obligatory english a french test

Old Nov 30th 2011, 12:11 pm
Forum Regular

qverq is an unknown quantity at this point
Default obligatory english a french test

It is obligatory for me to prove my English language proficiency if got a license as a psychiatric nurse with the College of psychiatric nurses of BC? i think this requirement is a non sense for all who apply for PR and are non English speakers
Old Nov 30th 2011, 2:14 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: obligatory english a french test

Originally Posted by qverq
It is obligatory for me to prove my English language proficiency if got a license as a psychiatric nurse with the College of psychiatric nurses of BC? i think this requirement is a non sense for all who apply for PR and are non English speakers
I'm sorry, but I can't understand your post. Can you clarify if you are asking about an IELTS exam for a PR application (and if so, which route to PR are you applying under), or to work as a psychiatric nurse in BC?
Old Nov 30th 2011, 3:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

Applying to Province college and then applying for immigration are 2 different entities and requirements have to be met. Even people from countries where English is their first language have to sit English to meet requirements that is if English is required. French is the other alternative
Old Nov 30th 2011, 5:28 pm
Forum Regular

TheKellys5 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Silverdragon102
Even people from countries where English is their first language have to sit English to meet requirements that is if English is required.
Yep, can vouch for that. IELTS is required for the skilled worker app, even though I am English born and bred lol!! If you claim proficiency in French (to gain additional points on your app) then the TEF test is also required to prove your claim (even if you were born in France!).
Madness, maybe, but it's about keeping the riff raff at bay.....mmm, clearly not working cos they letting me in! :P
Old Nov 30th 2011, 5:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

scribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of light

At first you do question the need for people born and bred in a country where English is the first language........ then I come across people who fall into that category and can't communicate for toffee.

You need good communication skills to get a job, therefore to be an economic migrant it's only fair that you prove you have those skills.

When I recruit for software developers I see people are technically perfect, but turn them down because they couldn't communicate to an acceptable level to save their life.
Old Nov 30th 2011, 5:50 pm
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute

The Canadian Government doesn't give a flying fig what you think. If you wish to immigrate/work here then that's the deal.
Old Nov 30th 2011, 8:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Read your post again and then decide whether it really is terrible for people to have to prove their proficiency with English
Old Dec 1st 2011, 1:43 am
Forum Regular

RKS_in_Calgary has a brilliant futureRKS_in_Calgary has a brilliant futureRKS_in_Calgary has a brilliant futureRKS_in_Calgary has a brilliant futureRKS_in_Calgary has a brilliant futureRKS_in_Calgary has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
Read your post again and then decide whether it really is terrible for people to have to prove their proficiency with English
QED!!

(just in case there is any confusion, I agreed with Almost Canadian and the OP eloquently demonstrated this! (and no, I can't spell!))

Last edited by RKS_in_Calgary; Dec 1st 2011 at 1:47 am.
Old Dec 1st 2011, 6:44 am
BE Enthusiast

scribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by RKS_in_Calgary
....and no, I can't spell!
LOL, nor can I.

I class heavy use of the F7 key as part of being a good communicator Also, my spelling has greatly improved since i configured my browsers to underline bad spelling.
Old Dec 1st 2011, 7:51 pm
Forum Regular

RKS_in_Calgary has a brilliant futureRKS_in_Calgary has a brilliant futureRKS_in_Calgary has a brilliant futureRKS_in_Calgary has a brilliant futureRKS_in_Calgary has a brilliant futureRKS_in_Calgary has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by chrisparr
LOL, nor can I.

I class heavy use of the F7 key as part of being a good communicator Also, my spelling has greatly improved since i configured my browsers to underline bad spelling.
how do you do that then? I love spell check but never knew that you could get your browser to do this!!
Old Dec 2nd 2011, 7:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RKS_in_Calgary
how do you do that then? I love spell check but never knew that you could get your browser to do this!!
In firefox it's:

Options > Advanced > General > and tick "Check spelling as I type"

You may have to install a UK dictionary (if that's what you want).

I think my Safari install does it by default, and it's the same at work with IE8 although that install wasn't done my myself and the network guys control most of the settings.
Old Dec 2nd 2011, 6:41 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by chrisparr
In firefox it's:

Options > Advanced > General > and tick "Check spelling as I type"

You may have to install a UK dictionary (if that's what you want).

I think my Safari install does it by default, and it's the same at work with IE8 although that install wasn't done my myself and the network guys control most of the settings.
I'm on IE so will check it out - thanks for the head's up