Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Old Jul 28th 2014, 10:27 am
Forum Regular

Successful4ever is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Originally Posted by WannabeMonitobian
So we finally got our passports back from the VO with the landing visa.........total duration from start to finish 563 days!
Congrats Bro...wish you the best in "Friendly Manitoba"
Old Jul 29th 2014, 11:39 am
Forum Regular

Got my medical request today and my RPRF request yesterday!!!
Old Jul 29th 2014, 11:43 am
Just Joined

superman111 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Successful4ever
congratulations successful. wish u the best for the rest of the process
Old Jul 29th 2014, 4:59 pm
Forum Regular

Belinzooni is an unknown quantity at this point

No dream, They just generally slow with processing from Accra visa Office. I have not heard on PPR from them too and they have received our medical since March.

Patience is the rule of the game!
Old Jul 29th 2014, 7:20 pm
Forum Regular

dream2014 has a reputation beyond reputedream2014 has a reputation beyond reputedream2014 has a reputation beyond reputedream2014 has a reputation beyond reputedream2014 has a reputation beyond reputedream2014 has a reputation beyond reputedream2014 has a reputation beyond reputedream2014 has a reputation beyond reputedream2014 has a reputation beyond reputedream2014 has a reputation beyond reputedream2014 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WannabeMonitobian
So we finally got our passports back from the VO with the landing visa.........total duration from start to finish 563 days!
Congrats wannabe.... toast to you
Old Jul 29th 2014, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

dream2014 has a reputation beyond reputedream2014 has a reputation beyond reputedream2014 has a reputation beyond reputedream2014 has a reputation beyond reputedream2014 has a reputation beyond reputedream2014 has a reputation beyond reputedream2014 has a reputation beyond reputedream2014 has a reputation beyond reputedream2014 has a reputation beyond reputedream2014 has a reputation beyond reputedream2014 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Successful4ever
Congrats bro... almost there.
Old Jul 29th 2014, 7:27 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Belinzooni
No dream, They just generally slow with processing from Accra visa Office. I have not heard on PPR from them too and they have received our medical since March.

Patience is the rule of the game!
Yeah you are right. Its been long i heard from you, i actually thought u had gone... It is well.
Old Jul 29th 2014, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

Boogler is an unknown quantity at this point

Great news!! I'm really happy it was so fast for you - getting close to Manitoba now

Congrats wannabe!
Old Jul 29th 2014, 8:07 pm
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=Boogler;11351729]Great news!! I'm really happy it was so fast for you - getting close to Manitoba now

Thanks Bro. I was really surprised when i saw it.
Old Jul 31st 2014, 11:15 pm
Forum Regular

fols is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by dwight-van-man
We got a decision to our application.... Seven months to the day after submitting, we got declined on the basis that we apparently have stronger ties to Ontario than Manitoba - on the basis of having visited Toronto twice on vacation in 2003 & 2005, for a total of 8 days... A fact that MPNP have been made aware of at every stage of the process and which was discussed at length in our EV interview...

Dwight-van-man,

Sorry to hear this news,especially after such a long wait,i wish you best of luck with your appeal.
Old Aug 2nd 2014, 1:02 am
Just Joined

Namo2014 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by La_LuNa
so.....
exploratory visit, lets say sth about that.

it was great

I think guys before me did really decent job describing what you need to do, so I'll try not to repeat stuff.. but it's pretty much the same: you have to do your homework.
research your work options, research daycares and schools, research banks and housing, research grocery and living costs..
research your interests and hobbies like sports.
make sure you have your EV invitation printed out and show it to the officers on port of entry to Canada, and you'll have no trouble at all passing the immigration.

it's not like you're passing some exam, everything you do you'll enjoy, at least we did. all our meetings, even the ones with prospect employers, were friendly and casual.
people in general are totally friendly, everybody's interested in your story, where you come from and when you'll come back for good.
people are happy you're considering Morden as your destination, 'cause they find it small..

It's not.

well, obviously, it is small for someone who aspires nightlife, parties, constant concerts, big malls 'n stuff.
but for us with children.. It's ideal, really.

if you can, do rent a car. 'cause there's so much you can see when you have a car!
it's not impossible to do EV without one, we were on EV with a lady forom Philippines and she was without one, but really, renting's not that expensive and you'll get a lot experience if you can drive around.

Navigation's not needed when you're in Morden, but if you plan to drive around Winnipeg, yeah, go get one.

I didn't like Winnipeg. for me, it's too big, too crowded, too cold

talk with people. the best experience and information came from random people on the street, or from cashiers at the stores

don't be afraid to ask questions. don't be afraid to ask for clarification of sth you didn't understand.
enjoy every second!!!

and. yeah. nobody warned you before, I'm gonna:
PREPARE FOR WIND -.-

it's prairie. it's windy. A LOt.
it's not like you'll need blankets and winter jackets at the and of April, but yeah, it's clever to have a hoodie. wind's unpleasant, and it's good if you have sth to cover your head if you come from a country that's not.. that windy

respect traffic signs.
around schools especially.

visit tim hortons. it's an experience you simply can not pass, or it's like you haven't been to Canada at all if you're not a coffee person, try donuts
I'm totally coffee type, and here in Europe we have strong and aromatic coffee's, but I was really happy with tim's cafe mocha

if you're offered to attend some kind of a gathering or event while you're visiting, don't hesitate - go!! I was on an immigrant ladies group meeting and it was really great experience!!

walk through the parks. oh, people, please, do!! all you, who have children, will thank me for that, trust me. I LOVE Mordens parks!!

if you're renting a transition house, and you're cooking, don't freak out if you trigger the smoke alarm I did, and I almost got a heart attack
it's not a big deal. smoke detectors are very sensitive.

