British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Manitoba - Strategic Initiative (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/manitoba-strategic-initiative-702457/)

torotee4 Jun 16th 2012 6:57 pm

Re: Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Originally Posted by Dammy (Post 10122867)
There are so many information on the internet concerning Manitoba that you can read about which will help you support your point as to why you want to settle in Manitoba. One of such is the multi-cultural nature of the province and better standard of living compared to other provinces.

If you add these to what other stuff you find on the internet concerning Manitoba, you would be able to answer the question satisfactorily.

Regards.

Thanks Dammy. Appreciated. I have just finished composing my letter.

christmasoompa Jun 17th 2012 8:17 am

Originally Posted by Dammy (Post 10122505)
@Torotee4: I really don’t know the type of question you are asking which has made christmasoompa to delete your posts.

Just to clarify for Torotee, Praize and anybody else reading, it's not 'the type of question' that is the problem, it's the fact that they have asked it and then repeatedly demanded answers to it.

This is against site rules (rule 13). Perhaps it's a cultural thing, but certainly the Brits and Canadians on the forum would find that incredibly rude. So they'll need to learn patience before they move to Canada, consider it a valuable lesson in how to be laid back like a Canadian. ;):lol:,

If somebody wants instant answers, they need to pay a professional i.e. an immigration lawyer or consultant. To ask a question on a free forum and then demand it's answered when they don't receive an immediate response is just not the done thing. You get what you pay for after all!

HTH clarify it, and if everybody could please refrain from 'bumping' their own questions up, or asking them repeatedly, it would be appreciated. If somebody knows the answer, they will help, and if they don't, then they won't.

Conmar Jun 17th 2012 9:11 am

Originally Posted by ra_XOr (Post 10122053)
Regarding the settlement funds proof, how did you show that to the immigration officer in the EV interview?

Regards,
Mostafa

Hi Mostafa :)

I'm not NostalgiaLava, but perhaps you are also interested in our experience.
Our interview took place in a professional, but relaxed atmosphere:thumbup:, we felt really good with Sarah and John, at some time we had just started to talk about funds and thus handed over our overview of funds and the copies of our account statements, they took a quick look over it, and we went on with the interview.

Finishing the online application, we had to provide current 6 months account history/transactions.

Best regards
Markus

Praize Jun 17th 2012 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by christmasoompa (Post 10123586)
Just to clarify for Torotee, Praize and anybody else reading, it's not 'the type of question' that is the problem, it's the fact that they have asked it and then repeatedly demanded answers to it.

HTH clarify it, and if everybody could please refrain from 'bumping' their own questions up, or asking them repeatedly, it would be appreciated. If somebody knows the answer, they will help, and if they don't, then they won't.

Hello Christmasoompa,
U've a very valid point there. Though I like to clarify that I wasn't:) pushy on getting answers. I only asked one question once. I am aware of forum rules, cos I've been part of an immigration forum for few years now. Anyway, thanks for your observation

cheers:)

torotee4 Jun 17th 2012 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by christmasoompa (Post 10123586)

This is against site rules (rule 13). Perhaps it's a cultural thing, but certainly the Brits and Canadians on the forum would find that incredibly rude. So they'll need to learn patience before they move to Canada, consider it a valuable lesson in how to be laid back like a Canadian. ;):lol:,

If somebody wants instant answers, they need to pay a professional i.e. an immigration lawyer or consultant. To ask a question on a free forum and then demand it's answered when they don't receive an immediate response is just not the done thing. You get what you pay for after all!

Thanks for the information.

christmasoompa Jun 17th 2012 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by Praize (Post 10123915)
Though I like to clarify that I wasn't:) pushy on getting answers. I only asked one question once.

You asked it once, and then twice 'bumped' the thread up by referring to your question and saying you were wanting an answer.

Other forums may allow you to do that, but I'm afraid BE isn't one of them.

Thx.

ra_XOr Jun 17th 2012 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by Conmar (Post 10123635)
Hi Mostafa :)

I'm not NostalgiaLava, but perhaps you are also interested in our experience.
Our interview took place in a professional, but relaxed atmosphere:thumbup:, we felt really good with Sarah and John, at some time we had just started to talk about funds and thus handed over our overview of funds and the copies of our account statements, they took a quick look over it, and we went on with the interview.

Finishing the online application, we had to provide current 6 months account history/transactions.

Best regards
Markus

Dear Markus,

Thank you for your kind support.
I just asked NostalgiaLava because i have a problem maybe she shares with me. My cash funds doesn't meet the requirement but i have no debts and own my apartment which can be evaluated with amount exceed the 14,000 $ limit.

Best Regards,
Mostafa

Praize Jun 18th 2012 5:59 am

Originally Posted by christmasoompa (Post 10124212)
You asked it once, and then twice 'bumped' the thread up by referring to your question and saying you were wanting an answer.

Other forums may allow you to do that, but I'm afraid BE isn't one of them.

