British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Manitoba - Strategic Initiative (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/manitoba-strategic-initiative-702457/)

NostalgiaLava Dec 28th 2011 5:33 pm

Re: Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Hi all I wish the new yearwill start with good nests fr the trv! Happy new year all!

vettemaster Dec 29th 2011 10:47 am

Originally Posted by Violets are blue (Post 9804572)
Hi, guess what?? Santa came!!!!! :D, I have just got my MPNP approval letter through the post :rofl::rofl:. Im so happy. Im trying to stay calm, have to send off for police checks now, did not want to do it before just in case, hopefully will only take a couple of weeks and one or two letters to get. Im looking at the application going off around the end of January to Nova Scotia!!! Yeah :eek:. Ive also applied for work in Manitoba so hopefully will get some sort of reply although that might be wishing on a far and distant star :starsmile:. Yipee, hope others hear soon, good luck and thank you again to everyone for helping me so far....(lots more will be needed in future of course). Happy Christmas :angel::xmaspressie:

Excellent News!!, Just what you need to start the New Year! We went on our visit just over a week before you. We applied nearly two weeks after you 16/10. We should hear something soon then:thumbup:

We're really pleased for you :nod:

Is the mail/letter just stamped from Canada or is it sent tracked? Our mail service is not that great where we are :thumbdown:

Violets are blue Dec 29th 2011 8:46 pm

Hi Manitboain, thank you so much for the reply, i really appreciate it. Im so delighted for your car shopping, I really would love so much to go car shopping but hey, Im future Manitoba shopping at the moment :D:D.

NostalgiaLava, Happy New Year to you too.

Hi Vettemaster, thanks so much, I am still really over the moon but my head is now getting into action to get police checks once the new year is over. The letter came normal mail, not tracked nor to be signed for. It is unmissable as it has a big Manitoba labour and immigration stamp on the left. Mine came in a small business envelope. I really hope that you hear soon. From what Centrino78 had said earlier in the post I figured that it was taking about 10 weeks and it has been about that. I really hope that you hear soon and Im sure you will, hopefully not long into the New Year and yours can be brilliant also. Are you going to Winnipeg or another part of Manitoba? Good luck :thumbsup: and :fingerscrossed:

vettemaster Dec 30th 2011 10:41 am

Originally Posted by Violets are blue (Post 9810785)
Hi Manitboain, thank you so much for the reply, i really appreciate it. Im so delighted for your car shopping, I really would love so much to go car shopping but hey, Im future Manitoba shopping at the moment :D:D.

NostalgiaLava, Happy New Year to you too.

Hi Vettemaster, thanks so much, I am still really over the moon but my head is now getting into action to get police checks once the new year is over. The letter came normal mail, not tracked nor to be signed for. It is unmissable as it has a big Manitoba labour and immigration stamp on the left. Mine came in a small business envelope. I really hope that you hear soon. From what Centrino78 had said earlier in the post I figured that it was taking about 10 weeks and it has been about that. I really hope that you hear soon and Im sure you will, hopefully not long into the New Year and yours can be brilliant also. Are you going to Winnipeg or another part of Manitoba? Good luck :thumbsup: and :fingerscrossed:

Hello Violets are blue,

We chose Portage La Prairie, although we could quite happily live on the outskirts of Winnipeg. What about you?:)

So are you applying for PR and waiting or applying and going over on a Twp until you receive PR status?

Andy...:nod:

vettemaster Dec 30th 2011 11:46 am

We got our Nomination this morning:thumbsup:

It came a beige A4 envelope not a small one like yours Violet :starsmile:

Weird thing is, is that was dated 29th November 2011:eek:

Now we have given our 6 months to get our PR application in :eek::)

Violets are blue Dec 30th 2011 6:32 pm

Hiya Vettemaster, just home from work and checked here, congratulations, Im so pleased for you. What a New Year present for you. We were given six months also to apply. Am planning it by end of Jan or just after assuming everything is in order by then. I bet you are very excited now!!!

I dont know what Portage La Prairie is like but looked at Stonwell and a few other small areas just outside Winnipeg. I would live in some other places however we did like some areas in Winnipeg and it was easy to get anywhere including the beach, it was lovely.

I would go over and wait there until the PR comes through however my daughter is in her final year at university and wants to finish this however if I should get work I would go and set things up and she would come back to finish and do her exams. Im hoping to be honest that some work will present itself because I would like to get there and set things up.

What will you do now? Will you go on a work permit or wait for a while here?

Congratulations again, Im very happy for you :D:thumbsup:

vettemaster Dec 30th 2011 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by Violets are blue (Post 9812038)
Hiya Vettemaster, just home from work and checked here, congratulations, Im so pleased for you. What a New Year present for you. We were given six months also to apply. Am planning it by end of Jan or just after assuming everything is in order by then. I bet you are very excited now!!!

I dont know what Portage La Prairie is like but looked at Stonwell and a few other small areas just outside Winnipeg. I would live in some other places however we did like some areas in Winnipeg and it was easy to get anywhere including the beach, it was lovely.

