Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

PR app via-BC PNP...taking a very long time?

PR app via-BC PNP...taking a very long time?

Old Jan 31st 2013, 12:32 am
Just Joined

Kieron CA is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PR app via-BC PNP...taking a very long time?

Hi,

I the CIC emailed me to say they had received my PR application on the 15th Feb 2012. I have heard absolutely nothing since, and the website where you can check the progress just says "Application Received". I have had no requests for medicals, I don't recall my credit card ever being billed (unless that happened very early on and I have just forgotten).

I'm a British Citizen, and I applied for PR under the BC PNP route from within Canada. My application went to Sydney, NS (and then presumably London?).

In two weeks it will be one year since they received my application. Is that a cause for concern? I appreciate that all cases are different, but I don't know of any reasons that mine would be considered complicated. From the forum signatures of various people here I feel like mine is taking a lot longer.

Thanks,

Kieron
Old Jan 31st 2013, 12:44 am
Just Joined

Kieron CA is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PR app via-BC PNP...taking a very long time?

Sorry, this should have been in the Immigration section.
Old Jan 31st 2013, 1:28 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Who was the e-mail from? CIO Sydney? Did it have a file number on it, confirming your application was okay?
Old Jan 31st 2013, 1:31 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

I would be contacting London and asking what is going on - that is a really long time to not hear anything on a PNP app. You should have received med requests around 6 months after London received your Application. Med requests may have got lost in the post. Contact them at the [email protected] e-mail address - provide your full name, date of birth and any file number you may have and ask them for an update on your file.
Old Jan 31st 2013, 11:04 am
Andrew

chiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Kieron CA
Hi,

I the CIC emailed me to say they had received my PR application on the 15th Feb 2012. I have heard absolutely nothing since, and the website where you can check the progress just says "Application Received". I have had no requests for medicals, I don't recall my credit card ever being billed (unless that happened very early on and I have just forgotten).

I'm a British Citizen, and I applied for PR under the BC PNP route from within Canada. My application went to Sydney, NS (and then presumably London?).

In two weeks it will be one year since they received my application. Is that a cause for concern? I appreciate that all cases are different, but I don't know of any reasons that mine would be considered complicated. From the forum signatures of various people here I feel like mine is taking a lot longer.

Thanks,

Kieron
If you applied from within Canada, your application would have gone to Ottawa I think?

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
I would be contacting London and asking what is going on - that is a really long time to not hear anything on a PNP app. You should have received med requests around 6 months after London received your Application. Med requests may have got lost in the post. Contact them at the [email protected] e-mail address - provide your full name, date of birth and any file number you may have and ask them for an update on your file.
Most PNP applications that are processed by the London VO, are receiving MR around 6-8 weeks after application has been received at London?
Old Jan 31st 2013, 11:38 am

It quite possibly went to Buffalo - which may be the reason for the delay. The email from CIO should specify which office it was being sent to. I generally request all our PNP apps go to London though.
Old Feb 1st 2013, 4:12 am
9 months, start to finish

gibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond repute

ours went through buffalo, no probs....and yep, that's a real long time! is the company chasing for answer's too? ask your HR dept for help with this. you should have had med requests by now.....
Old Feb 1st 2013, 4:39 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
Have you looked at the processing time for PNP London? CIC is showing 23 months for 80% of the applications.
Old Feb 1st 2013, 8:31 am
Andrew

chiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to all

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

Have you looked at the processing time for PNP London? CIC is showing 23 months for 80% of the applications.
Hi, I have had two emails from London VO stating that processing times for PNP is 6 months, it also states this on the High Commission website. I am not sure why CIC is stating 23 months? I don't know of any PNP applicant that has taken 23 months to be processed from London?