If you'll have a meeting with Curtis about housing and renting, ask him anything and everything. that guy is just awesome, and from him you'll get most valuable info!

explore.
ask.
enjoy.

that's the formula.o

and now, about the Winnipeg interview.
be honest, but in your honesty be sincere in your plans to settle in Manitoba.
in my modest opinion, that's the most important thing: convince them you really really wanna live there, not somewhere else in Canada.
Plans for visiting other provinces, close friends or relatives in other provinces are a minus!!
Manitoba's big, but it's cold and, lets say, vast, not many people live there; so they think you'll just use them, use MPNP to get the papers and then relocate.
don't.
first of all, EV's not cheap and I doubt you can afford to waste all that money and end up rejected.
second; Manitoba really is great and unbelievable friendly, but it's not Las Vegas. if you want big city, crowded experience, nope, you won't find it here.
but for families... oh, I just can't wait to go back, permanently!!!
so, be careful. convince them Maniotoba's your true destination!
after that, it's important to show them you've researched your employment possibilities and your monthly income and expenses, how much you can earn and how much you'll be spending monthly.
saving tips: you don't need tv and cable/satelite right away, netflix and computer will do. if you rent an apartment in a bulilding for a start, you won't need snow shovels or lawnmowler.. dollarama's in Winkler so you can buy your dishes and bowls and housing stuff really cheap..
as far as furniture goes, you have 2 stores in Morden, and I would highly suggest putting new furniture in your settlement budget, because of the bedbugs. beds, futons, love seats - buy them new!! it's totally okay to buy stuff at garage sales like, I dunno, plastic chairs, or metal furniture etc, but when it comes to the "stuffed" furniture, guys, buy new.

if you have any questions..feel free to ask

Hi All, Right now I am in Morden on my EV. Thank you La_Luna. Word to word you mentioned including curtis is perfect as you mentioned. Really good forum.
I am preparing for my interview. Lets see

I Love Morden..
Old Aug 4th 2014, 1:44 pm
Just Joined

london.2014 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just looking for some clarification if anyone knows about this.

I've applied for the MPNP and got approved, so I've proceeded to apply with CIC (application is received and in process).

If I apply for a job in Canada and they make an offer to me, can I use that to just fly there and get a Temporary Working Permit on the border (given that I've got the MPNP approval already)?

The reason I'm asking is that there are some jobs I'm after who are stating they are only for people eligible to work in Canada, so I thought that since my application is in process and I've got the approval from MPNP I might be able to tell them that I can get a working permit as soon as they make me an offer - just not sure if that's the case.

If anyone can shed light on this it'd be great.
Old Aug 4th 2014, 4:09 pm
Forum Regular

Belinzooni is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes! It should work out for you that way if you have an offer. MPNP may likely assist with process of getting a temporary work permit. It was mentioned to me during my exploratory visit interview my the interviewing officer.
It should work for you
Old Aug 4th 2014, 4:16 pm
Forum Regular

Boogler is an unknown quantity at this point

Just looking for some clarification if anyone knows about this.

I've applied for the MPNP and got approved, so I've proceeded to apply with CIC (application is received and in process).

If I apply for a job in Canada and they make an offer to me, can I use that to just fly there and get a Temporary Working Permit on the border (given that I've got the MPNP approval already)?

The reason I'm asking is that there are some jobs I'm after who are stating they are only for people eligible to work in Canada, so I thought that since my application is in process and I've got the approval from MPNP I might be able to tell them that I can get a working permit as soon as they make me an offer - just not sure if that's the case.

If anyone can shed light on this it'd be great.
Hey,

In order for you to get a job in Manitoba (using the LOA to replace the need for an LMO) you need to have both an employment offer letter and the company needs to register itself on the Manitoba Employment Register. This is easy to do (takes about 2 weeks) and it's also free for them to do, but it is a requirement before you can start working for them.

Hope this helps.
Old Aug 4th 2014, 6:29 pm
Just Joined

london.2014 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Belinzooni
Yes! It should work out for you that way if you have an offer. MPNP may likely assist with process of getting a temporary work permit. It was mentioned to me during my exploratory visit interview my the interviewing officer.
It should work for you
Originally Posted by Boogler
Hey,

In order for you to get a job in Manitoba (using the LOA to replace the need for an LMO) you need to have both an employment offer letter and the company needs to register itself on the Manitoba Employment Register. This is easy to do (takes about 2 weeks) and it's also free for them to do, but it is a requirement before you can start working for them.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, it's good to know that I can be considered eligible (for all intents and purposes, as long as the employer is/will register with the MER).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.