Manitoba PNP please help

Old Nov 23rd 2011, 7:10 pm
Just Joined

lozapoz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Manitoba PNP please help

I am hoping that Manitobian may be able to help me with this...

I posted a couple of weeks ago following our exploratory visit in October (Before we were aware of the PNP strategic initiative programme grrr) As the prospective employer was not happy about all the paper work involved in obtaining an LMO (and to be honest we think that it may have been difficult to obtain one as Crane operator appears to not be a skilled shortage in Manitoba)
Sadly we never made an appointment to have a meeting to see a PNP officer whilst we were over, yet from reading up on the programme we think we have a good chance at applying for the strategic Initiative if we can get an interview. The lovely gentleman i spoke to also said that we would not need to obtain an lmo for a work permit if we had the mpnp (once again really wish we had looked into this properly before the visit)
My husband is looking at making a trip back out to winnipeg before xmas to hopefully sit his crane op equivalency test so he will be ready to start work as soon as possible. What i am asking is would it be too short notice to hope for an officer to grant us an interview (as it does state on their to ask for an interview at least 2 months before travel arrangements are made). We have emailed and tried to call but as yet have not heard anything, just wanted to know if we are being daft in hoping to see someone before xmas really.
Old Nov 27th 2011, 9:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Manitoba PNP please help

Hi, sorry for the rather late reply..the post slipped through the crack and I never saw it (thanks GC44 making me aware of it).

Since it is almost a week ago, you might have made progress on your own..if not, please let me know.

From what I know, crane operators are very much in demand (there is no such skilled job list in MB as far as I know)...but yeah.. going through the process of LMO ...not a lot of employers are ready to do so.
And yes, with nomination you have way better chances.
I can actually give you another address where you might want to apply as crane operator...but only if you are willing to travel part of the year (this guy moves houses and bridges all over MB, SK and other provinces).

Can you rush an invitation...ummm...maybe....

send me an email or PM, if you need help...
cheers
Ilse
Old Dec 1st 2011, 1:25 pm
Just Joined

lozapoz is an unknown quantity at this point

aw thanks Manitobian, being that he is soon to be ex military he is used to working away from us so would definately be interested. Will try and pm you now
Old Dec 1st 2011, 3:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

msg you back, let's see if we can get something moving ...
Old Dec 1st 2011, 4:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

jamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond repute

hi.i think you would be better contacting the crane operators union office in w/peg.
I will look out for our local rep on frid night.
n.b.----all operators are in the union..the union sorts out work etc!! so no union no job.
jimmy.
Old Dec 1st 2011, 5:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

isn't that only in Wpg and area? I so can't see the company I am talking about being in the Union...but heck, I might be wrong.
Old Dec 2nd 2011, 8:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

jamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond repute

operators engineer local987 is the crane operator union in mb.
office in Brandon.
.ahhh yes and no Manitobain the large companies are all union and imo have the best conditions ,,medical,wages,accomodatio n & travel packages and more important safety ,safety safety.
not saying that small companies are bad but for an emigrant going union might no be a bad thing.
jimmy.(not an operator ,but work,drink wi some .)