International Experience Canada

Old Apr 19th 2012, 4:55 pm
Just Joined

marzmurphy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: International Experience Canada

Originally Posted by af1987
Hey guys, just looking for a little help here.

I sent my application in on the 17th February, and I've still yet to here ANYTHING, not even an email to say they've recieved or opened the damn thing two months on...

Is this normal?

Cheers
This seams a little long not to have received anything from them....although even if you email them , they dont seam to reply at all....but I would keep trying them, scan your receipt for the post if you still have it and send it to them, maybe even write a letter to them too if they wont reply by email....hope you hear something soon!!
Old Apr 19th 2012, 5:57 pm
Just Joined

stonecoldstrain is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey guys,
I sent off payment yesterday but subsequently noticed the last 2 digits of my WTN were missing. I immediately emailed IEC and explained what had happened, and also included my WTN and account details etc so they can match it up. Has anyone here made this same silly mistake and did it all go through ok???
Old Apr 19th 2012, 6:02 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by stonecoldstrain
Hey guys,
I sent off payment yesterday but subsequently noticed the last 2 digits of my WTN were missing. I immediately emailed IEC and explained what had happened, and also included my WTN and account details etc so they can match it up. Has anyone here made this same silly mistake and did it all go through ok???
Apparently there has been posts about peoples WTN getting lost in the reference line, it should be ok though, but you should get your bank to do a "trace" of your money in a few days so they can confirm that the money went through, you should also scan your funds transfer recipt and email that to them. They took nearly 3 weeks to give me notice of recipt of payment so I thought they had lost my WTN...so i supplied them with all that information and got confirmed for payment yesterday...so just do all the above if you dont hear anything in a few days..good luck..!!
Old Apr 19th 2012, 6:07 pm
Just Joined

Great marzmurphy thanks a lot! My bank does the new 'faster funds transfer' thing (lloyds tsb) so it should've got to them in a few hours. I know for sure the money has left my account. Do you get a separate receipt of payment email and a passed to CIC email or is it all in one?
Thanks again
Old Apr 19th 2012, 6:35 pm
Just Joined

Great marzmurphy thanks a lot! My bank does the new 'faster funds transfer' thing (lloyds tsb) so it should've got to them in a few hours. I know for sure the money has left my account. Do you get a separate receipt of payment email and a passed to CIC email or is it all in one?
Thanks again

No its all in one....they dont actually acknowledge that they recieve your payment just that your application has been passed on to the CIC, (il include the email they send below).. but like i said they took so long to give this to me..and for some people they got it a few days after they send payment so dont worry if you dont hear anything back for a little while, but hopefuly they send it on quickly!

Subject: IEC eligible, sent to CIC.

Dear Mr./Ms.:
We are pleased to inform you that your application meets the International Experience Canada (IEC) criteria. Today we transferred your file to the Visa Section at the High Commission of Canada to the United Kingdom for the second phase of the evaluation. If your application is approved, you will receive a Letter of Introduction by email to the address that you provided on
your application form. (No paper copy will be sent.) Please remember to check your spam folder and junk mail.

If your application is refused, you will receive a letter by mail explaining the reasons for this refusal. If this happens, the IEC will refund your participation fee. Whether your application is approved, refused, or requires additional documentation, you will receive an answer regarding your application via email within six weeks. Please note that until this processing time has passed, we will not reply to any questions about the progress of your
file.

If you do not receive notification informing you of the High Commission’s decision and the total processing time has passed, please email us at [email protected]. Please make sure you include your World Tracking Number.
Old Apr 19th 2012, 6:51 pm
Just Joined

Thanks again
Just wrote you a reply , but dont think it got posted!! But to answer...no they dont give you any notification that they have received your payment, you basically just get an email saying that your application has been passed to CIC, and will receive an answer on whether you are successful or not by 6 week..
Old Apr 19th 2012, 6:53 pm
Just Joined

Ok cool. I noticed on the IEC 2012 FB page that some people have done the same as me and they have received their LOI so I'm not too worried now...but this is my 2nd application and I've already been in Canada since Jan so it's kinda crucial that it all works out!
Old Apr 19th 2012, 11:04 pm
Just Joined

af1987 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hindsight
I sent mine on the 14th March and got receipt email from them on the 28th March. I'd check up on it, did you sent it recorded delivery?
No stupidly not. I sent it by first class post, so theres no way of knowing if it even arrived. Would it just be best to sent off another application? though this would involve obtaining another police certificate as they need the original right?

