Just got PER (post June 26)

Old Jan 12th 2011, 9:43 pm
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just got PER (post June 26)

Originally Posted by CanadaJimmy
I think how complex your case is doesn't make a great deal of difference unfortunately, to keep the queue going they very likely take time management very seriously and strictly. Going on from this I expect they give each application an "appointment", an allocated amount of time for review with the case worker for each stage, probably something like 20minutes. If you don't use up the full time good job, but that doesn't push you further ahead of somebody else.

In your case Helen it's probably more along the lines of whoever got given that batch of cases that you're in went on vacation over the Christmas period and they now have a backlog to get through. Remember the CanadaVisa spreadsheet represents only 4% of the total cases received, so mathematically if we scale up you and the other 2 lost cases from that date it's likely were actually around 525 cases all stuck in that 7th September black hole.

Hopefully you'll be processed this week. Congrats to Deeny btw
We say that every week, CJ! You are a source of eternal optimism!
But seriously, I wouldn't want anyone else to be downhearted. If you believe that you have been conscientious in your application and have checked everything and are confident you have all the requirements, then hang in there and wait is all you can do. My OH did wonder if there was an issue with some of the newer staff that CIO have been said to have recruited this year, which could be the case, I suppose.
I am happy to hear that others like Deeny are going to bed happy, even though CIO is closed for the day now and we still haven't heard anything.
Another day, another possibility.
Old Jan 12th 2011, 10:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Deeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to all

No, I didn't take it as mean spirited at all.

We applied in 2008 just as the new list came into force and were rejected. I returned to nursing, requalified and worked full time for a year. I was 8 months into the year when the new list came out and the rules were changed again! HUGE sigh of relief when nursing remained on the list, followed by more anxiety over IELTS!

The whole process is trying but we just had to believe we would get there one day.

I do empathise, your day will come...I do hope that it is soon though!

Kind regards

PS thanks CJ.

Deeny
Old Jan 12th 2011, 10:16 pm
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deeny
No, I didn't take it as mean spirited at all.

We applied in 2008 just as the new list came into force and were rejected. I returned to nursing, requalified and worked full time for a year. I was 8 months into the year when the new list came out and the rules were changed again! HUGE sigh of relief when nursing remained on the list, followed by more anxiety over IELTS!

The whole process is trying but we just had to believe we would get there one day.

I do empathise, your day will come...I do hope that it is soon though!

Kind regards

PS thanks CJ.

Deeny
Thanks DeenyA long haul for you before this then-you have deserved it after all this time.
CJ is over in Van near my OH (working on TWP while app is processed) and the two of them can't wait to go on the razz with our PER in hand. The have already had their celebration for CJ's PER a couple of weeks ago, so we need to catch up!
Enjoy the great news for the rest of the week!
Old Jan 12th 2011, 10:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Deeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to all

No problem...

Hope you get to go and join them for a monumental celebration!

We have enjoyed a bottle of bubbly tonight...keys are a little blurred now...even with my bifocals.
Old Jan 13th 2011, 4:51 am
Island life at last

No problem...

Hope you get to go and join them for a monumental celebration!

We have enjoyed a bottle of bubbly tonight...keys are a little blurred now...even with my bifocals.
Old Jan 17th 2011, 7:00 pm
Just Joined

havana is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Just got PER (post June 26)

Thanks.

You will have shiny new visas soon...exciting times...
hello Deeny, just a quick question as I am a bit confused about the arrangement of steps: after application first thig one receives is the PER, then medical requests????does all that mean that some people who applied post 25 june 2010, can get it all in 9 months??hope this is my case
Old Jan 18th 2011, 9:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by havana
hello Deeny, just a quick question as I am a bit confused about the arrangement of steps: after application first thig one receives is the PER, then medical requests????does all that mean that some people who applied post 25 june 2010, can get it all in 9 months??hope this is my case
The process at the moment is:

