Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Jason Kenney to hold Press Conference Today @ 3.45pm (Ontario time)

Jason Kenney to hold Press Conference Today @ 3.45pm (Ontario time)

Old Jun 20th 2012, 1:20 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Jason Kenney to hold Press Conference Today @ 3.45pm (Ontario time)

http://www.marketwire.com/press-rele...on-1671341.htm
Old Jun 20th 2012, 1:25 pm
Forum Regular

hamazz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Jason Kenney to hold Press Conference Today @ 3.45pm (Ontario time)

lets see what he pulls out of the hat...
Old Jun 20th 2012, 1:26 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

It is going to be interesting that is for sure - specially with the court case problems of the last week. Will that cause them to reign in their original plans for the policy changes or will it be full steam ahead with a view to appealing the court case and over turning it?
Old Jun 20th 2012, 1:30 pm
Forum Regular

Siphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant future

Your eyes were peeled good

I guess being 5 hours in front, I should still be able to see what's happening before I retire tonight. Hopefully!
Old Jun 20th 2012, 1:33 pm
Forum Regular

hamazz is an unknown quantity at this point

any idea of a link that may have it video broadcast? so that can follow

hamazz
Old Jun 20th 2012, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by Siphorous
Your eyes were peeled good

I guess being 5 hours in front, I should still be able to see what's happening before I retire tonight. Hopefully!
It's my job so I need to know what is going on - can't believe I missed his tweet in the first place!

I would imagine CBC or Global will have a live link to the press conference - if not they should show video of it soon after.
Old Jun 20th 2012, 2:10 pm

Looks like it may not be about what we all want it to be about: http://m.ctv.ca/topstories/20120619/...ls-120619.html
Old Jun 20th 2012, 2:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
It is going to be interesting that is for sure - specially with the court case problems of the last week. Will that cause them to reign in their original plans for the policy changes or will it be full steam ahead with a view to appealing the court case and over turning it?
If you're talking about the 900+ plaintiffs who recently got the court to rule that their apps were not processed in a timely fashion and must be processed by October, then IIRC the judge ruled there would be no right of appeal.

Nevertheless his press conference should make for interesting hearing. Maybe he's just going to announce the 1st July FSW rules?

Wayne.
Old Jun 20th 2012, 2:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

scribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
Looks like it may not be about what we all want it to be about: http://m.ctv.ca/topstories/20120619/...ls-120619.html
That's a shame if you're correct as I was hoping it would be the July 1 rules. It would be great to get them this early.

Thinking about it perhaps you're correct as I would expect any rules to be announced on a Friday in line with the new issue of the Gazette.
Old Jun 20th 2012, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by Waggle
If you're talking about the 900+ plaintiffs who recently got the court to rule that their apps were not processed in a timely fashion and must be processed by October, then IIRC the judge ruled there would be no right of appeal.

Nevertheless his press conference should make for interesting hearing. Maybe he's just going to announce the 1st July FSW rules?

Wayne.
I was under the impression that could take it to the Supreme Court - maybe I am wrong?

Anywhoo I cannot see that they will just lay back and process them all - they will do all they can to get rid of as many applications as they can using their "your duties do not match" when they obviously do, or you left a blank box etc etc.
Old Jun 20th 2012, 3:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

sdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nice

Watched Mr K taking part in the budget review comitee on tv a couple of days ago, as much as he has caused a deal of stress for some of us, his ideas seem to make sense, its just the implementation that could have been workedon, but at the end of the day they are transparent for a government department!
Old Jun 20th 2012, 4:22 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

I heard* he's putting a freeze on immigration for the next year to concentrate on unemployment and realignment of skills internally.

*I didn't really
Old Jun 20th 2012, 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by el_richo
I heard* he's putting a freeze on immigration for the next year to concentrate on unemployment and realignment of skills internally.

*I didn't really
LOL that would be interesting to see!
Old Jun 20th 2012, 5:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by el_richo
*I didn't really
Depends what you mean by "freeze"?

Does this mean he's not accepting new applications for a year, or not processing any applications (including existing ones) for a year?

I can understand the former as a help to clear the remainder of the backlog, but the latter wouldn't help matters at all.

Wayne.
Old Jun 20th 2012, 5:30 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Waggle
Depends what you mean by "freeze"?

Does this mean he's not accepting new applications for a year, or not processing any applications (including existing ones) for a year?

I can understand the former as a help to clear the remainder of the backlog, but the latter wouldn't help matters at all.

Wayne.
*WHOOSH*. That was the sound of el_richo's joke going waaaay over your head.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.