PPRs anyone?

Old Mar 16th 2010, 5:04 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PPRs anyone?

Originally Posted by Irish-Jembow
Hi G77,
We done medicals on 8th Jan. Just got request for passports today. So
keep an eye on that postman.
Thanks for letting me know.... Where are you located?

Hopefully soon, slowly losing my marbles
Old Mar 16th 2010, 6:08 pm

purple80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by G77

Your not the only one....We had to go and renew WP today, when we were at the Immigration desk we were chatting to the IO about our future plans. She asked if we were planning to file for PR, we said that we had already, she checks the computer to see if she can tell us anything.

She looks at the screen, mutters a bit, turns to colleague and says what does that mean, he responds that he is not sure.....Now the paranoia has well and truly set in.

They still let us back into Canada,, so can't be all bad, can it?

Old Mar 16th 2010, 6:10 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by purple80
Your not the only one....We had to go and renew WP today, when we were at the Immigration desk we were chatting to the IO about our future plans. She asked if we were planning to file for PR, we said that we had already, she checks the computer to see if she can tell us anything.

She looks at the screen, mutters a bit, turns to colleague and says what does that mean, he responds that he is not sure.....Now the paranoia has well and truly set in.

Probably something to do with the further medical req's, I wouldn't worry too much... Frustrating nonetheless! Really hoping I don't have to renew my WP!
Old Mar 16th 2010, 6:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Irish-Jembow
Hi G77,
We done medicals on 8th Jan. Just got request for passports today. So
keep an eye on that postman.
Great news

Originally Posted by G77

Hang in there G77 won't be long now

Just what you need eh Charlie fingers crossed for you xx
Old Mar 16th 2010, 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by G77
Probably something to do with the further medical req's, I wouldn't worry too much... Frustrating nonetheless! Really hoping I don't have to renew my WP!
Hope your right about the further medical tests....

We didn't want to either, $226 for photo's, $300 for WP, on top of that there is the fuel etc. To make things worse, when we got to the consulate at 7.15am, they told us that children were no longer allowed in.....Grrr

Thank god for in car DVD and the spare set of keys that I took, entertaining three children in the business district of Buffalo at 7am is not easy.

WP is only for six months, we will also have to have another set of photos done (another $200) when PPR arrives.

On the plus side the trip was quicker than last year and everyone was super friendly. Whilst we were doing WP at Fort Erie, a guy who had been at the consulate was "landing".

I had tears rolling down my cheek when his IO gave him the whole welcome to Canada speech.

Old Mar 16th 2010, 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by Coffeepot
Just what you need eh Charlie fingers crossed for you xx
Know what you mean, at this rate you get PPR before me.....
Old Mar 16th 2010, 6:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Know what you mean, at this rate you get PPR before me.....
I doubt it hun, only thing i might get is a WP if we can sell the house
Old Mar 18th 2010, 9:38 am
Just Joined

Irish-Jembow is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by G77

Still in Ireland. Have to decide now where we are going.

Plan when we applied was to go to Victoria, BC but alot has changed in property prices here and BC. Ours property crashed and theirs boomed. Might rule out initial plan.

J.
Old Mar 18th 2010, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

nikkim will become famous soon enoughnikkim will become famous soon enough

Still nothing here - am desperate to book flights to visit UK - I hate this waiting!!!!!!!!
Old Mar 18th 2010, 5:25 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by nikkim
Still nothing here - am desperate to book flights to visit UK - I hate this waiting!!!!!!!!
Snap
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 2:14 pm
Forum Regular

nikkim will become famous soon enoughnikkim will become famous soon enough

wel emailed CHC and they replied saying they sent email for visa issuance on March 18th. We never received this email as think they are still using an incorrect email address even though we have told them it has changed.
So am assuming this is passport requests but need them to re-email to confirm.
Hopefully we are at the end now - good luck to everyone else
Nikki
x
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 2:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

wel emailed CHC and they replied saying they sent email for visa issuance on March 18th. We never received this email as think they are still using an incorrect email address even though we have told them it has changed.
Nikki
x
Fingers crossed
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 2:40 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

Sounds like good news Nikki! What excuse did you use for emailing them?

Still nothing here, last correspondence was on the 4th March when I asked if they got the meds ok and they said they had but were missing some info from our case (to which I replied and said I'd already sent them with the RPRF cheque!).

Wondering if it's too soon to pester them again.....?
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 2:41 pm

Nikki
x
We have emailed them as well as we are now chewing fingers instead of nails (none of those left!). We only emailed last night, but am pacing around like a lunatic today. Not sure how much more of this I can stand, I am a nervous wreck, worrying about the consequences of not getting PR.......
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by G77
Sounds like good news Nikki! What excuse did you use for emailing them?

Still nothing here, last correspondence was on the 4th March when I asked if they got the meds ok and they said they had but were missing some info from our case (to which I replied and said I'd already sent them with the RPRF cheque!).

Wondering if it's too soon to pester them again.....?
You could always email and confirm that they got the missing bits? How quickly did they email back?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.