Regards

Andrew
Old Feb 1st 2013, 4:01 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chiefmissile
Hi, I have had two emails from London VO stating that processing times for PNP is 6 months, it also states this on the High Commission website. I am not sure why CIC is stating 23 months? I don't know of any PNP applicant that has taken 23 months to be processed from London?
You can look at the Open Data from CIC to see the exact figures from the past 12 months - if I'm reading it right then according to that, only 20% of cases were processed in 7 months or less. 80% were processed in 16 months or less.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Feb 1st 2013 at 4:06 pm.
Old Feb 1st 2013, 5:25 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
You can look at the Open Data from CIC to see the exact figures from the past 12 months - if I'm reading it right then according to that, only 20% of cases were processed in 7 months or less. 80% were processed in 16 months or less.
Here are figures from Oct/2011 to Sept/2012 from Open Data.

20 % 30 % 50 % 70 % 80%

Provincial Nominees 9 10 13 18 23
Old Feb 1st 2013, 6:20 pm
B.E.Enthusiast

vettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nice
Question Re: PR app via-BC PNP...taking a very long time?

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

Here are figures from Oct/2011 to Sept/2012 from Open Data.

20 % 30 % 50 % 70 % 80%

Provincial Nominees 9 10 13 18 23
Hi PMM,

Based on these figures, would that mean most people would have had to take their medicals twice if exceeding 12-23 months processing time from the date London receive the application?

I thought myself like many others on this forum, that the fiqures quoted were from start to finish ie: from provincial nomination to final processing by London VO. Ie: Final receipt of PR Card

I have seen Chief Missiles email from London VO and its does state 6 months from receipt of a complete application from the date London receive it.

I suppose 6 months is just a guideline, but vary's due to individual cases.

Last edited by vettemaster; Feb 1st 2013 at 6:23 pm.
Old Feb 1st 2013, 6:41 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi

Originally Posted by vettemaster
Hi PMM,

Based on these figures, would that mean most people would have had to take their medicals twice if exceeding 12-23 months processing time from the date London receive the application?

I thought myself like many others on this forum, that the fiqures quoted were from start to finish ie: from provincial nomination to final processing by London VO. Ie: Final receipt of PR Card

I have seen Chief Missiles email from London VO and its does state 6 months from receipt of a complete application from the date London receive it.

1. The processing time quoted is from when the application is received in London. The medical is request is not given up front, it will be near the back end of the application when processing is nearly complete.
2. Note the information on Open Data is a direct dump from GCMS processing. PNP applications from Pakistan could skew data, but I doubt if there are many of them.
Old Feb 1st 2013, 6:47 pm
Forum Regular

mikey_c_9 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by vettemaster
Hi PMM,

Hello from a fellow Somerset-onian(?) now living in Vancouver!

I don't know the exact answer (sorry), but I have asked this question in the past - and from my understanding, if your medicals are shown on ECAS as received - and you haven't been contacted about any issues - then I'm pretty sure you won't have to re-take them.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the medicals would have to be re-done if (for example) their was an issue with your paperwork, which you would have to re-submit thus taking your application process over the 12 month threshold. I think they review the medicals AFTER all of your paperwork is in order.
Old Feb 1st 2013, 6:55 pm
B.E.Enthusiast

vettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nice

Originally Posted by mikey_c_9
Hello from a fellow Somerset-onian(?) now living in Vancouver!

I don't know the exact answer (sorry), but I have asked this question in the past - and from my understanding, if your medicals are shown on ECAS as received - and you haven't been contacted about any issues - then I'm pretty sure you won't have to re-take them.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the medicals would have to be re-done if (for example) their was an issue with your paperwork, which you would have to re-submit thus taking your application process over the 12 month threshold. I think they review the medicals AFTER all of your paperwork is in order.
Hello Mikey,

Nice to know there is someone else from the area We are in process like you and our medicals were completed in July 2012. We just sent extra medical info in today via our DMP. Our E-Cas has never been updated since 23/4/2012. We were requested extra information from London in May 2012 then it was medical requests and RPRF and photos.

It is strange with the E-cas thing , as some people have never had e-cas updated until the end ie: at passport requests

Last edited by vettemaster; Feb 1st 2013 at 6:57 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.