Police Certificate HARD to obtain

Old Dec 17th 2012, 3:25 pm
Never Live to Regret

staceyhall71 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Police Certificate HARD to obtain

Hello guys. I am applying for an IEC visa for 2013 and i am finding it hard to obtain my police certificate from AFGHANISTAN. I have worked here since AUG 2011 but not consecutively. I work 9 weeks on 3 week home (UK) i have contacted the Afghanistan embassy in London asking them for help with regards to obtaining a cert and they dont reply!! i have been waiting a good few months. Is there any way i can get round this????
I know on CIC website it says to contact the embassy but thats is what i have done with no luck! any1 else had any issues???
Old Dec 17th 2012, 4:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

AdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Police Certificate HARD to obtain

Some countries are difficult - I think the best you can do is write to CIC, explaining the steps you have taken, where that advice came from, and what evidence you have to show the Afghanis lack of response.
Old Dec 17th 2012, 5:34 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

As you are in Afghanistan for 9 weeks at a time (presuming you are still working there) couldn't you apply to the Ministry of Interior rather than the Embassy?

"... If you live in Afghanistan

Apply at the nearest office of the Ministry of the Interior by sending a letter of explanation indicating why you are requesting a police certificate. There is no specific form to be completed. The Ministry of the Interior will issue you the police clearance document.... "
Old Dec 23rd 2012, 9:38 pm
Never Live to Regret

Originally Posted by siouxie
As you are in Afghanistan for 9 weeks at a time (presuming you are still working there) couldn't you apply to the Ministry of Interior rather than the Embassy?

"... If you live in Afghanistan

Apply at the nearest office of the Ministry of the Interior by sending a letter of explanation indicating why you are requesting a police certificate. There is no specific form to be completed. The Ministry of the Interior will issue you the police clearance document.... "
Hi guys thanks for the info, i have applied to ministry of interior with no luck. The only thing is, i am not allowed off any army base while working in Afghanistan so cant really travel around. My work is directly on the base. Do you think if i send them my work contract and explain i work with the US and British army and if i was involved in any criminal activity i would be removed from the country? would help my case???
Old Dec 24th 2012, 12:11 am
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by staceyhall71
Hi guys thanks for the info, i have applied to ministry of interior with no luck. The only thing is, i am not allowed off any army base while working in Afghanistan so cant really travel around. My work is directly on the base. Do you think if i send them my work contract and explain i work with the US and British army and if i was involved in any criminal activity i would be removed from the country? would help my case???
You could explain all this to your commanding officer and have them write a letter explaining why you cannot obtain a Police clearance certificate. Explain to CIC the reasons and include the letter from your CO.
Old Dec 28th 2012, 10:52 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Hello guys. I am applying for an IEC visa for 2013 and i am finding it hard to obtain my police certificate from AFGHANISTAN. I have worked here since AUG 2011 but not consecutively. I work 9 weeks on 3 week home (UK) i have contacted the Afghanistan embassy in London asking them for help with regards to obtaining a cert and they dont reply!! i have been waiting a good few months. Is there any way i can get round this????
I know on CIC website it says to contact the embassy but thats is what i have done with no luck! any1 else had any issues???
If you havent lived their consecutively for 6 months or more you dont need to provide a police cert but you must show the periods of going back and forth on your application - ie Jan 2012 - feb 2012 Afghanistan, Feb 2012 - Mar 2012 UK, Apr 2012 - May 2012 Afghanistan etc to explain why you do not need to provide one
Old Dec 29th 2012, 11:49 am
Forum Regular

Ailsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really nice

Just curious... But would a UK Army base not be classed as UK soil and therefore covered by a UK police cert?

Do you have to go through passport control when you get there and get admitted into the country? ie: would the Afgan embassy even know you were there?
Old Dec 29th 2012, 1:58 pm
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ailsa n Dave
Just curious... But would a UK Army base not be classed as UK soil and therefore covered by a UK police cert?

Do you have to go through passport control when you get there and get admitted into the country? ie: would the Afgan embassy even know you were there?
A UK overseas army base is not classed as UK soil and would not be covered by a UK police cert. I was in the Royal Engineers, based in Germany for years. I needed a German Police Clearance cert for the purposes of my FSW application.
Old Feb 1st 2013, 4:51 pm
Never Live to Regret

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
If you havent lived their consecutively for 6 months or more you dont need to provide a police cert but you must show the periods of going back and forth on your application - ie Jan 2012 - feb 2012 Afghanistan, Feb 2012 - Mar 2012 UK, Apr 2012 - May 2012 Afghanistan etc to explain why you do not need to provide one

Yes that what i was thinking but i have been in and out of the country for 18 months now. I dont go through passport control in Afghanistan as i am flew directly onto an army base. So no the afghan embassy probably would know im there. Im just thinking as i dont work there consecutively it should be that i dont need one.
Its terribly hard trying to obtain one through the embassy and ministry of interior as they dont reply!!
Old Feb 1st 2013, 4:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Yes that what i was thinking but i have been in and out of the country for 18 months now. I dont go through passport control in Afghanistan as i am flew directly onto an army base. So no the afghan embassy probably would know im there. Im just thinking as i dont work there consecutively it should be that i dont need one.
Its terribly hard trying to obtain one through the embassy and ministry of interior as they dont reply!!
Like I said on the IEC forum either try to get one via the 2 x addresses I gave or write a grovelling letter to CIC with your application as to why you cannot get one and give them details like you mention above.
Old Feb 1st 2013, 6:12 pm
Just Joined

tomTO is on a distinguished road

Are you a civilian contractor? I was deployed on Herrick 13, and didn't have to get an Afghan police certificate...maybe it's because we were training them, haha (jk).
Old Feb 1st 2013, 9:21 pm
Never Live to Regret

Originally Posted by tomTO
Are you a civilian contractor? I was deployed on Herrick 13, and didn't have to get an Afghan police certificate...maybe it's because we were training them, haha (jk).
Yes, im an electrical contractor on a british base. I hear ya!
Old Feb 1st 2013, 9:28 pm
Just Joined

tomTO is on a distinguished road

Yes, im an electrical contractor on a british base. I hear ya!
Yeah, I'd obviously ask when the time came round, but honestly, I seriously doubt you'd need one. I'm assuming you're in B*****n, so I doubt you'd have had much interaction with the local population at all.

Edited for spelling*

Last edited by tomTO; Feb 1st 2013 at 9:34 pm.