1) Application arrives at CIO, Sydney
2) Completeness check - check all forms included, all signed where there is a box for signing, no blank fields, correct payment enclosed, all supporting documents from both checklists included
3) Charge credit card/cash banker's draft
4) Final eligibility review - check against ministerial instructions that your duties from the forms and supporting work reference documents match the NOC code, they also calculate how many points you have (we know this because someone has been refused at this stage for insufficient points)
5) Send out confirmation of positive eligibility review (PER)
6) Transfer the paper file from CIO Sydney to the visa office
7) At this stage there is some confusion as to whether or not the visa office will send out an AOR to say they have received the paper file from visa office
8) Visa office run security/background checks
9) Visa office issue medical requests
10) After medicals complete and returned, visa office issue passport requests
11) After passports return, visa office issue visa!!
12) You land in Canada to complete your record of landing
13) Permanent resident cards are sent out

The only timescales we know from actual experience at the moment are:
1) It takes between 2 days and 2 weeks (usually) to do the completeness check and charge credit card/from application received date
2) It takes around 14 to 16 weeks (usually) to get PER from application received date

Everything from this point on is a bit of a mystery. In theory once the application reaches the visa office timescales should be quicker than those quoted for pre-June-26 applications, since the final eligibility review has already been performed by CIO.

But since nobody has had confirmation yet from their visa office that the paper file has been received, and the first PER we know about was 23 Nov 2010, it is likely it will take a couple of months for CIO to get the application to the visa office.

So, in a nutshell, you are looking around 4 months to get PER from CIO. At least a month, maybe two, for the paper file to get to the visa office. This takes us to 6 months before visa office have even received the application let alone begun to process it for security/background checks etc.

Timelines for London on the old system were averaging 13 months. Since much of the work has already been done by CIO on new applications I would guess this would be about half the time for post-June-26 applications.

So my best guess is that it will take approximately 12 months to receive the visa from visa office after the application arrives at Sydney.

CIO recently changed the rules on police certificates, and are now strongly advising these to be included in the application. Since the certificates are only valid for 12 months, this to me indicates that CIO are confident most applications will be finalised within 12 months.

Wayne.

Last edited by Waggle; Jan 18th 2011 at 10:16 am.
Old Jan 18th 2011, 1:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Havana,

Sorry I didn't reply earlier...have been working nights.

Waggle has given you a comprehensive answer, nothing I can add to that...

We all have to play the waiting game now.

We are hoping to be in Toronto for Sept time
Old Jan 19th 2011, 9:11 am
Just Joined

thank you very much Wayne, that is so useful, hope it goes well
Originally Posted by Waggle

1) Application arrives at CIO, Sydney
2) Completeness check - check all forms included, all signed where there is a box for signing, no blank fields, correct payment enclosed, all supporting documents from both checklists included
3) Charge credit card/cash banker's draft
4) Final eligibility review - check against ministerial instructions that your duties from the forms and supporting work reference documents match the NOC code, they also calculate how many points you have (we know this because someone has been refused at this stage for insufficient points)
5) Send out confirmation of positive eligibility review (PER)
6) Transfer the paper file from CIO Sydney to the visa office
7) At this stage there is some confusion as to whether or not the visa office will send out an AOR to say they have received the paper file from visa office
8) Visa office run security/background checks
9) Visa office issue medical requests
10) After medicals complete and returned, visa office issue passport requests
11) After passports return, visa office issue visa!!
12) You land in Canada to complete your record of landing
13) Permanent resident cards are sent out

The only timescales we know from actual experience at the moment are:
1) It takes between 2 days and 2 weeks (usually) to do the completeness check and charge credit card/from application received date
2) It takes around 14 to 16 weeks (usually) to get PER from application received date

Everything from this point on is a bit of a mystery. In theory once the application reaches the visa office timescales should be quicker than those quoted for pre-June-26 applications, since the final eligibility review has already been performed by CIO.

But since nobody has had confirmation yet from their visa office that the paper file has been received, and the first PER we know about was 23 Nov 2010, it is likely it will take a couple of months for CIO to get the application to the visa office.

