At last!!

Old Apr 12th 2015, 12:04 am
BE Enthusiast

scootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond repute
Default At last!!

We landed at Carway yesterday and are now PR

The American border agent told us that once you have the COPR you are good to wait for an appointment at a local service Canada office,I did not know this but probably would still have taken a long weekend anyway.
We waited about 1 1/2 hours before being called out to sign the COPR forms and that was us,no interviews,or questions.

Enjoyed a night in a hotel in Canmore on Friday night,woke up and it looked like the sun was gonna break through the clouds a promising sign,until just before Lake Louise lol then it was like a blizzard,glad that I drive an F150 the roads were seriously bad in some places,the woman at the parks Kiosk outside Lake Louise said if we werent in the F150 she would have advised us to turn back.
Once we got maybe 3/4 of the way to Jasper it was really nice all the way back to Edmonton.
Had a GREAT weekend,and glad that we now have PR 10 days before my TWP expired haha

Good luck to anyone that has applied for PR and are still waiting!!
Old Apr 12th 2015, 12:13 am
Happy in Alberta

sms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud of
Default Re: At last!!

Originally Posted by scootb

The American border agent told us that once you have the COPR you are good to wait for an appointment at a local service Canada office,I did not know this but probably would still have taken a long weekend anyway.
We waited about 1 1/2 hours before being called out to sign the COPR forms and that was us,no interviews,or questions.

Enjoyed a night in a hotel in Canmore on Friday night,woke up and it looked like the sun was gonna break through the clouds a promising sign,until just before Lake Louise lol then it was like a blizzard,glad that I drive an F150 the roads were seriously bad in some places,the woman at the parks Kiosk outside Lake Louise said if we werent in the F150 she would have advised us to turn back.
Once we got maybe 3/4 of the way to Jasper it was really nice all the way back to Edmonton.
Had a GREAT weekend,and glad that we now have PR 10 days before my TWP expired haha

Woo congrats, awesome news 😃. What did you tell the USA border agents as you crossed?
Old Apr 12th 2015, 12:26 am
BE Enthusiast

scootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sms1984
Woo congrats, awesome news 😃. What did you tell the USA border agents as you crossed?
Thanks!
I just told the guard that I was flagpoling to get my residency confirmation letter stamped.
The US guards were way more friendly than the sour faced Canadian woman was lol.
Old Apr 12th 2015, 12:40 am
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats buddy
Old Apr 12th 2015, 1:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Mikey,it's a load off our shoulders for sure!
Old Apr 12th 2015, 1:14 am

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Mikey,it's a load off our shoulders for sure!
Now the wait for your pr card lol
Old Apr 12th 2015, 2:27 am
Happy in Alberta

sms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud of

Thanks!
I just told the guard that I was flagpoling to get my residency confirmation letter stamped.
The US guards were way more friendly than the sour faced Canadian woman was lol.
Yeah we found when we went to activate our work permits at Carway that the USA guards were waaaaaaay nicer than the CBSA!
Old Apr 12th 2015, 2:40 am
BE Forum Addict

plasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah we found when we went to activate our work permits at Carway that the USA guards were waaaaaaay nicer than the CBSA!
That's probably because the Yanks knew you weren't staying. If you'd been going the other way it may as well have been a much different reception.
Old Apr 12th 2015, 2:47 am

Maybe its the Carway border, but at the Peace Arch we had no issues with the CBP or CBSA both were nice and helpful
Old Apr 12th 2015, 2:51 am
Happy in Alberta

Originally Posted by Mikeypm
Maybe its the Carway border, but at the Peace Arch we had no issues with the CBP or CBSA both were nice and helpful
Even though it states on the website that they offer immigration services they told us that they don't like doing and don't have the man power
Old Apr 12th 2015, 2:55 am

Even though it states on the website that they offer immigration services they told us that they don't like doing and don't have the man power
Oh thats not good
Old Apr 12th 2015, 4:12 am
Happy in Alberta

Originally Posted by Mikeypm
Oh thats not good
Well I wont be going there to flagpole again but i'm pleased you had a positive experience
Old Apr 12th 2015, 6:06 am
BE Enthusiast

dishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond repute

Hearty Congratulations, Scott!
Old Apr 13th 2015, 4:51 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Brilliant news - congrats!!