British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Manitoba - Strategic Initiative (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/manitoba-strategic-initiative-702457/)

dwight-van-man Sep 28th 2013 8:22 pm

Re: Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Originally Posted by iforti (Post 10922062)
Guys

My turn to spread the news...

I got the invitation letter to apply...

If someone is interested to know the procedure getting the invitation and successfully end the EV, then send me a mail in PV.... after all it was easy.. just explore as if ur residing and don't be shy to ask for jobs... that's all, very simple...

Fantastic news, congratulations! :starsmile: Were there any questions in the interview you didnt expect or was it all pretty straight-forward?

WannabeMonitobian Sep 28th 2013 11:50 pm

congrats!please share your experience

Guys

If someone is interested to know the procedure getting the invitation and successfully end the EV, then send me a mail in PV.... after all it was easy.. just explore as if ur residing and don't be shy to ask for jobs... that's all, very simple...

Speedoflight Sep 29th 2013 7:46 am

Congratulations ma-iforti :)

You've deserved bro... Best of luck on your aplication step...

Speedoflight,

azpilicueta Sep 29th 2013 12:07 pm

Hello, after the interview I received an invitation to apply to MPNP under the Overseas Skilled Workers Stream.
I have some questions:
Proof of funds: Do I have to have in the bank 14,000 CAD (me, my wife and my daughter)? Or having a house (selling it would get about 20,000 CAD) would be valid too? Now, I have only a part in cash.
Although being a family group, would apply only me? The funds and the cost of everything would be lower. At first I would travel first. Or the MPNP may not nominate me?
Thank you.

manitobain Sep 29th 2013 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by azpilicueta (Post 10923247)
Hello, after the interview I received an invitation to apply to MPNP under the Overseas Skilled Workers Stream.
I have some questions:
Proof of funds: Do I have to have in the bank 14,000 CAD (me, my wife and my daughter)? Or having a house (selling it would get about 20,000 CAD) would be valid too? Now, I have only a part in cash.
Although being a family group, would apply only me? The funds and the cost of everything would be lower. At first I would travel first. Or the MPNP may not nominate me?
Thank you.

Hi, you will have to assess your house by a professional and hand this information in to MPNP. You also should (if you do not have the $14000 liquid) get from the bank a statement saying that if need be you could take on a loan against the house (as you never know how fast it will sell) in the appropriate size.

You are the main applicant, but you have to list your family on the application, hence need to show the full amount of money. Even if the family comes only later, you need to have them in your application, this is absolute important!

Teh Anomaly Sep 29th 2013 2:12 pm

Guys

Congrats!

Wifey's schedule is next week. Hopefully she gets invitation too. :fingerscrossed:

iforti Sep 29th 2013 8:01 pm

Thank you guys for the wishes, without you I wouldn't get that Invitation...

Thanks again for everything...

Will post the detailed EV, very soon.

Originally Posted by Speedoflight (Post 10923038)
Congratulations ma-iforti :)

You've deserved bro... Best of luck on your aplication step...

Speedoflight,

Teh Anomaly Sep 29th 2013 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by iforti (Post 10923628)
Thank you guys for the wishes, without you I wouldn't get that Invitation...

Thanks again for everything...

Will post the detailed EV, very soon.

Please do. Will wait for it for the additional info. :)

Boogler Sep 30th 2013 2:15 am

Hey iforti, congrats man, glad it all worked out for you :)

christmasoompa Sep 30th 2013 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by azpilicueta (Post 10923247)

Which visa office are you applying via? Note that London is the only one to allow equity in property to be used as proof of funds, and also that that's only at the initial stages; when you 'land' the funds must be instantly accessible.

brandon2014 Oct 1st 2013 3:47 am

Hi

on the support form what do they mean by:

how would you assist the applicant meet their initial and daily needs?

Can you give me some examples of these needs?

Thanks

manitobain Oct 1st 2013 9:24 am

Originally Posted by brandon2014 (Post 10925953)
Hi

on the support form what do they mean by:

how would you assist the applicant meet their initial and daily needs?

Can you give me some examples of these needs?

Thanks

Housing... Help with social insurance card, healthcard, drivers license application. Take them shopping, show them where is what ... Maybe assistance with car shopping. Think of what you would need to sort out when arriving in s new country?

AVACON Oct 2nd 2013 12:31 am

Hello All

We arrived Winnipeg, via Montreal, yesterday. All went well at landing in Montreal.

Just going to chill today, and recover from the 22 hour trip! Thanks to you all for support thru the process.

Regards

manitobain Oct 2nd 2013 1:25 am

Originally Posted by AVACON (Post 10927266)
Hello All

We arrived Winnipeg, via Montreal, yesterday. All went well at landing in Montreal.

Just going to chill today, and recover from the 22 hour trip! Thanks to you all for support thru the process.

Regards

Congrat! Welcome to Canada! :)

BenoCanada Oct 2nd 2013 3:15 am

Originally Posted by AVACON (Post 10927266)
Hello All

Regards

Congrad Avacon, and I wish you the best in your new life in Friendly Manitoba :thumbsup: hope we all join you soon