Obtaining a visa

Old Apr 20th 2022, 4:36 pm
Forum Regular

CFoster26 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Obtaining a visa

Hi,

Me and my family are looking to move to Canada. We are both qualified Funeral Directors. How would be go about obtaining a visa and is this a job that would help us. We also have family currently in Canada but only Uncle & Aunt and cousins not immediate family!

Thanks
Old Apr 20th 2022, 4:50 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Obtaining a visa

Hi, welcome to the Canadian side of the forum! Hopefully a lot easier for you than the US.

Start with the official eligibility tool and let us know what that says - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...nada-tool.html

The NOC code for Funeral Directors is 6346 (your NOC code is just a way of classifying each job for Canadian government, so will be used in immigration). Looking at the Job Bank website, it appears there are only 10 jobs on offer across the whole of Canada which isn't great, but hopefully you'll qualify for a visa without needing a job offer. https://www.jobbank.gc.ca/marketreport/jobs/6296/CA

It's also a regulated profession, so you'll need to get licensed to work as a Funeral Director in Canada, you can see requirements for the province you're interested in here - https://www.jobbank.gc.ca/marketrepo...ements/6296/ca

HTH get you started.

Old Apr 20th 2022, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Hi, welcome to the Canadian side of the forum! Hopefully a lot easier for you than the US.

Start with the official eligibility tool and let us know what that says - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...nada-tool.html

The NOC code for Funeral Directors is 6346 (your NOC code is just a way of classifying each job for Canadian government, so will be used in immigration). Looking at the Job Bank website, it appears there are only 10 jobs on offer across the whole of Canada which isn't great, but hopefully you'll qualify for a visa without needing a job offer. https://www.jobbank.gc.ca/marketreport/jobs/6296/CA

It's also a regulated profession, so you'll need to get licensed to work as a Funeral Director in Canada, you can see requirements for the province you're interested in here - https://www.jobbank.gc.ca/marketrepo...ements/6296/ca

HTH get you started.

thank you again, your are obviously the person to talk to!

I did that test and it came up with express eligibility and then asked me about speech tests. When I said none I wasn’t eligible.. but I speak English 🤷🏻‍♀️
Old Apr 20th 2022, 6:07 pm
Forum Regular

I do also have family in Manitoba already!
Old Apr 20th 2022, 6:12 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CFoster26
thank you again, your are obviously the person to talk to!

I did that test and it came up with express eligibility and then asked me about speech tests. When I said none I wasn’t eligible.. but I speak English 🤷🏻‍♀️
Not usually with the US, it's not my area of expertise at all, just know a little bit as we're heading that way ourselves next year so I've been lurking in the US forums quite a bit recently.

Ah, yes, you do need to take an English exam. So say yes to that question, and you can assume max points for now as native speakers.

Is it your Aunt and Uncle in Manitoba?

Old Apr 20th 2022, 6:25 pm
Forum Regular

Not usually with the US, it's not my area of expertise at all, just know a little bit as we're heading that way ourselves next year so I've been lurking in the US forums quite a bit recently.

Ah, yes, you do need to take an English exam. So say yes to that question, and you can assume max points for now as native speakers.

Is it your Aunt and Uncle in Manitoba?

ok I’ve found them, £185.

yes they live in Winnipeg!
Old Apr 20th 2022, 8:08 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

You don't need to actually take the test yet though, it's only to give you an idea of your eligibility if you did take the test.

yes they live in Winnipeg!
In which case, have a look at this program - https://immigratemanitoba.com/immigr...-manitoba/swo/

HTH.
Old Apr 20th 2022, 9:13 pm
Forum Regular

You don't need to actually take the test yet though, it's only to give you an idea of your eligibility if you did take the test.