I would go over and wait there until the PR comes through however my daughter is in her final year at university and wants to finish this however if I should get work I would go and set things up and she would come back to finish and do her exams. Im hoping to be honest that some work will present itself because I would like to get there and set things up.

What will you do now? Will you go on a work permit or wait for a while here?

Congratulations again, Im very happy for you :D:thumbsup:

Thanks for the Congrats :thumbup: Its a good end to the year for both of us ;)

We will see how quickly the house sells first or how much interest we get at least. We may stay at least 6 months as we have allot to sort out, plus we would like to put away as much more cash as possible.
Our house has been valued,(3 months ago) but the estate agent is popping round this Wednesday afternoon to take some pics and discuss terms etc.

Families are really happy for us:thumbsup:

All the best to you! and for the New Year;)

Violets are blue Dec 30th 2011 7:11 pm

Hi Andy, I hope the house sale goes well and quickly for you both, you might be really lucky :fingerscrossed:. I know what you mean about getting as much money together, its exactly what we are trying to do also and working all the hours possible in overtime to the point I think I might just fall down and die :D. We have a couple of things to sort out also but nothing major so hopefully the application will go in very soon at least and then just a waiting game I guess.

Good luck with your house sale and negotiations, I hope it goes really well. Its really great news :)

lovely_clouds Jan 2nd 2012 8:42 am

Hi guys,

wish you all a very happy and prosperous new year.

I m still waiting on reply for my "exploratory visit" :( and really hope to see a shooting star tonight :thumbup:

@ISLE: how are you? i hope you must be doing gr8. Dear please suggest should i email n ask about the status ? or should i wait few more days i haven't received any reply after I answered questions asked by Markus? Please advice!

Sumegha

manitobain Jan 2nd 2012 4:53 pm

Happy New Year as well from me to all of you! :)

Sumegha: Wait a few days...most offices only start working tomorrow again after xmas break, give him this week :). If you don't hear from him by then, email him on Monday/Tuesday next week (he is not always the fastest to answer emails).

cheers
Ilse

timsmum Jan 2nd 2012 4:55 pm

Hiya all,
I m new to this forum and i ve spent the last hour reading all the info... :ohmy:
It really has answered most of the questions I had about the MPNP!
But I m sorry can someone please reassure me. Here is my family history below.
34 years old. An undergraduate degree in Business and Law. I currently work as a Finance Administrator(Accounts Payable and Receivable)
i have two kids.
My husband has a degree in law and currently works as a research assistant.
What are my chances.
Also what do i attach to my email for the exploratory visit
We are happy to settle on the outskirts of winnipeg. We just want a fresh start. Good jobs and the kids happy and safe in school. I have a close friend in Winnipeg and she said its the best place she has ever lived.
I dont mean to bore everyone...I m so sorry....pleas help almost :confused:
Thanks everyone :)

manitobain Jan 2nd 2012 5:11 pm

Hi Timsmum, welcome :)

Attach both of your resumes to the email, tell them about your little family. Show that you have done research as to your chances of finding a job in Wpg and area (or MB in general). You need to show them that you will be employable. Still better would be if you have already contacts to potential employers...but thats just a bonus.
read through the conditions of the exploratory visit at www.immigratemanitoba.com and make sure in your email that you mention every point of them (tell them you have enough funds, for example..etc) and especially tell them why you think that MB would be a great place for you to be permanently. Tell them that you know already someone there...but be carefully ..if you declare them friends, you might be told that you should apply via the general stream (which is the stream that takes the longest as not priority).
This email you are sending can be your way in.. so make sure it is right. If you have any specific questions, you can PM me as well :).

Wishing you luck!
Ilse

timsmum Jan 2nd 2012 5:20 pm

Hi Manitobain,
You are a STAR! thanks for the encouragement...so goood to know people are out there helping one another. I will go on the website and eat and breathe it..Can you suggest three nice communities...my kids are 4 AND 6YEARS OLD. They are into sports. We are city slickers ;) (we love to go out and have fun with the kids) However we are open to any family oriented area/comunity...though my hubby and I would love to work in Winnipeg as I can see thats the CITY! Any suggestions will be much appreciated. Thank youuuuuu... :thumbup:

lovely_clouds Jan 2nd 2012 5:48 pm

Originally Posted by manitobain (Post 9816402)
Happy New Year as well from me to all of you! :)

Sumegha: Wait a few days...most offices only start working tomorrow again after xmas break, give him this week :). If you don't hear from him by then, email him on Monday/Tuesday next week (he is not always the fastest to answer emails).

cheers
Ilse

@ilse : thank you for the kind suggestion. We will wait for a week. Markus must have a whole list of emails to work through. However, You know waiting has become just so difficult for us now.

Btw, congrats for your new car. If I may ask which model did you buy?

@violet - congrats for the letter.

What is the "6 month period" you have mentioned above? Is that the max period limit to apply for Canadian PR?

Welcome to the forum @Timsmum.

timsmum Jan 2nd 2012 5:51 pm

Thanks for the acknowledgment lovely clouds...very much appreciated ;)