Thx.

Hello christmasoompa,

"...and then twice 'bumped' the thread up by referring to your question and saying you were wanting an answer".

I've noted your observation.

praize

NostalgiaLava Jun 19th 2012 3:35 am

Hi mostafa,

The apartment played very good role in the interview. They were not pushy on seeing the 14000 cad in cash in the account. Just 6 month statements to see u get salary on regular basis.

But I think this will not fly When submitting the application. Which is why I asked others what they have done

They also suggested we wait as long s we want before submitting the app on line until we feel comfortable which is what we have done.

You should simply not rush your application in.

travel Jun 19th 2012 2:34 pm

Just a quick update from my side. I was finally able to complete and submit my online application today. I got an acknowledgement immediately and the file number within the next few minutes. So now I am in the waiting period for next 3 months :) .

@Lovely_Clouds and all who have already sent their application to CIO: I do have a question for you.

What is the right time and process for getting the Police Clearance Certificate. Did you apply through the passport office or somewhere else. I am thinking of starting that process now so that I don't waste any time when my nomination arrives. Please advise.

lovely_clouds Jun 19th 2012 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by travel (Post 10127412)
Just a quick update from my side. I was finally able to complete and submit my online application today. I got an acknowledgement immediately and the file number within the next few minutes. So now I am in the waiting period for next 3 months :) .

@Lovely_Clouds and all who have already sent their application to CIO: I do have a question for you.

What is the right time and process for getting the Police Clearance Certificate. Did you apply through the passport office or somewhere else. I am thinking of starting that process now so that I don't waste any time when my nomination arrives. Please advise.

Hey travel. Good to know that your online app is done.
About your question on PCC - Canadian embassy accepts PCC issued by either police station or Regional Post Office (India specific... diff rules for each country). Police station requires submitting the LOA copy towards proof of pcc requirement, & take 2-3 weeks in issuing the PCC due to complete verification for applicants.
On the other hand, with the new appointment system of passport PSK, you get appointment for 4-5 weeks ahead only, unless you are very very lucky. Once you get the appointment online, the process is pretty simple. Passport office does not require any proof for requirement of PCC, & they PCC same time (because verification already done while issuing passport).

And pcc is considered valid for 1 year from date of issue by Canadian Immigration officials.in my opinion, take only appointment after 1.5 or 1.75 months at passport psk of Gurgaon. Rest you can take your call based on above info.

Friends, my reply here is relevant primarily for Indian applicants.

travel Jun 19th 2012 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by lovely_clouds (Post 10127519)
Hey travel. Good to know that your online app is done.
About your question on PCC - Canadian embassy accepts PCC issued by either police station or Regional Post Office (India specific... diff rules for each country). Police station requires submitting the LOA copy towards proof of pcc requirement, & take 2-3 weeks in issuing the PCC due to complete verification for applicants.
On the other hand, with the new appointment system of passport PSK, you get appointment for 4-5 weeks ahead only, unless you are very very lucky. Once you get the appointment online, the process is pretty simple. Passport office does not require any proof for requirement of PCC, & they PCC same time (because verification already done while issuing passport).

And pcc is considered valid for 1 year from date of issue by Canadian Immigration officials.in my opinion, take only appointment after 1.5 or 1.75 months at passport psk of Gurgaon. Rest you can take your call based on above info.

Friends, my reply here is relevant primarily for Indian applicants.

Hey Lovely_Clouds,

Thanks for your detailed and quick response. As always you have been very elaborate and the best with your responses. I guess I will start the passport process now.

lovely_clouds Jun 20th 2012 5:14 am

Originally Posted by travel (Post 10127528)
Hey Lovely_Clouds,

Thanks for your detailed and quick response. As always you have been very elaborate and the best with your responses. I guess I will start the passport process now.

Hi Travel. You'r most welcome; and all the best for PCC. Also make sure that all passports (you, your wife, & kids), show same address...& that spouse names are properly endorsed for you & your wifes passports. I saw few people who's pcc application was rejected at PSK because passports were old & didn't had latest information.

FROID Jun 20th 2012 6:59 am

Originally Posted by lovely_clouds (Post 10128597)
Hi Travel. You'r most welcome; and all the best for PCC. Also make sure that all passports (you, your wife, & kids), show same address...& that spouse names are properly endorsed for you & your wifes passports. I saw few people who's pcc application was rejected at PSK because passports were old & didn't had latest information.

Dear lovely clouds: My son's family name does not 100% match mine, as it has a different spelling but it sounds the same, should I change his passport before submitting the MPNP application ?

FROID Jun 20th 2012 7:03 am

Originally Posted by travel (Post 10127412)

Dear Travel: Do u have any idea if it is possible to take (200 cigarettes) with me during my EV next Aug as I understood from u that it is very expensive even if I bought it from the Winnipeg's duty free. As I decided to buy it from my departure airport.