Just got PER (post June 26)

Old Jan 23rd 2011, 5:56 pm

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Just got PER (post June 26)

Originally Posted by Waggle
Just an unofficial term we've been throwing around the Canadavisa.com forum.

It stands for Positive Eligibility Review. We made the distinction from AOR, because the PER you get from CIO now, post-June-26, has had the final eligibility review (since CIO now get all supporting documents up-front) and points-totting part of the selection/admissability review already completed by CIO. Therefore it is arriving at the visa office in a more advanced state than the pre-June-26 applications, hence the need for a different name for it!

Since the eligibility and selection/admissability have already been determined by CIO prior to reaching the visa office, the VO has less work to do on it, and really the only way the application should fail at this stage is if security/background checks throw up any anomolies, or there are problems with medicals.

Wayne.
Thanks for clearing that one up for me. I have been scratching my head over it for days.

Look to me like under the new system all the waiting time is done in Sydney, where as for us that was the short wait and the long wait is in London? Does this mean they have just moved the bottle neck around?