PPRs anyone?

Old Mar 24th 2010, 2:27 am
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PPRs anyone?

Originally Posted by purple80
This was why I persuaded my husband to email them, I repeated DNS experience to him, five seconds later he was tapping away on the laptop!
Happy to have been of help
Old Mar 24th 2010, 1:00 pm

purple80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by destinationnovascotia
Happy to have been of help
Your welcome, we had a response to our email this morning, we are stuck in a queue of medical tests awaiting review....
Old Mar 24th 2010, 1:05 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute

I broke down and emailed them this morning Fingers crossed for a) a response and b) a positive one
Old Mar 24th 2010, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by G77
I broke down and emailed them this morning Fingers crossed for a) a response and b) a positive one

Charlie
Old Mar 24th 2010, 4:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by purple80
Your welcome, we had a response to our email this morning, we are stuck in a queue of medical tests awaiting review....
at least you got a response Charlie, fingers crossed

Originally Posted by G77
and for you G77
Old Mar 25th 2010, 9:56 am
Forum Regular

bangalg is an unknown quantity at this point

It's now over 4 months since I sent my Medicals/ Other Docs. I wrote to them in Jan. enquiring whether they have received all my docs. and whether everything is in order. To my horror, they said they have received nothing from me! I then sent them a scanned copy of the courier delivery note. CIC did not reply to that. I wrote to them last month and they replied that it is 'in process'. I interpreted this reply to mean that they have received my documents. My CAIPS notes received a month back clearly mentions that my Medical for my family have been cleared. The b/f date as written on my file states 01/Feb. But I have not heard from them at all. I wrote to them last week but they have not replied.

Is it normal for the post-Medical processing (Background checks, etc.) to take so long? My employer-company is not doing too well and I am afraid many people in our company may be laid off. I can easily try outside but if then by the time I join any new employer, I would be ready to move to Canada assuming my papers are approved.

How long is the background check taking these days? For how long do you think I have to wait before I get my PPR? It will be nice to have any opinion from you that will help me understand the situation better. Thanks.
Old Mar 25th 2010, 10:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bangalg
It's now over 4 months since I sent my Medicals/ Other Docs. I wrote to them in Jan. enquiring whether they have received all my docs. and whether everything is in order. To my horror, they said they have received nothing from me! I then sent them a scanned copy of the courier delivery note. CIC did not reply to that. I wrote to them last month and they replied that it is 'in process'. I interpreted this reply to mean that they have received my documents. My CAIPS notes received a month back clearly mentions that my Medical for my family have been cleared. The b/f date as written on my file states 01/Feb. But I have not heard from them at all. I wrote to them last week but they have not replied.

Is it normal for the post-Medical processing (Background checks, etc.) to take so long? My employer-company is not doing too well and I am afraid many people in our company may be laid off. I can easily try outside but if then by the time I join any new employer, I would be ready to move to Canada assuming my papers are approved.

How long is the background check taking these days? For how long do you think I have to wait before I get my PPR? It will be nice to have any opinion from you that will help me understand the situation better. Thanks.
Looking on Trackitt not many docs/pprs have been sent out over the past 2 weeks, they do seem to be slowing at the moment for us old applicants, lots of post feb 08 pprs etc going out , i think they switch from one group to the other,
Have you sent them a case specific enquiry ?
You can do that via the cic website, good luck
Old Mar 25th 2010, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

bangalg is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Coffeepot
Looking on Trackitt not many docs/pprs have been sent out over the past 2 weeks, they do seem to be slowing at the moment for us old applicants, lots of post feb 08 pprs etc going out , i think they switch from one group to the other,
Have you sent them a case specific enquiry ?
You can do that via the cic website, good luck
Thanks, Coffeepot. I have sent them a query on [email protected]. No reply recd. so far; it's been 4 days. Should I send them a case-specific query as well on the CIC website? I thought either way, it would be by the same set of people.
Old Mar 25th 2010, 1:27 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute

No reply here yet, though it has only been 24 hrs, so I wasn't expecting one this fast really....

What amuses me is they say not to pester them, but then if you don't, you could be blissfully unaware that something has gone missing.... They really should use ecas as it was intended, to give detailed status updates so that we know what's happening.....
Old Mar 25th 2010, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by G77
No reply here yet, though it has only been 24 hrs, so I wasn't expecting one this fast really....