Thanks for your help guys
Old Apr 20th 2012, 2:42 am

techy2487 is an unknown quantity at this point

Guys, weird one. But does anyone know what the implications are of continuing to work at my current place after my current visa expires?

My work are not bothered in the slightest about keeping me employed / paying me for a few weeks until it comes through. It's not cash in hand, it's all legit. The problem is, the current waiting period. I'm looking at more like 7/8 weeks.

What's the score ? This job pays me half decent and I'm permanently employed. Am i able to maybe apply for a work permit? It's an office job, so it's hardly something that a regular Canadian couldn't do.
Old Apr 20th 2012, 2:44 am
Forum Regular

zebrapjs is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

quick question:

I am at the stage of where I have to pay £90 for the fee and also have to send an electronic version of the document IMM1295 via email to the email address the Canadian High Commissionhave provided.

Can you tell me if this document has to be signed by myself before I email it. Obviously when i sent the documents the first time round they had to be printed and posted and therefore I could sign it, but with this form being on the computer there is no way to potentially sign it.

if it does have to be signed how do I do this? Should I scan it? Does it matter?

What has everyone else done?
Old Apr 20th 2012, 6:39 am
Forum Regular

JamesRR is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello all, please can you help me?

Ive just made payment but have a bit of a predicament of sending my IMM1295 form. The thing is, I have 2 validated forms saved in my folder, both of which have the same info so Ive sent either one.

The problem is, even though they both have the same details, they have different reference numbers (located at the bottom right of each page) and would also have different bar codes, again, to stress, both are validated and have the same info. (Ive checked file properties and they are have a 2 hour time difference, also not able to check which one I printed last since I did it at a public library).

What do you recommend I do? If for example the details are the same but I end up sending the form with only a different bar code and ref, is this going to cause me a problem?

Your advice, experience or tip is very much appreciated. Its the last hurdle for me.

Thank you in advance.

Last edited by JamesRR; Apr 20th 2012 at 7:24 am.
Old Apr 20th 2012, 9:52 am
Just Joined

Jake_E is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys,

I've never posted on here, I have however been reading along with posts which has helped deal with stress.

Anyhow, I see posting timelines is appreciated and I received my LOI at 1am this morning so here is my timeline;

Application sent - 19th January (via royal mail recorded delivery)
Arrived - 20th jan (checked on online tracking)
Notice of Receipt - 23rd February.
Payment request - 31st March (on a saturday)
I then sent payment on the following monday (2nd April)
Passed through to second stage (5th April) - I think it was quicker for me as I'm with Barclay's which is the same account they use.
LOI - this morning (20th April) at 1am.

Good luck to everyone;

Also, I recieved the LOI and saw it on my iphone, the application opened with the document not filled out, I then used a laptop and it was filled out - not sure why as iphone opened the rest of their documents okay.

Do check junk mail, I'm with hotmail and it was okay but the e-mail looks different from others that they send.

Also, slightly strange but on the end of their document it says;

IMPORTANT: Regulations have established a maximum cumulative duration of four years that a Temporary
Foreign Worker can work in Canada. After four years of work has been accumulated, a period of 48 months
spent not working in Canada must elapse before another work permit can be issued, with some limited
exceptions. You are encouraged to keep track of any time you have not worked in Canada and retain any
documents which can prove the time which you did not work. For more information on this, please visit our
Website - (I'm very surprised they haven't updated this!!)

