Just got PER (post June 26)

Old Jan 12th 2011, 1:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Deeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to all
Default Just got PER (post June 26)

Woo Hoo!!!

Just checked my email and there it was!

Ran round the house screaming for a while...rang my husband who was a tad more restrained!

Application was received on 20th September, Bankers draft cashed on 29th September...PER today....( Registered Nurse)

On to the next stage...
Old Jan 12th 2011, 1:23 pm
Forum Regular

Waggles wife is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Just got PER (post June 26)

congratz
Old Jan 12th 2011, 1:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Deeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to all

Thanks...it's so exciting!
Old Jan 12th 2011, 1:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Deeny
Woo Hoo!!!

Ran round the house screaming for a while...rang my husband who was a tad more restrained!

Application was received on 20th September, Bankers draft cashed on 29th September...PER today....( Registered Nurse)

On to the next stage...
Congrats

Yeah someone on canadavisa.com forum whose application was received 20th September got their PER today as well.

Seems things are getting a bit random at CIO. Some people whose applications were received 7th September (one of whom is helcat12 on this forum) still haven't received their PERs.

I think someone dropped a big pile of them and then got put back together in a random order!

Wayne.
Old Jan 12th 2011, 1:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks,

I have been (obsessively) following your spreadsheet; working from that I thought I may hear something next week.

I'm not going to try and fathom the workings of CIC, but they seem to be working their way through the pile quite quickly now.

My application was quite straightforward, maybe those from the 7th need a little more work?
Regards

Deeny

Last edited by Deeny; Jan 12th 2011 at 1:52 pm. Reason: grammar
Old Jan 12th 2011, 2:06 pm
Just Joined

havana is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Just got PER (post June 26)

Woo Hoo!!!

On to the next stage...
hi, congrats, seems great
did you apply after july 2010? I applied last october as my occupation is is the new list of the FSW, any idea of processing times...thanks alot
Old Jan 12th 2011, 2:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks,

Yes, I applied in Sept 2010.

Do you know when your application was received? How did you pay?

We paid for special delivery and so were able to track our application and our bank told us when the draft was cashed.

As this system is new, no one is really sure of the processing times...not enough people have completed the process yet. In theory it should be quicker as the 120 day wait for document gathering has been eliminated and the IELTS results are instant proof of linguistic ability.

We are hoping it should be finalised within a 12 month period.

Hope you get some good news soon
Old Jan 12th 2011, 2:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of

Thanks,

We paid for special delivery and so were able to track our application and our bank told us when the draft was cashed.

As this system is new, no one is really sure of the processing times...not enough people have completed the process yet. In theory it should be quicker as the 120 day wait for document gathering has been eliminated and the IELTS results are instant proof of linguistic ability.

My view is that when the application arrives at the visa office, it will be slotted in line behind pre-June-26 applications which are awaiting security/background checks.

Bare in mind that pre-June-26 applications have a 120 days process, and a final eligibility review which has to be done at the visa office. Post-June-26 applications have already passed these stages by the time they get there.

Whereas visa offices did have a backlog of pre-June-26 applications, they have also had 6 months of not receiving any new FSW1 applications until very recently so have had opportunity to clear this.

Also, evidence that CIC believe the process will be finalised within 12 months is that they are now strongly advising that PCC are included with the new applications. Since these are only valid for 12 months, it seems clear to me that CIC are confident most of the applications will be finalised within this timeframe.

My 2 cents.
Capp.
Old Jan 12th 2011, 2:57 pm
Just Joined

havana is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks,

I sent also with special delivery, got message that my application was recieved on 18 oct 2010, went to my bank and asked them to tell me if the draft has been cashed, they said they cannot know, seems really wired for me as it is one of the biggest banks... really hope to hear good news soon, if you hear anything about the new processing time for people applied after june 2010, please tell me, that will be very useful...thanks
Old Jan 12th 2011, 2:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Robin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond repute

Great news for you. Congrats.
Old Jan 12th 2011, 3:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks.

You will have shiny new visas soon...exciting times...
Old Jan 12th 2011, 7:03 pm
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks,

I have been (obsessively) following your spreadsheet; working from that I thought I may hear something next week.

I'm not going to try and fathom the workings of CIC, but they seem to be working their way through the pile quite quickly now.

My application was quite straightforward, maybe those from the 7th need a little more work?
Regards

Deeny
Not complicated at all, in fact my OH is FSW Cat 2, which means he has a job and is already working in Canada with all the paperwork - a positive LMO and a TWP. Just me, his wife of 16 years; no kids, ex-partners, non-accompanying dependents, criminal convictions, outstanding parking tickets, scars, blemishes or nasty habits
So, it really isn't clear why some applicants have received approval and some have not, but it isn't complexity of the application in our case.
Old Jan 12th 2011, 8:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi,

No, your case is not complicated...the workings of CIC...now that's a different matter! I was purely guessing.

Maybe Waggle's muddled pile theory is not too far off the mark!

I know it must be so frustrating for you...I really hope you get some good news soon.

Fingers crossed for you.
Old Jan 12th 2011, 8:30 pm
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

No, your case is not complicated...the workings of CIC...now that's a different matter! I was purely guessing.

Maybe Waggle's muddled pile theory is not too far off the mark!

I know it must be so frustrating for you...I really hope you get some good news soon.

Fingers crossed for you.
Big congratulations to you, Deeny.
I did not mean to seem mean-spirited and I do wish you a straightforward resolution of your case so that you can land as PR with all speed. I know this is a very exciting time for you - enjoy it!
I just wanted to point out to others reading who may be finding their application taking longer that it is not always easy to know why some applications are processed quickly and others languish for much longer before they are approved by CIO at the moment. I cannot imagine a much more straightforward case than ours - we are squeaky clean, have buckets of points and a bona fide LMO, TWP and permanent job ( and we paid by BD so no CC issues) but still we wait.
No-one knows why some people are in the same boat as us and it seems that there is no logic in the processing times lately.
Just have to hope we join you at the Visa Office soon
Old Jan 12th 2011, 9:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

CanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond repute

I think how complex your case is doesn't make a great deal of difference unfortunately, to keep the queue going they very likely take time management very seriously and strictly. Going on from this I expect they give each application an "appointment", an allocated amount of time for review with the case worker for each stage, probably something like 20minutes. If you don't use up the full time good job, but that doesn't push you further ahead of somebody else.

In your case Helen it's probably more along the lines of whoever got given that batch of cases that you're in went on vacation over the Christmas period and they now have a backlog to get through. Remember the CanadaVisa spreadsheet represents only 4% of the total cases received, so mathematically if we scale up you and the other 2 lost cases from that date it's likely were actually around 525 cases all stuck in that 7th September black hole.

Hopefully you'll be processed this week. Congrats to Deeny btw

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.