What amuses me is they say not to pester them, but then if you don't, you could be blissfully unaware that something has gone missing.... They really should use ecas as it was intended, to give detailed status updates so that we know what's happening.....
No of course you were not expecting an immediate response.....
Did you email case specific or another email?

Yes you are correct we are not supposed to pester them, but as they don't update Ecas we are unaware if letters do not reach them. This leaves us no other course of action, you have to pester in order to confirm that everything is ok.

We had our medicals in October, by December we were getting concerned that we had heard nothing, then we had a letter saying that I needed TB testing and another x ray. We organized all of this and thought great, almost there. Then we then had a surprise email off them, saying that a further medical request had been sent for our eldest daughter which had been sent back to them as undeliverable? We never got to the bottom of that one, my letter for further medicals arrived fine.

If they had not emailed us about eldest's further medical we would still be sitting here waiting. When the further medical tests were done, we replied to the email that had been sent to us by CHC, and confirmed that the results were now on their way to London, this was in February. We received a reply to that the same day, we waited a month and nothing changing on Ecas and following DNS experience I persuaded my OH to email, we now know the situation, but only because we confirmed this.

Personally I think Ecas is a great idea, but only if used correctly, if not we are all left sitting in the dark, wondering what the hell is going on.

<snip>

We also need to take kids back to the UK in the Summer, currently we cannot book flights as who knows when (if) PPR could come through and when passports could be back to us in Canada. As a family we cannot sit in Canada forever on WP there are too many restrictions, I would like to go back to college, but as I am on a WP I would have to pay International student fees, which are ridiculously expensive.

I hope you hear something soon G77.

Charlie

Last edited by Sue; Apr 6th 2010 at 11:49 am. Reason: Personal info removed at request of OP
Old Mar 25th 2010, 2:53 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

I used the webform - I always use this rather than email them, they probably end up in the same place, but they may use some kind of filtering on the file number to get the message to the correct case officer when done via the form (that's a pure guess on my part btw).

I don't have any desperate need for PR other than I want to get it out of the way and finally feel settled here, my TWP is up for renewal at the end of August, thankfully I don't need an LMO (intra-company transfer), but I would like to avoid having to renew if I can - especially as they seem more reluctant to issue TWP's these days.

Fingers crossed for you and everyone else to hear something soon
Old Mar 25th 2010, 4:03 pm
Forum Regular

nikkim will become famous soon enoughnikkim will become famous soon enough

Well we never received their original email sent on March 18th requesting docs for visa issuance. Only found out this was sent when I emailed them. They asked me to confirm that we had received original email on 18th to which I replied No and they have not responded as yet so am still up in the air. Still want to book flights to UK next week so think I am going to do it anyway as you have 45 days to get passports to them from date of email which takes me to beginning of May anyway.

Just hate how they dont respond back when they have asked you to confirm something - oh and we still dont even show up on ecas!!!!
x
Old Mar 25th 2010, 4:19 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by nikkim

Just hate how they dont respond back when they have asked you to confirm something - oh and we still dont even show up on ecas!!!!
x
Have you tried the old trick of selecting "England" (or Scotland etc) instead of "United Kingdom"?

Not that I expect it to tell you much even if you do find it
Old Mar 25th 2010, 7:12 pm
Just Joined

lejado is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bangalg
Thanks, Coffeepot. I have sent them a query on [email protected]. No reply recd. so far; it's been 4 days. Should I send them a case-specific query as well on the CIC website? I thought either way, it would be by the same set of people.
Hi there,
I dont do much posting, just reading! but thought you may like to know I sent my meds off recorded delivery mid October 09, chased them up with a case specific email in Jan with no response then again in Feb with no response and finally in March, and got a response after 2 days saying... "Your file is awaiting final review by an immigration officer. You should receive correspondence from us shortly."
My ecas has never changed so this was the first correspondence to prove they got the meds! phew.
Doesn't seem to be any reason for some to take a month and others to take 7 months!
Old Mar 25th 2010, 7:35 pm
Forum Regular

BMM69 has a brilliant futureBMM69 has a brilliant futureBMM69 has a brilliant futureBMM69 has a brilliant futureBMM69 has a brilliant futureBMM69 has a brilliant future

Hi everyone,
We are 2007 applicants and had our meds done on the 4th Feb and got our PPR by email this morning. We were waiting for the brown envelope but got a big surprise when checked our emails.

Its perfect timing as we accepted an offer on our house a few weeks ago and were panicking over PPR.

Looking to land May/June if all goes well with sale.

Having a few beers.....

BMM69

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.