British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Manitoba - Strategic Initiative (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/manitoba-strategic-initiative-702457/)

sureboy Sep 21st 2013 4:24 pm

Re: Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Originally Posted by Belinzooni (Post 10911515)
Congrat sureboy! Ofcourse we can, inbox me ur phone I will call u

Sure I ll do that...........thanks I apppreciate!!!

dwight-van-man Sep 21st 2013 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by sureboy (Post 10911458)
I finally did my exploratory visit recently and I was given my invitation letter to apply instantly. Praise be to God!!! I guess I have finally joined the league;). I have also submitted my application online and I have gotten a file number. Does anybody in the house knows the kind of additional documents that may be required, so as to get myself ready for the next step. @belinzooni.........congratulations! I reside in lagos, is it possible we hook up?

Congratulations! Any chance you could give us some detail as to what was asked at the interview?

sureboy Sep 22nd 2013 7:57 am

Originally Posted by dwight-van-man (Post 10911543)
Congratulations! Any chance you could give us some detail as to what was asked at the interview?

My interview session was very successful, I knew I would get the invitation to apply not because of my confidence alone but also because the interviewer made things easy for me by calming me down with smiles and a sense of belonging. (Maybe I was just lucky) I was interviewed by just one program officer, an elderly woman in her fifties, who made me understand that making the trip to winnipeg for the EV alone is something that cannot be waived aside considering the effort and cost of my visit. Prior to my interview, I had done my own HOMEWORK effectively. I made sure I had all the DOCUMENTS REQUIRED and I did a DETAILED REPORT of my EV with EVIDENCES TO SHOW. It was more of an interactive session just like we were having a conversation, and before I knew it we were 40mins gone. As she kept asking of my documents, I just gave to her because I was well ARRANGED and PREPARED and she kept saying EXCELLENT. The MAJOR hIGHLIGHTS were MY COMPLETE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS, the EMPLOYERS I visited, (call cards to prove) HOUSING, SETTLEMENT CENTRES, TRANSPORTATION, FEEDING, LEISURE etc. She made me understand that manitoba needs me just like I need manitoba. I expect anybody going for the interview to go with all confidence, and please also try to ask reasonable questions that will engage the interviewer. And above all PRAY!!!

lorerodri Sep 22nd 2013 10:26 am

Originally Posted by sureboy (Post 10912134)
My interview session was very successful, I knew I would get the invitation to apply not because of my confidence alone but also because the interviewer made things easy for me by calming me down with smiles and a sense of belonging. (Maybe I was just lucky) I was interviewed by just one program officer, an elderly woman in her fifties, who made me understand that making the trip to winnipeg for the EV alone is something that cannot be waived aside considering the effort and cost of my visit. Prior to my interview, I had done my own HOMEWORK effectively. I made sure I had all the DOCUMENTS REQUIRED and I did a DETAILED REPORT of my EV with EVIDENCES TO SHOW. It was more of an interactive session just like we were having a conversation, and before I knew it we were 40mins gone. As she kept asking of my documents, I just gave to her because I was well ARRANGED and PREPARED and she kept saying EXCELLENT. The MAJOR hIGHLIGHTS were MY COMPLETE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS, the EMPLOYERS I visited, (call cards to prove) HOUSING, SETTLEMENT CENTRES, TRANSPORTATION, FEEDING, LEISURE etc. She made me understand that manitoba needs me just like I need manitoba. I expect anybody going for the interview to go with all confidence, and please also try to ask reasonable questions that will engage the interviewer. And above all PRAY!!!

Hi Sureboy, please can you tell me when did you send the intention to make the EV?

sureboy Sep 22nd 2013 10:54 am

Originally Posted by lorerodri (Post 10912302)
Hi Sureboy, please can you tell me when did you send the intention to make the EV?

I sent my mail of interest on jan 17, and I got a response with questionaire on the 19th which I filled and submitted same day. I didn't hear anytin until march 15th when my exploratory visit was approved. I got my TRV in June and I scheduled my EV with MPNP to Sept.

dwight-van-man Sep 22nd 2013 8:22 pm

Fantastic - much appreciated! I'm just in the process of preparing for my EV in November so its good to know what happens in the interview!

Siouxie Sep 22nd 2013 9:17 pm

:ohmy: You think a woman in her 50's is elderly?? :eek:

(congrats anyway - from an 'elderly' woman!)

Vwera Sep 22nd 2013 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by Siouxie (Post 10912911)

Lol :rofl:

manitobain Sep 23rd 2013 12:02 am

+ 1 ... was pondering what to answer, you nailed it siouxie

lorerodri Sep 23rd 2013 12:36 am

Originally Posted by sureboy (Post 10912312)
I sent my mail of interest on jan 17, and I got a response with questionaire on the 19th which I filled and submitted same day. I didn't hear anytin until march 15th when my exploratory visit was approved. I got my TRV in June and I scheduled my EV with MPNP to Sept.

Good, thats the normal time basis, in the other hand i'd like to know when they will be accepting application again.:)

lorerodri Sep 23rd 2013 12:41 am

Uuuuummm, sureboy need to apologise for "sure":blink:

Siouxie Sep 23rd 2013 1:04 am

Originally Posted by manitobain (Post 10913044)
+ 1 ... was pondering what to answer, you nailed it siouxie

Originally Posted by lorerodri (Post 10913074)
Uuuuummm, sureboy need to apologise for "sure":blink:

Or take a look at these other 'elderly' women ;)

http://www.imdb.com/list/oUG5-qYeIRU/

iforti Sep 23rd 2013 1:23 am

Hey Siouxie, do u mind telling me which one of these are u?

Anyways greeting from Winnipeg guys, tomorrow is a big day.... Interviewwwwww

Originally Posted by Siouxie (Post 10913086)
Or take a look at these other 'elderly' women ;)

http://www.imdb.com/list/oUG5-qYeIRU/

manitobain Sep 23rd 2013 1:59 am

Originally Posted by lorerodri (Post 10913073)
Good, thats the normal time basis, in the other hand i'd like to know when they will be accepting application again.:)

just heard it this week, not this year apparently ...so all hope will have to go to next year.

also on a maybe bit irrelevant note, rumors are that the age of dependent kids will be going down to 18 (to follow federal ideas)...I am afraid that will cause hardships in some cases. And I guess sooner rather than later we will be going federally over to a "expression of interest" a la New Zealand.

Rules for students having studied in Canada but not in Manitoba have changed already. They need now to work at least a year in Canada (instead of 6 months before) before being able to apply for PNP being on the post-study work permit.

Not getting any easier...although I do agree with the last rule change...

lorerodri Sep 23rd 2013 2:50 am

Originally Posted by manitobain (Post 10913135)
just heard it this week, not this year apparently ...so all hope will have to go to next year.

also on a maybe bit irrelevant note, rumors are that the age of dependent kids will be going down to 18 (to follow federal ideas)...I am afraid that will cause hardships in some cases. And I guess sooner rather than later we will be going federally over to a "expression of interest" a la New Zealand.

Rules for students having studied in Canada but not in Manitoba have changed already. They need now to work at least a year in Canada (instead of 6 months before) before being able to apply for PNP being on the post-study work permit.

Not getting any easier...although I do agree with the last rule change...

Good info Manitobain, i'll focus on 2014 for EV, no way out.:confused:

I knew that rules for students were changed a long time ago,