Obtaining a visa

Old Apr 22nd 2022, 12:18 pm
Forum Regular

CFoster26 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Obtaining a visa

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
OK, so you'll lose points in October, that will drop you down to 468 so will be borderline. There's a slim chance you'll already have had an ITA by then, but only if they start the program up again fairly soon (as mentioned above, it's been paused since Dec 2020 and when it restarts the points threshold is likely to be higher for a while). Did you include your husband's education and English ability when you took the points test?
No I didn’t. And I put mine as 7 score which hopefully I would be looking at higher but I’m basing things on worst case scenario!
Old Apr 22nd 2022, 12:22 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CFoster26
No I didn’t. And I put mine as 7 score which hopefully I would be looking at higher but I’m basing things on worst case scenario!
OK, so if you get top marks on the IELTS that will give you a good chunk more. And I'd definitely get your husband to do IELTS and get an ECA for his education too, so that will help as well.

Might be worth just popping your points breakdown on here so somebody can take a look, it does seem quite high for somebody aged 32 without a degree, so best to double check it before you spend out on ECA's and IELTS.
Old May 26th 2022, 10:33 am
Forum Regular

Hi,
im back 🤣 so we have the job offer and the Ielts done. We need to get the eca. Does anyone know the best place to get this done? And do I send all qualifications or just highest one?
Old May 26th 2022, 10:45 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
im back 🤣 so we have the job offer and the Ielts done. We need to get the eca. Does anyone know the best place to get this done? And do I send all qualifications or just highest one?
Depends on what you're applying for, what did you decide to do in the end? Have you got the LMIA as well as the job offer or are you still waiting for that?

For your ECA, you can use any of the authorised agencies - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...essed/how.html I'd just check all of their processing times, as it can vary by as much as 6 months, so go with whoever is the quickest.

And it will depend on the qualifications as to what you need to provide. Remember that only academic qualifications count for points purposes (so vocational or professional ones, such as NVQ's, don't need to be submitted). Generally only your highest credential needs to be submitted, but let us know what it is and we can advise.

Last edited by christmasoompa; May 26th 2022 at 10:47 am.
Old May 26th 2022, 10:51 am
Forum Regular

Depends on what you're applying for, what did you decide to do in the end? Have you got the LMIA as well as the job offer or are you still waiting for that?

For your ECA, you can use any of the authorised agencies - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...essed/how.html I'd just check all of their processing times, as it can vary by as much as 6 months, so go with whoever is the quickest.

And it will depend on the qualifications as to what you need to provide. Remember that only academic qualifications count for points purposes (so vocational or professional ones, such as NVQ's, don't need to be submitted). Generally only your highest credential needs to be submitted, but let us know what it is and we can advise.
haven’t got the LMIA yet but he is looking into it.
I have got a diploma in funeral directing but other than that just my GCSE’s?
Old May 26th 2022, 10:54 am
SUPER MODERATOR

haven’t got the LMIA yet but he is looking into it.
I have got a diploma in funeral directing but other than that just my GCSE’s?
Your diploma won't usually count for points as that's a professional qualification rather than academic, but it may help you get an assessment for secondary education being completed (as GCSE's aren't normally enough for that - in Canada secondary school runs to age 18, so anybody that finished education age 16 isn't deemed to have completed secondary school). So definitely include both. But you may not need an ECA at all, depending on the visa route you're hoping to go over on, what are you actually applying for?

The LMIA can take 3-4 months, so hopefully he'll apply for that asap.
Old May 26th 2022, 10:57 am
Forum Regular

Your diploma won't usually count for points as that's a professional qualification rather than academic, but it may help you get an assessment for secondary education being completed (as GCSE's aren't normally enough for that - in Canada secondary school runs to age 18, so anybody that finished education age 16 isn't deemed to have completed secondary school). So definitely include both. But you may not need an ECA at all, depending on the visa route you're hoping to go over on, what are you actually applying for?

The LMIA can take 3-4 months, so hopefully he'll apply for that asap.

Express Entry. Our jobs are Cat B which are included in skilled trades.
Old May 26th 2022, 11:06 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Express Entry. Our jobs are Cat B which are included in skilled trades.
I didn't think you had enough points for EE? Have you retaken the test with your IELTS and it's bumped it up enough?
Old May 26th 2022, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

I didn't think you had enough points for EE? Have you retaken the test with your IELTS and it's bumped it up enough?
I put in all results and my husbands and what I thought would be right on education and it gave me an express entry code 🤷🏻‍♀️
Old May 26th 2022, 11:08 am
Forum Regular

I haven’t started a application yet. I just did the eligibility for express entry
Old May 26th 2022, 11:09 am
SUPER MODERATOR

I put in all results and my husbands and what I thought would be right on education and it gave me an express entry code 🤷🏻‍♀️
Yes, which means you're eligible to enter the pool of applicants. But once in the pool, only those scoring high enough are selected and actually invited to apply for PR. See my post above - Obtaining a visa

So your CRS score is the vital bit, and I didn't think that was enough based on what you'd said previously.
Old May 26th 2022, 12:20 pm
Forum Regular

Yes, which means you're eligible to enter the pool of applicants. But once in the pool, only those scoring high enough are selected and actually invited to apply for PR. See my post above - Obtaining a visa

So your CRS score is the vital bit, and I didn't think that was enough based on what you'd said previously.
it depends on the qualification bit. We either have a diploma or just the basic. We have no uni qualifications but our FD ones. Im
trying to figure out if they count!
Old May 26th 2022, 12:24 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

it depends on the qualification bit. We either have a diploma or just the basic. We have no uni qualifications but our FD ones. Im
trying to figure out if they count!
You can check each ECA provider's website for info on what they will assess, but only academic qualifications are accepted.

But even if they were I'm not sure your points are enough. What is your CRS score with just secondary education, and what is it with your diploma? If it's not enough with the diploma you need to look at other options as per my posts above.
Old May 26th 2022, 12:30 pm
Forum Regular

You can check each ECA provider's website for info on what they will assess, but only academic qualifications are accepted.

But even if they were I'm not sure your points are enough. What is your CRS score with just secondary education, and what is it with your diploma? If it's not enough with the diploma you need to look at other options as per my posts above.
Its below 400 with only high school but 450 if not a bit more with diploma
Old May 26th 2022, 12:35 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Its below 400 with only high school but 450 if not a bit more with diploma
OK, so not enough unfortunately.

There are about 60,000 people currently in the pool scoring higher than that. The last time the points level for a draw was below 450 was nearly 4 years ago (it was 470 and above as a general rule), and as the program will have been paused for 18 months by the time it resumes in July, I'd expect the points level to be considerably higher for quite some time.

You'll need to look at other options, either going over on a work permit first and then applying once you've got your points up through some Canadian work experience, or PNP.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.