Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

PE teacher wanting to teach in Canada

PE teacher wanting to teach in Canada

Old Feb 14th 2013, 6:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: PE teacher wanting to teach in Canada

Originally Posted by lorerodri
Manitobain, NS program call "Community Identified Stream"??
yes
Old Feb 15th 2013, 12:39 pm
Forum Regular

AJRowan has a brilliant futureAJRowan has a brilliant futureAJRowan has a brilliant futureAJRowan has a brilliant futureAJRowan has a brilliant futureAJRowan has a brilliant futureAJRowan has a brilliant future

Reading your posts with interest. My daughter has recently applied to the world education services to have her teaching qualification recognised world wide. According to them it is then simply a formality to get registration in any country.
Old Feb 15th 2013, 1:21 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AJRowan
According to them it is then simply a formality to get registration in any country.

I'm sure the people on this forum that have spent months getting registered as a teacher in Canada (yes, even after having their credentials assessed by one of the many agencies that do it) would love it to be 'simply a formality'.

How they can make such a sweeping statement when requirements not only differs massively from country to country, but also province to province in Canada, is a bit puzzling.
Old Feb 15th 2013, 1:27 pm
Andrew

chiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to all

Originally Posted by christmasoompa

I'm sure the people on this forum that have spent months getting registered as a teacher in Canada (yes, even after having their credentials assessed by one of the many agencies that do it) would love it to be 'simply a formality'.

How they can make such a sweeping statement when requirements not only differs massively from country to country, but also province to province in Canada, is a bit puzzling.
After the process my other half went through, I completely agree with christmasoompa. What ever qualifications you have, the transcripts from your degree course will need to accessed and aligned with the Canadian system regardless, so that "simply a formality" statement will be "simply more than a formality"

Regards

Andrew
Old Feb 15th 2013, 4:19 pm
Forum Regular

AJRowan has a brilliant futureAJRowan has a brilliant futureAJRowan has a brilliant futureAJRowan has a brilliant futureAJRowan has a brilliant futureAJRowan has a brilliant futureAJRowan has a brilliant future

Really scary the amount of conflicting information out there. Must admit it seemed a bit too simple to me too. Interesting to hear from people what the reality actually is. So useful when you can share others experiences of situations.

Last edited by AJRowan; Feb 15th 2013 at 4:21 pm. Reason: Spelling mistake
Old Feb 15th 2013, 4:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Conmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa

Right you are, perhaps we should call it, hm, ...marketing...
Old Feb 15th 2013, 5:04 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Really scary the amount of conflicting information out there. Must admit it seemed a bit too simple to me too. Interesting to hear from people what the reality actually is. So useful when you can share others experiences of situations.
There's loads of info on the forum from teachers. Look for posts by Helcat - she's the most recent teacher to have got certified on the forum that I can recall. Took her six months to get certified after obtaining PR.

I assume your daughter is aware of how tough she'll find it getting employed as a teacher, even once certified? http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Teaching_in_Canada

Which province is she heading to?
Old Feb 15th 2013, 5:43 pm
Forum Regular

Yes she is aware, she is not actually coming with us having recently accepted a teaching post in Moscow. She is just one of these people that always has a plan A a plan B and a back up plan lol. The world education accreditation was simply a means of covering all her bases. However, beginning to wonder if it was actually worth the bother or the expense. The forum is excellent for hearing the reality of situations rather than the hype.
Old Mar 8th 2013, 5:20 pm
Just Joined

BECKIE1982 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All, I am back again!!
SO we have got our English test in 2 weeks, filled out as much as we can with the application form but have a question regarding the NOC.

I have found on the CanadaVisa.com website dated today that the code for teacher secondary school is 4141. I belive this is classes as A? Is this correct?

Thanks peeps!
Old Mar 8th 2013, 9:11 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Cool Re: PE teacher wanting to teach in Canada

Originally Posted by BECKIE1982
Hi All, I am back again!!
SO we have got our English test in 2 weeks, filled out as much as we can with the application form but have a question regarding the NOC.

I have found on the CanadaVisa.com website dated today that the code for teacher secondary school is 4141. I belive this is classes as A? Is this correct?

Thanks peeps!
It would be better to look at the official website to determine your NOC, just in case the website you've found is out of date or incorrect - which is the case with canadavisa.com.

The actual NOC code is 4131, it changed from 4141 a while ago - http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/noc/english/...al=4&val1=4031

But yes, it's skill level A on the Matrix. As you've already been given duff info by 'agencies' and are now looking at unofficial websites and getting out of date info there too, can I suggest you stick to the CIC and HRSDC websites?

Out of interest, what application form are you filling in, do you have a job offer? You do know that CIC have now announced that there will be a list of in demand occupations for FSW visas when the program opens in May? It's incredibly unlikely that secondary school teachers will be on that list, so I just wanted to check you were aware if that and not filling in the FSW forms.

HTH.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Mar 8th 2013 at 9:17 pm.
Old Mar 8th 2013, 9:23 pm
Just Joined

Question Re: PE teacher wanting to teach in Canada

Hi, we are not using a company now. My boyfriend called the cic in canada and they said to go with the FSW application in my name??
Old Mar 8th 2013, 9:28 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by BECKIE1982
Hi, we are not using a company now. My boyfriend called the cic in canada and they said to go with the FSW application in my name??
Given that it's currently not even open for those without a job offer approved by HRSDC, I'm at a loss as to why they told you that. Unfortunately, if you phone CIC you don't actually speak to anybody with any immigration knowledge, simply a call centre worker reading off a script.

You can easily check for yourself on the CIC website, it tells you on there who is eligible to apply as FSW at the moment, and unless you've got a job offer or come under the Phd stream (neither if which apply to you from what you've said), you simply aren't eligible to apply at the moment.

Have a read of this page to understand the program criteria better - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra.../apply-who.asp
Old Mar 8th 2013, 9:41 pm
Just Joined

Unhappy Re: PE teacher wanting to teach in Canada

Thanks. Looks like we are back to square one.
Old Mar 11th 2013, 9:18 am
Just Joined

Hi,

So as I can read, there is no point in filling out the form to hand in in MAy as I have no chance/very minimal chance of getting PR?

We deffinately need a job offer before we can apply, even if my O/H applies with his construction experience - although he does not have any qualifications, just experience.

Thanks. we are gutted.
Old Mar 11th 2013, 10:08 am
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Reading your posts with interest. My daughter has recently applied to the world education services to have her teaching qualification recognised world wide. According to them it is then simply a formality to get registration in any country.
Have they sold her some genuine snake oil as well? It's probably a simple formality to give them money and get some sort of shiny certificate. It is also simple that it will be worthless in Canada (& likely anywhere else in the world).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.