British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Manitoba - Strategic Initiative (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/manitoba-strategic-initiative-702457/)

Violets are blue Jan 9th 2012 9:40 pm

Re: Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Da Kingpinn, good luck with your application for the exploratory visit, i hope it all goes really well for you.
Timsmum, 7am tomorrow morning.....thats the time yours is going :D, Im off work so wont be awake so good luck with your application too. Its not a great idea to think you will stop thinking about it, you kind of think more :D:D, just thought I would cheer you up :thumbsup:.
Good luck guys :fingerscrossed:

Violets are blue Jan 10th 2012 11:14 am

Hi, I have a question, I know its probably clearly written somewhere but I cant find the answer.
I have nomination letter from MPNP and am getting the forms together for CIC and the evidence they are asking for and am filling in the Economic classes form. I had this filled in before going to my exploratory visit and have no issue doing an updated one however the question relates to evidence - it does not ask to have any sent - just the declaration. I have already uploaded the letters from the bank to the MPNP following the exploratory visit, do i need to copy these and send them or not? They do state to send only the evidence asked for. Can anyone let me know if they have seen it written that the CIC also require evidence to go with this and where it is please. Thanks.

This is what is in the extra notes about this section on the CIC website.

Schedule 4: Economic Classes - Provincial Nominees (IMM 0008-Schedule 4)

Who needs to fill out this application form?

This form must be completed by:

You, as the principal applicant.
Question 1
Write your full last name (surname/family name) as it appears on your passport or on the official documents that you will use to obtain your passport.

Write all of your given names (first, second or more) as they appear on your passport or official documents. Do not use initials.

Question 2
Write your date of birth.

Question 3
Indicate which provincial government nominated you and under which provincial stream/category the province has nominated you.

Question 4
Funds
Indicate the amount of unencumbered transferable and available funds you have in Canadian dollars.

Note
Declaration

Read the declaration carefully. Sign and date in the boxes provided. By signing, you declare that you fully understand the questions asked, and that the information you have provided is complete, truthful, and correct. If you do not sign and date, the application will be returned to you.

manitobain Jan 10th 2012 2:04 pm

@violet: If it doesn't ask specifically to send in evidence, you won't need to. It ask you to sign the form and by doing so, you sign that the information is true. Also PNP has already checked on that one, so it should only be a form thing anyway.

Violets are blue Jan 10th 2012 4:25 pm

Hi Manitobain, thanks so much, I was thinking that might be the case but just wanted to be sure so will just do the declaration. I was trying to see about notarized copies also and it does not specifically say anywhere they are required so will just go for it and hope for the best. I am just waiting for a letter from a manager from just under 10 years ago, she is happy to do it and that will be sorted this week.
Not much to go, cant wait to finish it all and send it off :D. When its gone the focus will be on clearing lots of stuff out of the house - positive thinking and hoping the application will go well :fingerscrossed: and if not, well, its always good to have a good clear out at least once every 10 years :D
Thanks again Ilse, your help is always appreciated :thumbsup:

xyz1969 Jan 10th 2012 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by Violets are blue (Post 9833103)
Hi Manitobain, thanks so much, I was thinking that might be the case but just wanted to be sure so will just do the declaration. I was trying to see about notarized copies also and it does not specifically say anywhere they are required so will just go for it and hope for the best. I am just waiting for a letter from a manager from just under 10 years ago, she is happy to do it and that will be sorted this week.
Not much to go, cant wait to finish it all and send it off :D. When its gone the focus will be on clearing lots of stuff out of the house - positive thinking and hoping the application will go well :fingerscrossed: and if not, well, its always good to have a good clear out at least once every 10 years :D
Thanks again Ilse, your help is always appreciated :thumbsup:

1) CIC NEW check list only mentions "copy" without mentioning notarization. Maybe plain copy is ok, but really not sure.
2) You are going to pay by money order or credit card? With credit card you can monitor the transaction by yourself, with money order, you have to go to your bank. any thought?

cheers.

manitobain Jan 10th 2012 7:21 pm

yes, it only asks for copies...I am a bit weary on that one though (haven't had any feedback yet)...so if you have notarized copies, I would send them.

