Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Old Jul 20th 2014, 11:16 am
Forum Regular

wannalivemb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Oh no, I am very sorry for you.
You can try to make an appeal to this decision. You could ask for (free) advise/help from some association in Winnipeg which helps immigrants and could provide insight..just a thought..

Originally Posted by dwight-van-man
We got a decision to our application.... Seven months to the day after submitting, we got declined on the basis that we apparently have stronger ties to Ontario than Manitoba - on the basis of having visited Toronto twice on vacation in 2003 & 2005, for a total of 8 days... A fact that MPNP have been made aware of at every stage of the process and which was discussed at length in our EV interview...
Old Jul 22nd 2014, 10:44 am
Just Joined

zafrulbd is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by WannabeMonitobian
So, I am sending off my passports to the VO tomorrow to fix the visa counterfoil........just wanted to take a moment to thank everyone I have come across on this forum and all the help I got from it. This place is an invaluable resource for anyone wanting to go through the MPNP. What advice would I give out of my experience:
-Get your documents in order
-Be patient
To everyone else who is waiting for their PR, I wish them good luck and ofcourse anyone new to this forum and need any help, feel free to message me and I will be more than happy to share info based on my experience!
Thanks for your help all time.Best of luck Enjoy your new life in Canada.
Old Jul 22nd 2014, 10:55 am
Just Joined

zafrulbd is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Namo2014
Morden
Morden is the excellent city. hope you will be enjoy there. also immigration coordinator Shally is so nice and very helpful excellent lady so don't worry you must enjoy there. you don't understand how you pass 7 days in morden.
Best of luck.
Old Jul 22nd 2014, 12:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

dwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by wannalivemb
Oh no, I am very sorry for you.
You can try to make an appeal to this decision. You could ask for (free) advise/help from some association in Winnipeg which helps immigrants and could provide insight..just a thought..
Thanks - we're appealing it... On the grounds on common sense so we'll have to see how that works! We've basically just reiterated the many points which we felt were in our favour regards Winnipeg, highlighting that we spend more time, more recently in Winnipeg that we did combined in Toronto and the different purposes of these trips. Also, highlihted the verypositive EV interview versus the overwhelminigly negative telephone interview we had three months later with someone who admited she'd only just picked up our file and couldn't understand how I could take an exam in Torotnto for a financial qualification only usable in Manitoba ...

I'm no longer disappointed with the decision, I'm angry that they seem to have ignored every aspect of our application and declined us on the basis we had a four day holiday in Toronto 10 years ago and this apparently gives us greater ties to Ontario...
Old Jul 22nd 2014, 12:57 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks - we're appealing it... On the grounds on common sense so we'll have to see how that works! We've basically just reiterated the many points which we felt were in our favour regards Winnipeg, highlighting that we spend more time, more recently in Winnipeg that we did combined in Toronto and the different purposes of these trips. Also, highlihted the verypositive EV interview versus the overwhelminigly negative telephone interview we had three months later with someone who admited she'd only just picked up our file and couldn't understand how I could take an exam in Torotnto for a financial qualification only usable in Manitoba ...

I'm no longer disappointed with the decision, I'm angry that they seem to have ignored every aspect of our application and declined us on the basis we had a four day holiday in Toronto 10 years ago and this apparently gives us greater ties to Ontario...
Sorry to hear of your refusal. I have to say, I do wonder if your posts on BE influenced their decision at all. Your early posts do show that you were planning to move to Toronto and hadn't even considered MB, and we know that immi officials do browse these forums.

Just a thought, but it may have been a factor.

Best of luck with the appeal, I do hope you succeed.

Old Jul 22nd 2014, 2:43 pm
Just Joined

london.2014 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by london.2014
Can someone answer something that is probably trivial please?

Got my MPNP approval and sent my docs to CIC back in May. I can see from the Royal Mail tracking that they received them but have not received any confirmation from them since. Should I expect something of the sort?

Also, tried following the case online but it doesn't show anything. I suppose because it hasn't been logged yet - any idea how long that takes? It's for the London Office.
Following up on my post above. A few days ago I got an email confirmation from the Provincial Nominee Program as per the quote below

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada under the Provincial Nominee Class.

Upon review of the information you have provided, your application is considered complete based ..
So, all good and progressing. Thanks for everyone's answers and many thanks to all the contributors of this forum - it's a goldmine.
Old Jul 22nd 2014, 5:38 pm
Forum Regular

Boogler is an unknown quantity at this point

and lets be hopeful it will come sooner that expected.
Hey Successful4ever,

As promised, a bit of an update, I just got my MR

It took about 5 months in total, so really quite quick.

Hope you get yours soon too.
Old Jul 22nd 2014, 5:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

dwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Sorry to hear of your refusal. I have to say, I do wonder if your posts on BE influenced their decision at all. Your early posts do show that you were planning to move to Toronto and hadn't even considered MB, and we know that immi officials do browse these forums.

Just a thought, but it may have been a factor.

Best of luck with the appeal, I do hope you succeed.

Thats possible - I just reread my earlier posts, from when we went through the phase everyone does of thinking the only two locations in Canada are Toronto and Vancouver! The appeals in, we'll see what happens. If its not to be, then its not to be...
Old Jul 23rd 2014, 3:03 pm
Just Joined

Namo2014 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by zafrulbd
Morden is the excellent city. hope you will be enjoy there. also immigration coordinator Shally is so nice and very helpful excellent lady so don't worry you must enjoy there. you don't understand how you pass 7 days in morden.
Best of luck.

Thank you for sharing information. You already visited morden? I think.
Old Jul 23rd 2014, 4:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Conmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond repute

Thats possible - I just reread my earlier posts, from when we went through the phase everyone does of thinking the only two locations in Canada are Toronto and Vancouver! The appeals in, we'll see what happens. If its not to be, then its not to be...
and best of luck, Dwight.
Old Jul 24th 2014, 9:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Conmar
and best of luck, Dwight.
Thanks - appreciated!
Old Jul 24th 2014, 10:44 am
Forum Regular

Successful4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks - appreciated!
Sorry to hear about the decision..I wish you the best of luck in your appeal.
Old Jul 24th 2014, 10:50 am
Forum Regular

Successful4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Boogler
Hey Successful4ever,

As promised, a bit of an update, I just got my MR

It took about 5 months in total, so really quite quick.

Hope you get yours soon too.
I'm excited to hear your update. This is great news. Please try and have done asap so as to avoid further delays. A friend also got his medical request last month and now they have requested for his passport about a week ago..

Looking at your timeline, maybe my MR will come in September 2014 (5 months after AOR). Earnestly waiting....
Old Jul 27th 2014, 9:18 am
Forum Regular

WannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of light

So we finally got our passports back from the VO with the landing visa.........total duration from start to finish 563 days!
Old Jul 27th 2014, 8:07 pm
Forum Regular

La_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to behold

Wannabe, congrats!!!!!!

Dwight.... I think.. I just can't find words to tell you how sorry I am And how shocked I was to read what happened

btw, our status still says "assessment pending"..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.