Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Jason Kenney to hold Press Conference Today @ 3.45pm (Ontario time)

Jason Kenney to hold Press Conference Today @ 3.45pm (Ontario time)

Old Jun 21st 2012, 1:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of
Default Re: Jason Kenney to hold Press Conference Today @ 3.45pm (Ontario time)

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
Surely they have been working towards a new list and set of MI since they started announcing possible changes back in Spring?
They announced possible points matrix changes in early 2011 and still nothing made the MI come July 2011.

The CIC website was clear to say that if a new set of MI had not been issued by 1st July that the caps would reset on that date, indicating to me there's at least a chance that nothing will change this year.

If they did have a glorious new plan, why not announce it by now? FSW1 applications can't be processed until 1st July+, so IMO they have very little to gain by delaying until the end of next week.

But let's see. I am not saying it's probable, but I think it's at least possible that 1st July will bring nothing more than a cap reset.

Wayne.
Old Jun 21st 2012, 1:40 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Waggle
If they did have a glorious new plan, why not announce it by now? FSW1 applications can't be processed until 1st July+, so IMO they have very little to gain by delaying until the end of next week.
They didn't announce the changes last time until 26th June either though, despite having been planning them for months.
Old Jun 22nd 2012, 7:27 am
BE Enthusiast

scribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of light

Well, today is one of the remaining two Fridays left before July 1.

I'll be keeping my eyes glued to the Canada Gazette when I get home (I assume they publish at the end of their working day).
Old Jun 22nd 2012, 12:51 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scribe123
Well, today is one of the remaining two Fridays left before July 1.

I'll be keeping my eyes glued to the Canada Gazette when I get home (I assume they publish at the end of their working day).
Because I am a saddo nerd, I can tell you that they publish it online at 3pm NS time - so 7pm UK time.

Old Jun 22nd 2012, 12:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Because I am a saddo nerd, I can tell you that they publish it online at 3pm NS time - so 7pm UK time.

Oh come on Amy blame the job not yourself
Old Jun 22nd 2012, 1:05 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Oh come on Amy blame the job not yourself
LOL I wish that was true. Sadly, I really am just a saddo nerd..
Old Jun 23rd 2012, 10:33 am
BE Enthusiast

scribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of light

Well, nothing in the Gazette this week.

Still we wait.
Old Jun 25th 2012, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

Siphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant future

Still we wait.
Fingers crossed for this week then!

I'm not sure why I'm crossing fingers - I'm not expecting great news for my line of work

I'm assuming that prior to the "LIST" - that immigration was points based alone for skilled worker apps. I could have applied prior to that change. Woe is me. Perhaps not though, my application would probably have been returned to me because of this years change
Old Jun 25th 2012, 2:06 pm

Still we wait.
Roll on 3pm this Friday. Though I hope there are not too many changes or I know what I will be doing this Canada Day weekend...!
Old Jun 25th 2012, 2:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Roll on 3pm this Friday. Though I hope there are not too many changes or I know what I will be doing this Canada Day weekend...!
+1

I have everything I can possibly cross, crossed, and if there must be changes I hope they're only minor and don't rule us out
Old Jun 26th 2012, 12:30 pm

+1

I have everything I can possibly cross, crossed, and if there must be changes I hope they're only minor and don't rule us out
I keep swinging from feeling like they will just announce everything will stay the same to them announcing massive changes that will be a right pain in the butt
Old Jun 26th 2012, 12:37 pm
Forum Regular

Siphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant future

I keep swinging from feeling like they will just announce everything will stay the same to them announcing massive changes that will be a right pain in the butt
They're gonna remove "THE LIST" but keep NOCs for FSW occupations in skill level and increase the points requirements to an impossibly high 87 whilst allowing 'extra' workers by having an overall annual cap of 350,000 spread amongst Skill levels A-D.

In other news, I saw a piece of bacon with wings in the sky the other day.
Old Jun 26th 2012, 1:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of

The previous "list" is already 2 years old. This means those that have just applied in the past few months (who probably face at least 12 months to be finalised) have work experience which will be 3 years since it was first deemed in demand by the time they are approved, and therefore there's a high chance it's no longer in demand.

If they wait yet another year, this means those applying towards the end will have skills deemed in demand 4 years ago.

I personally think 2 years is too long a time to update the list - it should be done annually at the very least to have any chance of remaining current. But certainly it shouldn't be more than 2 years.

Wayne.
Old Jun 26th 2012, 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by Waggle
The previous "list" is already 2 years old. This means those that have just applied in the past few months (who probably face at least 12 months to be finalised) have work experience which will be 3 years since it was first deemed in demand by the time they are approved, and therefore there's a high chance it's no longer in demand.

If they wait yet another year, this means those applying towards the end will have skills deemed in demand 4 years ago.

I personally think 2 years is too long a time to update the list - it should be done annually at the very least to have any chance of remaining current. But certainly it shouldn't be more than 2 years.

Wayne.
Maybe the lists were kept the same as they were still viewed as being occupations in demand? Maybe they are still viewed as being THE occupations in demand now?

Personally I think some are due to be removed and replaced - I have done my research so have an idea of how it could play out but with CIC you just never know what magical plans they have up their sleeves.
Old Jun 26th 2012, 7:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Maybe the lists were kept the same as they were still viewed as being occupations in demand? Maybe they are still viewed as being THE occupations in demand now?

Personally I think some are due to be removed and replaced - I have done my research so have an idea of how it could play out but with CIC you just never know what magical plans they have up their sleeves.

Undoubtedly some of the occupations will still be in demand. But almost as certain is that some occupations will not.

IMO the list needs reviewing at least annually. Of course, it's hard to respond to job market needs when the actual processing time is so long

The position they need to get to I think is to get processing times down to 6 months, and also review the in demand list at least once per year.

Wayne.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.