As for money, any of the suggested forms is good..really just a personal choice I would say.

Violets are blue Jan 10th 2012 7:49 pm

Hi xyz1969, thank you for your reply. I will be paying by credit card, just easier all round for me.
Manitobain, i had another look and am not sure either now. I don't have certified copies because they were not needed if the application was being uploaded on computer. I will look into getting them certified if its needed, would prefer to send the correct paperwork straight off rather than get it back. I will keep looking and searching the information on CIC for clarification on it. Thanks again :D

xyz1969 Jan 11th 2012 4:31 am

Originally Posted by manitobain (Post 9833477)
yes, it only asks for copies...I am a bit weary on that one though (haven't had any feedback yet)...so if you have notarized copies, I would send them.

As for money, any of the suggested forms is good..really just a personal choice I would say.

it is not clear what documents needs to be certified. CIC PNP guide only says how to do cerfified copy, but fails to tell what should be certified. Here is the website link and I also past some from there. Maybe it is better to get certified.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...des/EP7TOC.asp

Translation of documents
Any document that is not in English or French must be accompanied by:

•the English or French translation; and
•an affidavit from the person who completed the translation; and
•a certified copy of the original document.
Note: An affidavit is a document on which the translator has sworn, in the presence of a commissioner authorized to administer oaths in the country in which the translator is living, that the contents of their translation are a true translation and representation of the contents of the original document. Translators who are certified members in good standing of one of the provincial or territorial organizations of translators and interpreters of Canada do not need to supply an affidavit.

Important information. Translations by family members are not acceptable.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Certified true copies
To have a photocopy of a document certified, an authorized person must compare the original document to the photocopy and must print the following on the photocopy:

•“I certify that this is a true copy of the original document”,
•the name of the original document,
•the date of the certification,
•his or her name,
•his or her official position or title, and
•his or her signature.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Who can certify copies?
Persons authorized to certify copies include the following:

In Canada:

•a commissioner of oaths
•a notary public
•a justice of the peace
Outside Canada:

•a judge
•a magistrate
•a notary public
•an officer of a court of justice
•a commissioner authorized to administer oaths in the country in which the person is living
Family members may not certify copies of your documents.

travel Jan 11th 2012 5:15 am

Originally Posted by manitobain (Post 9772315)
Hi there travel,
let's see what I can do :)
Queries:
1) resume for wife should be included in your initial asking for permission for exploratory visit
2) resume and proof of funding is good, you don't have to submit for the initial applying for exploratory visit all the details (I guess it doesn't hurt if you sent them), you should take everything along when you do the visit (education, workexperience/letter of references, proof of funding..basically the paperwork that is asked on the checklist)
3)again, it doesn't have to be added when applying to exploratory visit..you need that later on though
4)again, not obligatory...but guess it can't hurt
5) I hope someone comes along with better knowledge than I, when it comes to setting up a proper resume (think there are already some threads on here about it)...I wouldn't be the right person to ask.

What is important in your letter to PNP when asking for visit permission is your views on why you chose MB and why you think you will be employable. Do check out the job market ahead of time as good as it gets and let them know you did research.

Because the new regulation for the later to happen PR application, and them asking for a certain format/info in the workexperience/reference letter, you are best to check the list from cic.gc.ca right away (PNP is less strict, but in the end you need all for the federal PR application anyway) and go by their standards.

hope that helps :)
cheers
Ilse

Hi Manitobian,

Thanks to your help and the help of fellow members. I was finally able to put together my application and I applied on 6th Jan. Now the wait starts :) .

I saw on the thread that fellow members have received a routine acknowledgement email with a subject like "WPG 574 IMMI applying for provincial permission for an exploratory visit in Manitoba" .

