Payment of application fee

Old Sep 6th 2006, 3:19 pm
Whistle a happy toon.....

dsquared has much to be proud ofdsquared has much to be proud ofdsquared has much to be proud ofdsquared has much to be proud ofdsquared has much to be proud ofdsquared has much to be proud ofdsquared has much to be proud ofdsquared has much to be proud ofdsquared has much to be proud ofdsquared has much to be proud ofdsquared has much to be proud of
Default Re: Payment of application fee

Originally Posted by KGM
I thought I had read somewhere that the draft in addition to being in Canadian Dollars has to be drawn on a Canadian bank. Although I cannot find this reference now, is it ok for the draft to be drawn on, say, Lloyds TSB?

I want to get this right so thanks again for all your help
Hi KGM

Being 'drawn' on a Canadian bank means that a Canadian bank is going to pay the payee i.e. the Receiver General for Canada. The name of that bank must be written on the cheque - which will happen automatically when the draft is arranged for you.

You can check out this website link http://www.canada.org.uk/visa-info/fees/e_fees.htm - it'll tell you everything you need to know and more!

HTH

D2
Old Sep 6th 2006, 5:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

delsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jempee
When we got the application sent off we went to Barclays for a bankers draft and the nice lady at the foreign exchange counter gave us the draft there and then. When we went a little while later for the next one we had to wait and have it sent to us. We also sent our work permit one off (but decided not to go due to house not selling!) when it was 4 months old, they never queried it or rejected it.

Well I rang HSBC today as I am getting one prepared for my application. I was told it took 4 days! Cost I believe was £12.

Last time I got one to buy a car, I rang in the morning and it was ready to collect that afternoon! Perhaps it takes longer as it is in international funds? Not sure but thought when you are going to wait 4 year, 4 extra days won't hurt
Old Sep 6th 2006, 5:46 pm
Forum Regular

mels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by delsol79
Well I rang HSBC today as I am getting one prepared for my application. I was told it took 4 days! Cost I believe was £12.

Last time I got one to buy a car, I rang in the morning and it was ready to collect that afternoon! Perhaps it takes longer as it is in international funds? Not sure but thought when you are going to wait 4 year, 4 extra days won't hurt
They say 4 days, but ours arrived within 2 days. Halifax charged us £10, it came from the bank of Nova Scotia so that is why it takes a little longer. It'll be worth though won't it!

Good luck

Mel
Old Sep 6th 2006, 6:59 pm
Just Joined

nipperdog is on a distinguished road
Talking Re: Payment of application fee

We ordered ours last Friday, and got a telephone message today saying it was ready, HSBC told us that Canada is the only country that insists on a bankers draft being typed and not written, so it has to be sent off as they haven't got a typewriter in our branch! We were told it will cost £20.
We tried to get one last year to pay for written tests for EPS, but ended up having to pay in Canadian dollars because of the delay!
On a funnier note when we ordered the Bankers Draft for $1100 CDN the cashier said "Does £97 sound about right?" I wish!
Old Sep 6th 2006, 7:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

pinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by KGM
I thought I had read somewhere that the draft in addition to being in Canadian Dollars has to be drawn on a Canadian bank. Although I cannot find this reference now, is it ok for the draft to be drawn on, say, Lloyds TSB?

I want to get this right so thanks again for all your help
Thats right, it does have to be made out in Canadian Dollars, and it does have to be drawn on a Canadian Bank (at least thats what I had to do, as far as I know this hasn't changed) I checked my old Bankers Draft receipt from 2004 and it shows that the Drawee Bank is Royal Bank of Canada. My Bankers Draft was all done through NatWest.
Best thing to do is print off the payment instructions from the CIC website and take it into the Bank. I did that and they pretty much knew what I wanted and were very helpful.

Hope this helps.