In which case, have a look at this program - https://immigratemanitoba.com/immigr...-manitoba/swo/

HTH.
but at the end if you are eligible it gives you a reference to use when you apply!
Old Apr 20th 2022, 9:30 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

but at the end if you are eligible it gives you a reference to use when you apply!
Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean? That's for applying for a visa, not applying for the English exam.
Old Apr 21st 2022, 2:52 pm
Forum Regular

So if I’ve got it right, providing I pass the English tests we are eligible for express entry. Do I still need to apply for a provincial nomination certificate or is the express entry enough?
Old Apr 21st 2022, 4:10 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

So if I’ve got it right, providing I pass the English tests we are eligible for express entry. Do I still need to apply for a provincial nomination certificate or is the express entry enough?
OK, so the eligibility tool says you're eligible for Express Entry? That's great, as it means you're eligible to enter the pool of applicants, but note that it's a two step process - once in the pool, only those scoring the highest are selected and invited to apply for PR. You'll need to be scoring above approx 470 as a rough guide, so now you know you're eligible to enter the pool you need to check your CRS score and make sure you'd be above that. The CRS calculator tool is here - https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigr...d/crs-tool.asp Again just assume max points for English for now as native speakers, it's only to give you an idea of your score and for you to work out if it's worth paying for English tests and ECA's (no point in paying for them if you wouldn't be scoring enough to get PR anyway). And take the test for both of you, as one may score higher than the other.

If you're not scoring enough and therefore EE isn't an option, PNP would be your best route, the link above gives you more info on that.

HTH.

Old Apr 21st 2022, 4:15 pm
Forum Regular

OK, so the eligibility tool says you're eligible for Express Entry? That's great, as it means you're eligible to enter the pool of applicants, but note that it's a two step process - once in the pool, only those scoring the highest are selected and invited to apply for PR. You'll need to be scoring above approx 470 as a rough guide, so now you know you're eligible to enter the pool you need to check your CRS score and make sure you'd be above that. The CRS calculator tool is here - https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigr...d/crs-tool.asp Again just assume max points for English for now as native speakers, it's only to give you an idea of your score and for you to work out if it's worth paying for English tests and ECA's (no point in paying for them if you wouldn't be scoring enough to get PR anyway). And take the test for both of you, as one may score higher than the other.

If you're not scoring enough and therefore EE isn't an option, PNP would be your best route, the link above gives you more info on that.

HTH.
So by that calculator without a provincial thing I’m scoring 423 if I get just 7’s on the tests. But 973 if we have the provincial.
Old Apr 21st 2022, 4:23 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

So by that calculator without a provincial thing I’m scoring 423 if I get just 7’s on the tests. But 973 if we have the provincial.
And what about your partner/spouse, what is he scoring? What if you score higher on the IELTS exam? Does that make it over 470 by any chance?

The PNP linked to above isn't an EE program. There are two ways of applying for PR via a Provincial Nominee Program - one is via a stream that comes under Express Entry, so you have to be in the EE pool first, and then once you get selected by the province and nominated, that gives you the extra 600 points and you get PR via EE. The other is a paper based PNP application, you apply directly to the province and don't have to be in the EE pool, it's nothing to do with EE. The program I linked to above that seems to be your best chance is a paper based application so EE wouldn't be relevant and you wouldn't need to be in the pool. The process is set out on the website above.

HTH.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Apr 21st 2022 at 4:25 pm.
Old Apr 21st 2022, 5:39 pm
Forum Regular

And what about your partner/spouse, what is he scoring? What if you score higher on the IELTS exam? Does that make it over 470 by any chance?

The PNP linked to above isn't an EE program. There are two ways of applying for PR via a Provincial Nominee Program - one is via a stream that comes under Express Entry, so you have to be in the EE pool first, and then once you get selected by the province and nominated, that gives you the extra 600 points and you get PR via EE. The other is a paper based PNP application, you apply directly to the province and don't have to be in the EE pool, it's nothing to do with EE. The program I linked to above that seems to be your best chance is a paper based application so EE wouldn't be relevant and you wouldn't need to be in the pool. The process is set out on the website above.

HTH.
Providing I pass the English tests we would qualify for the express entry as we have just had a job offered to us!
Old Apr 21st 2022, 5:42 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Providing I pass the English tests we would qualify for the express entry as we have just had a job offered to us!
That’s great, congrats! Just be aware that the job offer alone won’t be enough, you will need a LMIA as well, so make sure the employer is happy to go through that process for you. Then you’ll get the extra points for the job offer. Assume it’s a Funeral Director job?

Edit: you’ll also need your ECA to enter the EE pool so don’t forget that too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.