Just wanted to know how long does it take for them to acknowledge that they have received my email. I have not received any acknowledgement till now and was wondering if they even got my email.

Thanks

Violets are blue Jan 11th 2012 5:35 pm

Thank you xyz1969, I know what you mean about the information. I would imagine that its anything thats listed on the pnp checklist that is not an original - the copies they require that they would want certified.
Travel - I would not think there is anything to worry about, I don't believe I had an acknowledgement originally either however contacted them some weeks later and they had indeed received the original e mail. I think it just takes them a while to work through the applications. Hope that helps, good luck.

NostalgiaLava Jan 11th 2012 7:25 pm

I am currently preparing. My cv to post on the job engines and i wanted advice on how cvs in Manitoba should look like.i mean the content I assume is different than what we use in our market. For example, do u put nationality, sex, immigration status, etcc.. Exactly what to not include in the cv?

timsmum Jan 11th 2012 9:18 pm

Hi everyone,
Thank you all for the encouragement...I feel like I know you all already...:thumbsup:
I have sent the letter and the Resumes...yeayyyyyy!!!
@DaKing we are no longer in Cardiff..he graduated in 2004! we are back in Essex...But thanks for the thought....
@Violets r blue...dont make us jel..:p
Off to bed....another long day at work tommorow...Manitoba on my mind.....

xyz1969 Jan 12th 2012 2:56 am

Originally Posted by Violets are blue (Post 9835891)
Thank you xyz1969, I know what you mean about the information. I would imagine that its anything thats listed on the pnp checklist that is not an original - the copies they require that they would want certified.
Travel - I would not think there is anything to worry about, I don't believe I had an acknowledgement originally either however contacted them some weeks later and they had indeed received the original e mail. I think it just takes them a while to work through the applications. Hope that helps, good luck.

35x45 cm2, chin to crown 25-30 cm.

1) http://www.epassportphoto.com/
2) select austrlia to give 35x45cm2
3)upload photo
4)finalize measurment with that green box
5) click "no thanks"
6)download
7) go to target to print out and remeasure the size to make sure ok. cheers

Inder.chhabra Jan 12th 2012 5:58 am

Hello Everybody .... well i am Posting here after long ....probably ...after the chances of my immigration were gone ...
As some of the members might be aware that i had applied under the strategic initiative scheme and got an invitation ...
But ....thereafter as i applied for a vistior Visa....after completing all my documentation ...and after reviewing it for about 100 times...
I was DENIED a visitor visa with a reason that the purpose of my visit was not clear to them !!!!!
Although i had mentioned everything .....attached a page along....attached a copy of email from SARAH ...but somehow ...the hopes ended !!!!

Thanks everyone for your co-operation :)
Cheers

lovely_clouds Jan 12th 2012 6:07 am

Dear Inder

Its sad to know of what happened in your case. Well, we are from Delhi (India); and hoping to get invitation to visit soon. We (me and my husband) applied in December for invitation; and I suppose you received the invite around the same time.

Which visa office did u apply at? Punjab or Delhi? What exactly happened?
Did you attach the itinerary and flight booking summary along with visa application?

If you applied at some visa office or Punjab; cant you apply again for travel visa (temporary resident visa) at VFS of Delhi (which is located at Nehru Place)?

Originally Posted by Inder.chhabra (Post 9837279)
Hello Everybody .... well i am Posting here after long ....probably ...after the chances of my immigration were gone ...
As some of the members might be aware that i had applied under the strategic initiative scheme and got an invitation ...
But ....thereafter as i applied for a vistior Visa....after completing all my documentation ...and after reviewing it for about 100 times...
I was DENIED a visitor visa with a reason that the purpose of my visit was not clear to them !!!!!
Although i had mentioned everything .....attached a page along....attached a copy of email from SARAH ...but somehow ...the hopes ended !!!!

Thanks everyone for your co-operation :)
Cheers