Once again, good luck. You will usually find via people updating timelines that people end up being in similar groups as of the NOR (notice of Receipt)

Jake x

Last edited by Jake_E; Apr 20th 2012 at 9:55 am.
Old Apr 20th 2012, 10:55 am
Forum Regular

snofairy has a reputation beyond reputesnofairy has a reputation beyond reputesnofairy has a reputation beyond reputesnofairy has a reputation beyond reputesnofairy has a reputation beyond reputesnofairy has a reputation beyond reputesnofairy has a reputation beyond reputesnofairy has a reputation beyond reputesnofairy has a reputation beyond reputesnofairy has a reputation beyond reputesnofairy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JamesRR
Hello all, please can you help me?

Ive just made payment but have a bit of a predicament of sending my IMM1295 form. The thing is, I have 2 validated forms saved in my folder, both of which have the same info so Ive sent either one.

The problem is, even though they both have the same details, they have different reference numbers (located at the bottom right of each page) and would also have different bar codes, again, to stress, both are validated and have the same info. (Ive checked file properties and they are have a 2 hour time difference, also not able to check which one I printed last since I did it at a public library).

What do you recommend I do? If for example the details are the same but I end up sending the form with only a different bar code and ref, is this going to cause me a problem?

Your advice, experience or tip is very much appreciated. Its the last hurdle for me.

Thank you in advance.
Hi,

I'm sure other people have had the same problem as you, some didn't save their validated form so had to fill a new one in exactly the same as the one they sent off so this meant they had a different bar code. I think the person that this happened to emailed the IEC Team and they said it was fine they just need the information to match your original application. It is in this thread somewhere so do a search and it should come up.

Quote from a post Feb 8th 2012:

To everyone who has forgotten to save a copy of their IMM1295 form, especially Josh, I have at last received a reply from the IEC, here is a copy of the email:

That is fine if a new form is completed, please make sure to use the same information that was included in the original form. When completed, press the "Validate" button, and save as a PDF file. You can then send the email with the file attachment to this email address.

Thank you,

IEC Team

Good Luck!

Last edited by snofairy; Apr 20th 2012 at 11:06 am. Reason: Found post where info was quoted
Old Apr 20th 2012, 11:00 am
Forum Regular

snofairy has a reputation beyond reputesnofairy has a reputation beyond reputesnofairy has a reputation beyond reputesnofairy has a reputation beyond reputesnofairy has a reputation beyond reputesnofairy has a reputation beyond reputesnofairy has a reputation beyond reputesnofairy has a reputation beyond reputesnofairy has a reputation beyond reputesnofairy has a reputation beyond reputesnofairy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zebrapjs
Hi

quick question:

I am at the stage of where I have to pay £90 for the fee and also have to send an electronic version of the document IMM1295 via email to the email address the Canadian High Commissionhave provided.

Can you tell me if this document has to be signed by myself before I email it. Obviously when i sent the documents the first time round they had to be printed and posted and therefore I could sign it, but with this form being on the computer there is no way to potentially sign it.

if it does have to be signed how do I do this? Should I scan it? Does it matter?

What has everyone else done?
Hi,

You email it unsigned, they just need to match the information. I sent mine unsigned and am waiting for my LOI.

Good Luck
Old Apr 20th 2012, 12:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by techy2487
Guys, weird one. But does anyone know what the implications are of continuing to work at my current place after my current visa expires?

My work are not bothered in the slightest about keeping me employed / paying me for a few weeks until it comes through. It's not cash in hand, it's all legit. The problem is, the current waiting period. I'm looking at more like 7/8 weeks.

What's the score ? This job pays me half decent and I'm permanently employed. Am i able to maybe apply for a work permit? It's an office job, so it's hardly something that a regular Canadian couldn't do.
Working after your current visa expires is an offence and if caught chances are you would be issued a removal order. IEC TWPs visas are not extendable.
You would have to apply through CPC Vegreville to change over to Visitor status until new paperwork arrives.
The regular work permit route would probably not apply in your situation.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.