Wikiposts

Ontario pnp

Old Jul 21st 2020, 8:55 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ontario pnp

Originally Posted by Lichisadave
No It timed out I’m so disappointed I was up in the night checking as I knew it was opening and up at 5.30 am waiting. I got in the priority queue as soon as it opened and had my one key ready to log in, then spent hours waiting for it to let get to the portal. And didn’t get in, hopefully it will open again and it might be third time lucky we have all the paperwork ready to go as well.
Oh shame. They may do another intake at the end of year, depending on whether they've filled the quota or not.

What happened to your EE app though, I thought that was all sorted and underway? Would be much easier and cheaper than PNP anyway, if you can still do that.
Old Jul 22nd 2020, 12:49 am
Forum Regular

Lichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Oh shame. They may do another intake at the end of year, depending on whether they've filled the quota or not.

What happened to your EE app though, I thought that was all sorted and underway? Would be much easier and cheaper than PNP anyway, if you can still do that.
We are struggling with getting ECA as the AQA in the UK hasn’t been accepting new applications since Covid hit we’ve applied to WES but now stuck in limbo until AQA restarts. Apart from that we are good to go Police checks took a couple of days to get done. And obviously we can’t do Medicals yet so it’s all on AQA opening up again. Those extra points really do make a difference
Old Jul 22nd 2020, 12:56 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lichisadave
We are struggling with getting ECA as the AQA in the UK hasn’t been accepting new applications since Covid hit we’ve applied to WES but now stuck in limbo until AQA restarts. Apart from that we are good to go Police checks took a couple of days to get done. And obviously we can’t do Medicals yet so it’s all on AQA opening up again. Those extra points really do make a difference
Ah, I see. Hope you can get your ECA sorted asap and apply under EE.

Don't get medicals done yet, wait for them to be requested.

Best of luck.
Old Jul 22nd 2020, 5:19 am
Forum Regular

Lichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Ah, I see. Hope you can get your ECA sorted asap and apply under EE.

Don't get medicals done yet, wait for them to be requested.

Best of luck.
Thanks
Old Jul 25th 2020, 11:18 pm
Forum Regular

Fwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond repute

Ok so we have all our paperwork ready to submit, just going to have another check through!
If it gets accepted what is the next step for us? We were looking at PR but the time frame Can be 18months, can we go to Canada and set up live & work And the kids school whilst this is being processed?
thanks for your help
Old Jul 25th 2020, 11:47 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Fwilkin
Ok so we have all our paperwork ready to submit, just going to have another check through!
If it gets accepted what is the next step for us? We were looking at PR but the time frame Can be 18months, can we go to Canada and set up live & work And the kids school whilst this is being processed?
thanks for your help
https://www.ontario.ca/page/oinp-emp...ream#section-9

HTH.
Old Jul 26th 2020, 12:07 am
Forum Regular

Fwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you, I had read that but must have missed that part
do you know how long the work permit would be valid or is it just continuous until you are granted PR?
Old Jul 27th 2020, 3:54 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Thank you, I had read that but must have missed that part
do you know how long the work permit would be valid or is it just continuous until you are granted PR?
It's not continuous, and it can vary, but 2 years would be fairly standard.

HTH.
Old Jul 27th 2020, 9:27 am
Forum Regular

Ok thank you!

we are just struggling when completing one of the questions on the application.

the question asks: have you ever submitted or been included in an application for PR to IRCC?

do we state yes because we have a eligible profile With a UCI and profile number in the EE pool however current status is update not submitted.
Or do we state no because it doesn’t count as an application.

TIA
Old Jul 27th 2020, 9:30 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Ok thank you!

we are just struggling when completing one of the questions on the application.

the question asks: have you ever submitted or been included in an application for PR to IRCC?

do we state yes because we have a eligible profile With a UCI and profile number in the EE pool however current status is update not submitted.
Or do we state no because it doesn’t count as an application.

TIA
You put no, you haven't applied for PR yet, as you haven't been invited to. You've only entered the pool of EE applicants, it's not a PR application.

HTH.
Old Aug 28th 2020, 4:04 am
Forum Regular

Hi christmasoompa

After reading all the information for the oinp we submitted all the relevant paperwork, the only thing we didn't provide was the employers previous job advertisements, after reading on the link you gave above everywhere on there said you MAY need to supply these or May need to supply these at a later date if requested I'm now panicking that we should have included these although they were not asked for on the actual application, I'm unsure if you can clarify this for me?
After 10 days of submitting they came back and they asked for further documents which we supplied but the job advertisements weren't asked for, would this have been asked for if they needed it?
Do you have any experience of how long it takes for them to come back with an answer? the suspense is killing me

Many Thanks
Old Aug 28th 2020, 10:40 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Hi christmasoompa

After reading all the information for the oinp we submitted all the relevant paperwork, the only thing we didn't provide was the employers previous job advertisements, after reading on the link you gave above everywhere on there said you MAY need to supply these or May need to supply these at a later date if requested I'm now panicking that we should have included these although they were not asked for on the actual application, I'm unsure if you can clarify this for me?
After 10 days of submitting they came back and they asked for further documents which we supplied but the job advertisements weren't asked for, would this have been asked for if they needed it?
Do you have any experience of how long it takes for them to come back with an answer? the suspense is killing me

Many Thanks
Proof of advertising is only required for certain applications. See the notice posted May 20th for more info - https://www.ontario.ca/page/2020-ont...ates#section-3

Processing time is 3-4 months, so you’ve got a while to go before a decision.

Good luck.
Old Oct 5th 2020, 7:39 am
Forum Regular

Hi christmasoompa
Our OINP application was approved today
Reading through all the paperwork we have received it states we can't use our certificate of nomination to apply via EE for PR we have to apply via paper to IRCC, this is fine. Looking at the process of gaining a work permit, I am sure I had previously read this is something you can do at port of entry also giving your biometrics there too, looking on the CIC website it just days about applying online and going to get biometrics done at your local VFS which for us is in London ( 3 hours away) is this due to covid you now can't do it at POE or did i dream that I read that previously?

Many Thanks for all your help
Old Oct 5th 2020, 7:52 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Hi christmasoompa
Our OINP application was approved today
Reading through all the paperwork we have received it states we can't use our certificate of nomination to apply via EE for PR we have to apply via paper to IRCC, this is fine. Looking at the process of gaining a work permit, I am sure I had previously read this is something you can do at port of entry also giving your biometrics there too, looking on the CIC website it just days about applying online and going to get biometrics done at your local VFS which for us is in London ( 3 hours away) is this due to covid you now can't do it at POE or did i dream that I read that previously?

Many Thanks for all your help
Travel restrictions at the moment mean you can't even get on a plane until you've got your letter of introduction for the work permit, so yes, you need to apply beforehand - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...n-workers.html

HTH.
Old Oct 5th 2020, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

Ok so we received a work permit support letter which I presume we use to apply for the work permit online?
TIA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.