So, in a nutshell, you are looking around 4 months to get PER from CIO. At least a month, maybe two, for the paper file to get to the visa office. This takes us to 6 months before visa office have even received the application let alone begun to process it for security/background checks etc.

Timelines for London on the old system were averaging 13 months. Since much of the work has already been done by CIO on new applications I would guess this would be about half the time for post-June-26 applications.

So my best guess is that it will take approximately 12 months to receive the visa from visa office after the application arrives at Sydney.

CIO recently changed the rules on police certificates, and are now strongly advising these to be included in the application. Since the certificates are only valid for 12 months, this to me indicates that CIO are confident most applications will be finalised within 12 months.

Wayne.
Old Jan 19th 2011, 9:12 am
Just Joined

thanks Deeny for reply, yes fingerscrossed
Hi Havana,

Sorry I didn't reply earlier...have been working nights.

Waggle has given you a comprehensive answer, nothing I can add to that...

We all have to play the waiting game now.

We are hoping to be in Toronto for Sept time
Old Jan 19th 2011, 8:16 pm
Just Joined

hello Wayne, sorry just to catch another thing, from this part quoted, do you have other source to know that no body moved towards the AOR/medical requests, other than:
(https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...=CLDXsFA#gid=0)

thanks alot for your valuable information...
[QUOTE=Waggle;9110039]The process at the moment is:

Old Jan 20th 2011, 3:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=havana;9114108]hello Wayne, sorry just to catch another thing, from this part quoted, do you have other source to know that no body moved towards the AOR/medical requests, other than:

Originally Posted by Waggle

Hi - well we don't KNOW that nobody's file has been received by the visa office. But on that spreadsheet there are over 230 active users (anybody who is inactive is moved to another sheet). So that represents about 3.5% of the total FSW applications which CIO have received. And nobody from there has had any communication from the visa office. A few people who have queried it, as recently as a few days ago, are still being told "your paper file is still in transit".

Nothing to do but sit and wait it out, but the lenght of time it is apparently taking CIO to get the paper files to the respective visa offices is concerning.

Wayne.
Old Jan 21st 2011, 2:31 pm
Just Joined

[QUOTE=Waggle;9116111]
Originally Posted by havana
hello Wayne, sorry just to catch another thing, from this part quoted, do you have other source to know that no body moved towards the AOR/medical requests, other than:

Hi - well we don't KNOW that nobody's file has been received by the visa office. But on that spreadsheet there are over 230 active users (anybody who is inactive is moved to another sheet). So that represents about 3.5% of the total FSW applications which CIO have received. And nobody from there has had any communication from the visa office. A few people who have queried it, as recently as a few days ago, are still being told "your paper file is still in transit".

Nothing to do but sit and wait it out, but the lenght of time it is apparently taking CIO to get the paper files to the respective visa offices is concerning.

Wayne.
yes you are right, it is concering, along time for the transfer, hope all that is not blocked by the heavey ''backlog'' in each visa office of the pre june era.Thanks
Old Jan 21st 2011, 2:40 pm

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to ask a daft question, but here it is anyway. What is PER?
Old Jan 21st 2011, 4:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Miss Clinique
Sorry to ask a daft question, but here it is anyway. What is PER?
Just an unofficial term we've been throwing around the Canadavisa.com forum.

It stands for Positive Eligibility Review. We made the distinction from AOR, because the PER you get from CIO now, post-June-26, has had the final eligibility review (since CIO now get all supporting documents up-front) and points-totting part of the selection/admissability review already completed by CIO. Therefore it is arriving at the visa office in a more advanced state than the pre-June-26 applications, hence the need for a different name for it!

Since the eligibility and selection/admissability have already been determined by CIO prior to reaching the visa office, the VO has less work to do on it, and really the only way the application should fail at this stage is if security/background checks throw up any anomolies, or there are problems with medicals.

Wayne.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.