Ontario pnp

Old Oct 5th 2020, 8:21 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ontario pnp

Originally Posted by Fwilkin
Ok so we received a work permit support letter which I presume we use to apply for the work permit online?
TIA
Yes. If you look at the link for applying online then you can see the document checklist that tells you everything you need to include.

HTH.
Old Oct 5th 2020, 9:51 pm
Forum Regular

Fwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond repute

Great thank you! I’ll have a read and start the process. I presume once the work permit is granted to my husband we are still able to travel there as a family? I have read conflicting things with the current restrictions. 😊
Old Oct 5th 2020, 10:00 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Great thank you! I’ll have a read and start the process. I presume once the work permit is granted to my husband we are still able to travel there as a family? I have read conflicting things with the current restrictions. 😊
At the moment, no. But it will take at least 8 weeks usually to get the work permit approval, so who knows what rules will be in place by then!

If you're not allowed to travel on an ETA by then, and your husband goes ahead of you, then you can read this for info on how to apply for an exemption once he's out there - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...html#temporary

HTH.
Old Oct 5th 2020, 10:55 pm
Forum Regular

Fwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond repute

Ok so the only option would be for him to travel ahead and Then I follow with the children once I receive the exemption letter, we couldn’t wait for the exemption letter and then all travel together? 😊
Old Oct 7th 2020, 5:55 am
Forum Regular

Sorry to keep posting for help, we have just been looking at the application process now we have PNP.
A few questions.....
Do we apply for the work permit 1st and then PR? or can we do both at the same time? or PR then work permit?

how do I apply to work in Canada? do we do this prior to leaving to move or do we do this once in canada? When we applied for PNP we had to submit the information for us all however my husband its the main applicant as he has the job offer.

Also can the children school on a work permit? do they need study permits? would we apply for these online or once we arrive in canada?

Thanks for the help
Old Oct 7th 2020, 5:37 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to keep posting for help, we have just been looking at the application process now we have PNP.
A few questions.....
Do we apply for the work permit 1st and then PR? or can we do both at the same time? or PR then work permit?

how do I apply to work in Canada? do we do this prior to leaving to move or do we do this once in canada? When we applied for PNP we had to submit the information for us all however my husband its the main applicant as he has the job offer.

Also can the children school on a work permit? do they need study permits? would we apply for these online or once we arrive in canada?

Thanks for the help
If you have received PNP nomination please make extra sure that you submit your full application for Permanent Residence within the time constraints - check your nomination letter for your cut off date! Just reminding because we have seen others forget or not realise that they must submit the full PR application to Immigration and Citizenship Canada and they lost not only their nomination, but their chance of putting in a PR application because they didn't submit within the time limit.

Yes, your children can attend school! When you arrive (get a copy of your spouse's work permit and their contract of employment) you will ask for Visitor Records for each of your children (this is instead of the normal 'stamp' in the passport - this will give them status to be able to attend school.... no study permit required unless they are post secondary age. Normally you would apply when you arrive for a Spousal Open Work Permit, but that isn't possible at the moment. You won't be able to get it until your spouse has their work permit, so perhaps wait and see if things change.

Last edited by Siouxie; Oct 7th 2020 at 5:45 pm.
Old Oct 11th 2020, 3:04 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for the reply.
all paperwork for PR now done just waiting on ACRO for our police checks and then I can send it all off, will then submit the online application for his work permit! Covid sure is throwing a spanner in the works for travelling, hopefully things change and we can all travel together 🤞🏼
Honestly can’t thank you all enough for your help, we have been trying to get over for years now and with the PNP being approved it finally feels possible, everyone’s guidance has been so helpful 😊