as well
Since we are next to this topic, can you apply for PNP, and PR and for example try to get work permit all at the same time?
As I remember it's ok if you will do that.
It's fine to apply for multiple visas, most people aren't eligible for more than one route though. But if you are, then yes, no problem at all (other than your bank balance not liking you very much!).
Old Apr 18th 2023, 4:10 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks. Yeah didn't check how much those things cost