International Experience Canada

Old May 17th 2011, 7:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Third6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really nice
Default Re: International Experience Canada

I didn't say it was far from the truth but just because Paris has given you the ok it's not a guaranteed acceptance. The YMU just check to see all the forms are there, present and correct. London check things thoroughly and that's where people that have been provisionally accepted could potentially be rejected.

Most people have nothing to worry about if your criminal record is clean and you haven't over-stayed any previous visas etc. I was merely stating that your permit is not a guarantee until you actually have your LoI.
Old May 17th 2011, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

adamwoodhouse is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Third6
I didn't say it was far from the truth but just because Paris has given you the ok it's not a guaranteed acceptance. The YMU just check to see all the forms are there, present and correct. London check things thoroughly and that's where people that have been provisionally accepted could potentially be rejected.

Most people have nothing to worry about if your criminal record is clean and you haven't over-stayed any previous visas etc. I was merely stating that your permit is not a guarantee until you actually have your LoI.
thats cool nothing is a guarantee in life lol.

really really really praying my loi arrives in the next 10 days but that's expecting a bit too much i think :S
Old May 17th 2011, 7:18 pm
Just Joined

ccrudden is an unknown quantity at this point

Would you think that it is to late to actually start an application from scratch - From the UK? I hope not..............

Thanks
Old May 17th 2011, 7:45 pm
Forum Regular

Cdaniels1987 is just really niceCdaniels1987 is just really niceCdaniels1987 is just really niceCdaniels1987 is just really niceCdaniels1987 is just really niceCdaniels1987 is just really niceCdaniels1987 is just really niceCdaniels1987 is just really nice

No its not too late at all, they are still allowing you to download the application pack which means there are still visas available, also there are still bunac visa's available and apparently they only had 500.... so I'd say just go for it, what have you got to lose?

Yeah I know its not guaranteed but to be honest I have never been arrested or in trouble with the police, never been anywhere but europe the only thing with me is my bad credit from when I was 18, however i'd be a little pissed if that got me rejected, however I have read there is no credit check or anything so fingers crossed!
Old May 17th 2011, 8:00 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Cdaniels1987
No its not too late at all, they are still allowing you to download the application pack which means there are still visas available, also there are still bunac visa's available and apparently they only had 500.... so I'd say just go for it, what have you got to lose?

Yeah I know its not guaranteed but to be honest I have never been arrested or in trouble with the police, never been anywhere but europe the only thing with me is my bad credit from when I was 18, however i'd be a little pissed if that got me rejected, however I have read there is no credit check or anything so fingers crossed!
Yeah but theres cost £254! lol... I wonder if they offer a refund if you cannot get the VISA?

Hmm....
Old May 17th 2011, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

Cdaniels1987 is just really niceCdaniels1987 is just really niceCdaniels1987 is just really niceCdaniels1987 is just really niceCdaniels1987 is just really niceCdaniels1987 is just really niceCdaniels1987 is just really niceCdaniels1987 is just really nice

Well if you pay the £254 with Bunac they reserve you a visa while you apply however the £254 only covers the bunac part you still then have to pay for you police certificate and your application fee which is £90, we didn't go through Bunac because we didn't see the point in paying the £254, however if you are worried about the visas running out this could be a possibility for you. I think if Bunac accept you but you get rejected at the London stage you get your £250 back. Bunac looks good if your going on your own and would like to meet people before you go and while your there at the walk in centres, however because I am going with my partner I dont really need to meet people before I go, so the £254 was pointless for us.

Your other option is to just go through IEC, as far as i'm aware there are still plenty of spaces left, like I said as long as you can download the app there are still spaces available, and again if you get accepted at YMU your visa is reserved once you pay the £90.00, then if for whatever reason you get refused at London, you get your £90.00 back.

You wont lose out on anything because you dont pay anything to either Bunac or IEC unless there are still spaces available, the only thing you could lose out on is paying for the Police cert which costs between £30 and £70 depending on which service you pay for.
Old May 18th 2011, 12:38 pm
Forum Regular

15th April Sent application to Paris
18th April Acknowledgement of Reciept
28th April Conditional Acceptance
3rd May Reciept of Proof of Payment
04th May Application send to London for 2nd Phase
18th May LOI!!!!!

OFF I GO!!!
Old May 18th 2011, 1:02 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by adamwoodhouse
15th April Sent application to Paris
18th April Acknowledgement of Reciept
28th April Conditional Acceptance
3rd May Reciept of Proof of Payment
04th May Application send to London for 2nd Phase
18th May LOI!!!!!

OFF I GO!!!
Congratulations Man!! Where you off to in Canada?

Cathal
Old May 18th 2011, 1:41 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ccrudden
Congratulations Man!! Where you off to in Canada?

Cathal
Probably the 1st, 2nd or 3rd

Old May 18th 2011, 4:17 pm
Just Joined

IanScottEsquire is an unknown quantity at this point

Just got my LOI today too!!
Old May 18th 2011, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by IanScottEsquire
Just got my LOI today too!!
Well done!

Flight booked. flying from gatwick to vancouver on the 4th of June!
Old May 19th 2011, 9:10 am
Forum Regular

wesbray is an unknown quantity at this point

Mine came through much quicker than I anticipated!

April 15: Sent application to Paris
April 21: Acknowledgement of receipt
May 3: Conditional acceptance
May 5: Receipt of proof of payment
May 5: Application sent to London
May 18: LOI
Panic over!
Old May 19th 2011, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by wesbray
Mine came through much quicker than I anticipated!

April 15: Sent application to Paris
April 21: Acknowledgement of receipt
May 3: Conditional acceptance
May 5: Receipt of proof of payment
May 5: Application sent to London
May 18: LOI
Panic over!
same timeline as me exactly pretty much!!! congrats!
Old May 19th 2011, 2:36 pm
Just Joined

jcole is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone! I'm new here. I know that there have probably been discussions about everything, but it's hard to find what I need among the 100's of posts.

I need help with the IMM5645E form (Family information).
What type of application is Working Holiday? Visitor, Student, Worker or other?

Thank you!
Old May 19th 2011, 2:41 pm
Forum Regular

I chose worker and that was accepted in France.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.